PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Understand the VPC's Hard-On for CCW Holders

LAGC
09-15-2010, 06:26 PM
http://www.vpc.org/ccwkillers.htm

Nevermind the fact that there are MILLIONS of CCW holders in the country and 189 deaths since 2007 (while still tragedies) seems quite low considering so many guns out there... what I don't get is, what do they think would happen if we got rid of concealed-carry altogether? Would these nut-cases have suddenly become law-abiding instead? Do you think they would have cared whether or not it was legal to carry a concealed weapon on their persons, if they could care less about that other insignificant law against MURDER perhaps? Would it make them feel better if they could slap a misdemeanor charge of "illegally carrying concealed" on top of a felony capital offense? Do you think if they didn't have access to guns they wouldn't have found some other weapon to commit their crimes with?

Someone enlighten me here, because I'm confused as to VPC's goals...

aliceinchains
09-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Concealed Carry Killers. Let me grab my hat. :tinfoil:

Krupski
09-15-2010, 07:22 PM
http://www.vpc.org/ccwkillers.htm

Nevermind the fact that there are MILLIONS of CCW holders in the country and 189 deaths since 2007 (while still tragedies) seems quite low considering so many guns out there.

They say "180 private citizens killed by CHL holders". Over the course of how many years? And how many of those "private citizens" were criminals who the CHL holder shot in valid, legal and morally justified self defense?

halogen
09-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Some time ago, I read an article by the NRA referencing these “statistics” posted by the VPC. It pointed out that the source for who had a conceal carry permit comes from newspaper articles. Since states do not publish a list of conceal carry permit holders, the news articles are typically based on assumptions and not facts.

Of course, any time it looks like the killing was done by someone holding a conceal carry permit, the VPC will count it in their totals. Whether accurate or not, they don’t care.

MOP
09-15-2010, 08:21 PM
The VPC group is helping the 'poors' by attacking the RKBA;

while they ignored the chronic alcoholism, the chronic laziness, and

the chronic stupidity of the poor folks.

case-in-point: the city of Philadelphia allowed+approved of Government-run-Liquor

Stores.....in poor sections of the city, while they slammed the RKBA in their jurisdiction.

Krupski
09-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Some time ago, I read an article by the NRA referencing these “statistics” posted by the VPC. It pointed out that the source for who had a conceal carry permit comes from newspaper articles. Since states do not publish a list of conceal carry permit holders, the news articles are typically based on assumptions and not facts.

Of course, any time it looks like the killing was done by someone holding a conceal carry permit, the VPC will count it in their totals. Whether accurate or not, they don’t care.

Welcome new person! :welcome:

Now, are you chlorine, fluorine, bromine or iodine? :)