PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Slap

zeke/pa
09-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Hi guys,
I shot my Sar 1 100 times the other day and it seems like the trigger slap has disappeared.
Is this possible?
I did not do anything workwise to the trigger group.

imanaknut
09-16-2010, 03:45 PM
As I remember them, the SAR series was a strange one. Some never had trigger slap, some had it from the beginning and had to be fixed, some had it for a few shots then as the fire control group wore in, the slap went away.

It is very possible that your fire control group was right on the ragged edge and that just the normal wearing in of the parts was all that was needed to put the parts into the right tolerances so that you don't have the slap.

Oh, and then there were some that had a nice trigger at the start, then as they wore in the slap developed.

old Grump
09-16-2010, 03:55 PM
This explains it better than I was going to.

http://gunguyoh.tripod.com/triggerslap.htm

In your case your problem probably wasn't to bad and like imanaknut said it just wore in, you probably are still on the fine edge and you might want to take it down for a look see. If you do anything make sure you use a light hand, to little is better than to much.

zeke/pa
09-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.
I am positive that the trigger slap is nowhere near what it once was.

videodon
09-18-2010, 01:38 PM
My Yugo M70 had some slap and
it went away after 200 rounds or so.
:)

ATAK, Inc.
09-18-2010, 02:27 PM
My SAR-1 (bought in August, 2001) initially had slap, but me being new to AK's having only breifly owned a MAK-90 before that, thought it was normal. By the time I found this site the following year, and found out what "trigger slap" was, I went out and carefully shot to see if it was there, and it was not. So, I guess mine was a matter of needing some break-in. To this day it still shoots great!