PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a H&R Model 686 Schematic?

El Laton Caliente
07-13-2013, 11:08 AM
I bought one from Numrich, but they haven't emailed it yet. The schematic Numrich has does not show the part I need to repair the revolver.

There is a broken small oval shaped part with two pin holes at the rear of the trigger that connects the trigger to firing pin striker and lever spring assembly. I need it, one of the two pins and a sear spring... Numrich has the correct trigger and lever assembly/firing pin striker, but as pictured there would be no way to connect them without this part and pins.

Anyone know what the connecter part is called?
Anyone have a good source besides Numrich for H&R parts? (the pistol is no longer in production)

Gunreference1
07-13-2013, 12:24 PM
You might try contacting the people at the website below.

http://www.gun-parts.com/harringtonrichardson/

Hope this helps!

Steve

Infidelski
07-13-2013, 12:27 PM
do you have the broken bits that you can layout on a similar thickness piece of ground/flat stock? Most pins from revolvers can be made from ground stock or drill rod. Its plenty of hand fitting, filing and grinding but doable.

El Laton Caliente
07-13-2013, 01:05 PM
The small oval connecter part with the holes drilled on both ends is +/- 1/16th x 1/8th x 3/8th and has the end broken off leaving a "half hole". The piece broken off and the pin that was in it are gone. This allowed the firing pin striker and lever spring assembly to come loose. The sear spring is also bent.

The revolver belongs to my neighbor. His grandkids use it to shoot snakes while frog gigging mainly...

I could make the parts except the spring and Numrich has it. I'd guess Wolf should also. It would be easier with a mini-mill...