PDA

View Full Version : Sosa Vintage Piramide #2 & Hardy VS Cognac

Dr. Gonzo GED
06-25-2013, 01:48 AM
Trying out a nice litte something from Jefferson's stash.

Beautfull milk chocolate brown wrapper on this Sosa. It smells like a tree. Seriously, it smells like live wood. Like a park in summertime.

Wow. This thing is smooooth. It's a big stogie, almost a Churchill, but it bites softer than a Marlboro. Tastes like warm breve with a touch of honey. Finishes with a ghost of walnut and dry wild grass.

Dang...

The Hardy isn't bad either. Strong aromatic grapes with a touch of sweetness and gentle, malty wood notes like a Sherry casked whiskey. Velvet on the tongue and a camp fire in the belly. A great representative of the "distilled vino" family of liqours.

The Sosa adds a touch of that walnut to the cognac. A perfect compliment IMHO.

Jeffe, I think this Sosa Vintage might be my new favorite smoke. Thanks man!

Would highly reccomend! Definitely going to be picking a couple of these up if I see them around.

http://www.cigarmonthclub.com/media/catalog/product/cache/15/small_image/198x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/o/sosa-vintage-piramide-2-band_3.jpg
Pictured: The Bomb Diggity!

CigarGuy
06-25-2013, 06:51 AM
Great review, Doc! Thanks!

TEN-32
06-25-2013, 07:14 AM
And then there were five! When this thing is huge we can claim OG status. :biggrina:

El Jefe
06-25-2013, 08:39 AM
Nice! ;)

I've enjoyed the Sosa's a few times with coffee after breakfast. Worked pretty danged well.

mrkalashnikov
06-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Very nice review, Doctor.

"It smells like a tree. Seriously, it smells like live wood. Like a park in summertime."

I must admit I've never partaken of a tree-smelling cigar. Rather intriguing.....:cigarsmoking: ;)

El Jefe
06-25-2013, 01:16 PM

"It smells like a tree. Seriously, it smells like live wood. Like a park in summertime."

I must admit I've never partaken of a tree-smelling cigar. Rather intriguing.....:cigarsmoking: ;)

You didn't get any Sosa's? I thought I'd given those out in about every bomb.

Dr. Gonzo GED
06-25-2013, 01:27 PM

I swear, that's the best description my GF and I could come up with. "Pastoral" might be another good one. Did mention I was sharing this stuff with my lady? Yeah man, she's a class act. Likes muscle cars and cheap cigars. My kind of woman!

Dr. Gonzo GED
06-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Nice! ;)

I've enjoyed the Sosa's a few times with coffee after breakfast. Worked pretty danged well.

Coffee sounds like an excellent compliment too. I've still got about half of this thing left so I'll have to try that!

Thanks again, man!

El Jefe
06-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Coffee sounds like an excellent compliment too. I've still got about half of this thing left so I'll have to try that!

Thanks again, man!

Not a problem. :)

mrkalashnikov
06-26-2013, 09:08 AM
You didn't get any Sosa's? I thought I'd given those out in about every bomb.

Nope. How dare you overlook that! ;)

Btw J-Man, I smoked your very fine Alec Bradley Reserve last evening. Another damn fine cigar with a lot of complex overtones to it. Thanks again for the mega-bomb! :cigarsmoking: :cigarsmoking:

El Jefe
06-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Nope. How dare you overlook that! ;)

Btw J-Man, I smoked your very fine Alec Bradley Reserve last evening. Another damn fine cigar with a lot of complex overtones to it. Thanks again for the mega-bomb! :cigarsmoking: :cigarsmoking:

Where's our review????????

Oh the humanity! ;)