PDA

View Full Version : Dear Darwin. Shoot or don't shoot?

Helen Keller
06-27-2013, 02:23 PM
http://wearecentralpa.com/fulltext?nxd_id=474602

ALTOONA, BLAIR COUNTY - Blair County District Attorney Rich Consiglio released his findings into an officer-involved shooting.

It happened April 8 on the 300 block of the 4th Avenue alley at 4:30 am.

Consiglio determined the man who was shot, whose name has not been released, appeared to have a black weapon in his hands. Consiglio said he raised his hands in a manner that appeared to point the object at the officer. The Altoona Police officer fired, striking the man in the shoulder.

Consiglio said it was later discovered the object in the man's hands was his black underwear and he was naked from the waist down except for his shoes.

Consiglio said the officer rendered aid to the man.

Consiglio said no charges will be filed against the officer, nor will any be filed against the man. Consiglio called the injury regrettable, but due to the civilian's own conduct.

davepool
06-27-2013, 02:40 PM
And the moral of the story, if you get caught whacking your pud in a dark alley, don't point your undies at a cop in a threatening manner :)

Kadmos
06-27-2013, 02:55 PM
And the moral of the story, if you get caught whacking your pud in a dark alley, don't point your undies at a cop in a threatening manner :)

I think "keep your underwear on in public" is a simpler lesson. Had he been wearing them, where he was pointing them wouldn't have been an issue.

5.56NATO
06-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Something must be done about deadly black assault draws.

raxar
06-27-2013, 06:31 PM
I think "keep your underwear on in public" is a simpler lesson.

I'm only human

Krupski
06-28-2013, 08:12 AM
http://wearecentralpa.com/fulltext?nxd_id=474602

ALTOONA, BLAIR COUNTY - Blair County District Attorney Rich Consiglio released his findings into an officer-involved shooting.

It happened April 8 on the 300 block of the 4th Avenue alley at 4:30 am.

Consiglio determined the man who was shot, whose name has not been released, appeared to have a black weapon in his hands. Consiglio said he raised his hands in a manner that appeared to point the object at the officer. The Altoona Police officer fired, striking the man in the shoulder.

Consiglio said it was later discovered the object in the man's hands was his black underwear and he was naked from the waist down except for his shoes.

Consiglio said the officer rendered aid to the man.

Consiglio said no charges will be filed against the officer, nor will any be filed against the man. Consiglio called the injury regrettable, but due to the civilian's own conduct.

This time I side with the cop. Someone is holding an object and appears to point it, the assumption that it may be a gun is appropriate and therefore self defense is justified.

Kadmos
06-28-2013, 12:18 PM
I'm only human

:lool:

shorthair
06-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Don't cops use a flash light when they draw down on a subject in the dark?

5.56NATO
06-28-2013, 01:26 PM
This time I side with the cop. Someone is holding an object and appears to point it, the assumption that it may be a gun is appropriate and therefore self defense is justified.

This is what got a man killed in NYC (I think it was NYC) where he was an immigrant from Africa and ended up being chased by plain clothes guys who were looking for a rapist, he took out his cellphone and they say he "aimed" it at them and so they hit him like 33 times.

FunkyPertwee
06-28-2013, 02:42 PM

Should private citizens with conceal carry permits use that same rule when deciding to engage?

Gunner1558
06-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Something must be done about deadly black assault draws.

One shudders to ponder the number of "Charges" the magazine might contain.