PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to propose a simple GunsNet box pass!

El Jefe
06-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Hear me out on this. If we can get 6 souls interested in this, I'm willing to get it started and then ride herd on it to keep it moving along. Obviously, you peoples input is of the utmost importance, it should be fun for everyone involved or whats the point?

Fidel believes:
http://s23.postimg.org/574bnfccb/fidel_12.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
the proletariat should rock the house!

My thought is; keep it simple, easy and inexpensive. I was thinking something along the lines of a 10 stick box that I would put together and send to the next participant, they would select from the box up to 3 cigars and then simply replace them with cigars of equal value. The value part I think should be based solely on monetary value, if we get too subjective it takes the fun out of it IMO. If you select a $5 smoke that you'd like to try, simply replace it with a $5 stick, give or take, say, 50 cents.

If everyone agrees, I thought I'd put together some kind of reusable container that would fit in one of the inexpensive flat rate boxes that the post office offers. I was thinking this was a well known system everyone understood and had access to.

So, at this point, I welcome your input, lets brainstorm this and have some fun comrades! :naughty:

CigarGuy
06-25-2013, 06:49 AM
I'd receive and pass it on........

El Jefe
06-25-2013, 08:40 AM
Alright, now we just need 4 more.

C'mon you heathens!, sign up! ;)

mrkalashnikov
06-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Sounds like an interesting plan. The only drawback from my viewpoint is I'm currently awash in stogies. I just don't smoke them as frequently as you other aficianados...but I'd still be willing to particiapte I reckon.

El Jefe
06-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Sounds like an interesting plan. The only drawback from my viewpoint is I'm currently awash in stogies. I just don't smoke them as frequently as you other aficianados...but I'd still be willing to particiapte I reckon.

Cool.;)

Remember, you can, if you wish, select just a single cigar, or a max of 3. So we're not talking about a major investment. Simple and inexpensive is the goal.

So, there are 3 conspirators now. We just need 3 more.

CigarGuy
06-25-2013, 02:09 PM

Only problem would be IF you were LOW in inventory. If awash, you'll be able to put some of your dups in and get up to 3 to try that
you never have?
It's kinda fun when it goes out, Jeffy will post what he put in there. When the next one gets it, he'll post his gives and takes and send it on.

El Jefe
06-25-2013, 02:17 PM
If you don't join in on the box pass, the terrorists win!

:rotflmbao:

TEN-32
06-25-2013, 04:42 PM
I'm in.

El Jefe
06-25-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm in.

Awesome! ;)

Lets see, thats 4, we just need two more dupes, errrrr participants. :)

CigarGuy
06-26-2013, 06:59 AM
My Ashton inventory was replenished last night, so I'm anxious to share........;)

El Jefe
06-26-2013, 07:56 AM
My Ashton inventory was replenished last night, so I'm anxious to share........;)

Nice! What did you grab?

C'mon people, we just need two more!

CigarGuy
06-26-2013, 08:15 AM
Nice! What did you grab?

Got the usual. La Aroma's and San Cris'.

El Jefe
06-26-2013, 08:19 AM
Got the usual. La Aroma's and San Cris'.

San Cris?

CigarGuy
06-26-2013, 08:27 AM
San Cristobal. Pepin-made cigars made in Nic for Ashton.
Same name as the Habanos.

El Jefe
06-26-2013, 08:44 AM
San Cristobal. Pepin-made cigars made in Nic for Ashton.
Same name as the Habanos.

Huh, don't guess I ever noticed them. :smiley_freak:

mrkalashnikov
06-26-2013, 08:51 AM

Ashton Cabinets are one of my favorite smokes. Pricey though @ about $15 a pop, at least at my local shop. :cigarsmoking:

mrkalashnikov
06-26-2013, 08:54 AM
Only problem would be IF you were LOW in inventory. If awash, you'll be able to put some of your dups in and get up to 3 to try...

I guess that math does make more sense than mine. ;)

El Jefe
06-26-2013, 08:57 AM
Ashton Cabinets are one of my favorite smokes. Pricey though @ about $15 a pop, at least at my local shop. :cigarsmoking:

Great sticks, no doubt. Depending on size $15 sounds pretty normal for these at a B&M.

El Jefe
06-26-2013, 09:28 AM
:bump:

TEN-32
06-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Why do we need 6? Obviously the more the merrier but why can't we make it happen with 4? I just placed an order for this...:cigarsmoking:

El Jefe
06-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Why do we need 6? Obviously the more the merrier but why can't we make it happen with 4? I just placed an order for this...:cigarsmoking:

Well, my motivation for this, beyond having fun, is to hopefully build interest in our little forum. Most of the time its just 3 or 4 of us talking to each other, which is fine, but if the number was say, 10, it be mo betta! ;)

El Jefe
06-27-2013, 12:45 AM

TEN-32
06-27-2013, 08:08 AM
Dan Morris, where ya at?

El Jefe
06-27-2013, 12:11 PM

El Jefe
06-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Dan Morris, where ya at?

I'd sure like to see Dan, Recon and Doc get in on this.

I'm heading out Sunday for Roaring River, be gone till Friday night. If we think we have our ducks in a row, I'll send the box out on Saturday. I kinda need to do it on the 6th as we're heading out again on the 8th for Bennett Spring. ;)

I've pretty much made my selections of the sticks I'll put in the pass box. Not a dog rocket in the bunch. I think any cigar fan will be able to find something tempting in what I'm putting together. Also, not all of them will be expensive, a few retail in the $5 to $7 range. About half of them will be refugees from the Golden Isle. :naughty:

:anim_beer-1: