PDA

View Full Version : berkshire humidor

silentkilla
06-22-2013, 12:11 PM
think i'm going to go with the berkshire 75ct humidor. for under 80 bucks this seems to fit my budget and my needs. can anyone give me anymore info on these humi's?

CigarGuy
06-22-2013, 12:28 PM
think i'm going to go with the berkshire 75ct humidor. for under 80 bucks this seems to fit my budget and my needs. can anyone give me anymore info on these humi's?

As stated earlier, the biggest quality is a tight seal. Hard to do with an on ine purchase, of course.
IF you go to a local retailer, or once you get it on line, if returnable, do the "dollar bill" test. Open the top
lay a dollar bill halfway in, close e top, and see if you can pull the bill out. It should clamp down on the dollar without
any give. Open, and repeat, along the full length and width of the lip.
Don't forget to "season" the interior properly! Hopefully, there will be instructions. Oh, and a digital, not analog,
humistat.

El Jefe
06-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Whatever you think you need space wise, multiply by 10. ;)

Also, listen to CG.

CigarGuy
06-22-2013, 01:12 PM
...and don't put any Drew Estates cigars in there....

silentkilla
06-22-2013, 04:52 PM
...and don't put any Drew Estates cigars in there....

thank you guys very much for the info! soon as i get it in i'll take a couple of pics and let you guys see it. and yes i will absolutly do the dollar bill test. but might need a hand at properly seasoning it. thanks

mrkalashnikov
06-24-2013, 01:21 PM
By coincidence I've been looking around for a new cigar-house this past week or so meself. For some reason my present one has run out of space ;). I've looked in a couple of local stores and online but am kinda overwhelmed by the selection out there. I'd like to keep the cost down to $150 or less, if that's possible for a good 'dore that will hold 50 sticks or so. Any advice/thoughts appreciated, as always.

TEN-32
06-25-2013, 05:49 PM
One thing I highly recommend is a Cigar Oasis. Takes all the guesswork out.
http://www.amazon.com/Cigar-Oasis-XL-Electronic-Humidifier/dp/B000W8UYO2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372200457&sr=8-1&keywords=cigar+oasis

MrK...I may have a cedar lined humidor for you. PM me if interested. It would be considerably le$$ than your budget. Probably about half.

mrkalashnikov
06-26-2013, 08:59 AM
One thing I highly recommend is a Cigar Oasis. Takes all the guesswork out.
http://www.amazon.com/Cigar-Oasis-XL-Electronic-Humidifier/dp/B000W8UYO2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372200457&sr=8-1&keywords=cigar+oasis

MrK...I may have a cedar lined humidor for you. PM me if interested. It would be considerably le$$ than your budget. Probably about half.
Thanks for the tip and the offer amigo, I'll keep both in mind. I know about the Oasis units from this fine forum....the humidor thing is going to take some time. Kind of like screening a nanny for the kids, lol. :cigarsmoking: