PDA

View Full Version : McCain backs Obama's call for 'stand your ground' review

5.56NATO
07-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Sen. John McCain is backing President Barack Obama's call for the so-called "stand your ground" laws in Florida and other states to be reexamined in the wake of the George Zimmerman case.

"The 'stand your ground' law may be something that may needs to be reviewed by the Florida legislature or any other legislature that has passed such legislation," McCain said on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday, two days after President Obama discussed Zimmerman's acquittal in the killing of Trayvon Martin.

http://news.yahoo.com/mccain-backs-obama-s-call-for--stand-your-ground--review-153105503.html

Altarboy
07-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Well, I don't have a problem with them reviewing it-as long as they don't change it. McCain, ugh.

LAGC
07-21-2013, 02:06 PM
I knew this would happen.

Everyone was worried about what ramifications there would be if Zimmy was found guilty.

Instead, look at the ramifications of him getting off scot-free?

stinker
07-21-2013, 02:24 PM

Everyone was worried about what ramifications there would be if Zimmy was found guilty.

The outcome was completely irrelevant.
This is the goal of politicizing it either way the ruling went.
Guilty or not guilty and their "reactions" would be exactly the same.

If the gun grabbers can't take our guns, which their attempts overall are not going well for them, then switch to plan B and go after the right to use them.

raxar
07-21-2013, 02:49 PM

here's the deal, zero and the media realize that nothing can be done about zimmerman, so they shift the focus to stand your ground laws rather then risk having to admit that they lost, or the idiot dem voters realizing that their hero's are helpless.

When it's plain as day that you lost, simply change the definition of success so you can remain "undefeated"

imanaknut
07-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Once again truth be damned as "stand your ground" was not anywhere near even a small part of the defense.

And I wish McCain would find a nice rock and crawl under it for the rest of his senatorial term.

TEN-32
07-21-2013, 03:16 PM
He is entitled to his opinion. It is not the place of a US Senator to tell state lawmakers what state laws to enact or repeal. Fuck him.

jet3534
07-21-2013, 03:26 PM
McStain is a commie. No two ways about it. He was a hero once. Now, just a senile POS.

nfa1934
07-21-2013, 03:31 PM
He is doing his part to keep the Zimmerman verdict at the top of the news cycle. Time spent focused on this is time not spent focusing on the IRS, Benghazi, the DOJ spying on news organizations, and the NSA spying on everyone else. It's a great distraction for the Progressive/RINO coalition.

nfa1934
07-21-2013, 03:36 PM
McStain is a commie. No two ways about it. He was a hero once. Now, just a senile POS.

He was never a hero. He was a privileged son of an Admiral who was a big enough fuck-up to set a carrier on fire and get himself shot down.

El Jefe
07-21-2013, 03:46 PM

And your point?

He was innocent, it was a righteous shoot! Get over you douche.

El Jefe
07-21-2013, 03:47 PM
He is doing his part to keep the Zimmerman verdict at the top of the news cycle. Time spent focused on this is time not spent focusing on the IRS, Benghazi, the DOJ spying on news organizations, and the NSA spying on everyone else. It's a great distraction for the Progressive/RINO coalition.

Sadly, thats all true.

1 Patriot-of-many
07-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Is Kadmos McCain?

El Jefe
07-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Is Kadmos McCain?

I dunno for sure, but Kad claims to have voted for the guy. Then spent the next 5 years defending Obama's every move.

LAQC, is GunsNet's version of Barney Frank.

LAGC
07-21-2013, 06:03 PM

Only I don't chair any committees. :)

Kadmos
07-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Is Kadmos McCain?

:lool:

Oh hell no!

It's Florida law, McCain can suggest reviewing whatever he wants, but it's not like the law is unconstitutional or anything, or the Federal government has any business working towards changing it.

It would be nice if these folks could actually stay on topic better than me and Gonzo though....Zimmerman had nothing to do with stand your ground.

If they want to have the conversation that's fine, lets just not confuse it with an event it has no relation to.

davepool
07-21-2013, 06:19 PM
He was never a hero. He was a privileged son of an Admiral who was a big enough fuck-up to set a carrier on fire and get himself shot down.

yep

1 Patriot-of-many
07-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Sadly I have to disagree, Anyone who voluntarily serves is a semi hero in my book, BUT that doesn't change the fact he's a total POS. There are murderers, thieves, traitors and riff raff who serve, I consider McCains actions after he served enough to say he's a traitor to the oath he took.

NAPOTS
07-21-2013, 08:44 PM
His service in Vietnam doesn't give him a free pass to be a douchebag for the rest of his life

Justin
07-22-2013, 01:11 AM
McCain is just another traitor in Washington D.C.

rshaneck2002
07-22-2013, 05:43 AM
McCain has been acting real weird lately, even for him. Its like he fell in love with the guy who kicked his ass. This being said he REALLY needs to put a D behind his name. I think he is planning on retirement SOON. John McCain (rino) DEM.,

Schuetzenman
07-22-2013, 05:44 AM
Once again truth be damned as "stand your ground" was not anywhere near even a small part of the defense.

And I wish McCain would find a nice rock and crawl under it for the rest of his senatorial term.

Personally I wish the old RINO would finally succumb to his skin cancers and get the fuck off the planet.

AKM
07-22-2013, 05:52 AM
Personally I wish the old RINO would finally succumb to his skin cancers and get the fuck off the planet.

You know what, I really hate to say that about a guy with the service record that McShitstain has, but I agree with you. This asshole has done more harm than good and he never fails to disappoint!

rshaneck2002
07-22-2013, 05:53 AM
I think people in AZ have just about had it with him., he will soon run to NY for Hillarys old seat., if not retire outright and hit the media circuit.

Krupski
07-22-2013, 06:28 AM
The outcome was completely irrelevant.
This is the goal of politicizing it either way the ruling went.
Guilty or not guilty and their "reactions" would be exactly the same.

If the gun grabbers can't take our guns, which their attempts overall are not going well for them, then switch to plan B and go after the right to use them.

Humans, like any other animal, have the moral and natural right to self defense. That means we can use deadly force when there is no other choice.

The idea of "stand your ground" really is wrong. A person who has the opportunity to safely "retreat" should do so, rather than shooting.

Any federal, state or local law really is irrelevant. Deadly force should only be used as THE last resort. To shoot someone over a TV set (or copper pipes) just because a law says so is immoral.

Now, I'm not saying Zimmerman was wrong. He was in immediate, grave danger and had the MORAL and NATURAL right to self defense, regardless of what "Florida law" says.

stinker
07-22-2013, 11:55 AM

Only I don't chair any committees. :)

I'll take that as an admission that you do however like to wear girls underwear and take it up the ass from your boyfriend so deep that it punctures your spleen, since you didn't bother to deny that alongside the denial of holding committee seats. That is what Barney is best known for after all right?

Word association, aint it a bitch?

Kadmos
07-22-2013, 12:07 PM
I'll take that as an admission that you do however like to wear girls underwear and take it up the ass from your boyfriend so deep that it punctures your spleen, since you didn't bother to deny that alongside the denial of holding committee seats. That is what Barney is best known for after all right?

Wow, kinda "rough trade" there Stinker!

LAGC
07-22-2013, 12:31 PM

:laughingtohard:

Punk
07-22-2013, 06:23 PM
McCain is a POS scumbag.

Some reporter asked him a question the other day about the immigration bill the Senate just passed, they asked him how many times an immigrant could forge a US passport and still get to be in the amnesty program. He answered that he didn't know so he would have to ask his people.

Seriously, wtf does this guy do? How can he not know what is in the bill he is allegedly working on?

The answer is two btw, that's right, according to this new Senate bill an illegal can get caught forging US passports twice and still not be penalized for it. Three times though is once to many apparently.

5.56NATO
07-22-2013, 06:49 PM
How can he not know what is in the bill he is allegedly working on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU

davepool
07-22-2013, 07:39 PM
McCain is a POS scumbag.

Some reporter asked him a question the other day about the immigration bill the Senate just passed, they asked him how many times an immigrant could forge a US passport and still get to be in the amnesty program. He answered that he didn't know so he would have to ask his people.

Seriously, wtf does this guy do? How can he not know what is in the bill he is allegedly working on?

The answer is two btw, that's right, according to this new Senate bill an illegal can get caught forging US passports twice and still not be penalized for it. Three times though is once to many apparently.

I'm actually starting to pity the old guy, he's so clueless, i don't think he even knows who's pulling his strings. He just wants to retire undefeated and have a street named after him, and live out the rest of his days comparing himself to Barry Goldwater. I picture him sitting in a rocker,mumbling to himself while listening to springsteens "Glory Days"

On a different note:

MASSIVE PROTEST BREAKS OUT IN PHOENIX, CALLING FOR REPEAL OF STAND YOUR GROUND [COLOR

http://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2013/07/22/justice-for-trayvon-martin-protestors-march-in-phoenix-arizona/

Our own Al Sharptongue wannabe, Jarret Maupin leads protesters hopeful of a federal lynching of zimmerman.

Damn, Phoenix is just a hotbed of community organizing activists.

Dr. Gonzo GED
07-22-2013, 08:04 PM
MASSIVE PROTEST BREAKS OUT IN PHOENIX, CALLING FOR REPEAL OF STAND YOUR GROUND [COLOR

http://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2013/07/22/justice-for-trayvon-martin-protestors-march-in-phoenix-arizona/

Our own Al Sharptongue wannabe, Jarret Maupin leads protesters hopeful of a federal lynching of zimmerman.

Damn, Phoenix is just a hotbed of community organizing activists.

From the article:

Dozens of people participated in a protest march in Phoenix on Monday...

...Approximately 75 people marched in downtown Phoenix...

Dozens.

DOZENS?!!?!!?

OH SHIZZLE!!!!!
:lool: :lool: :lool: :lool:

davepool
07-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Yep, anytime you can get 75 people out of a population of 3 million+ to show up for your cause, you be rollin'

mrkalashnikov
07-23-2013, 03:13 PM

Many of his fellow Vn vets don't think too highly of Johnny apparently. Here's a recent quote I've taken the liberty of posting from a site which has a number of Vn vets on it. Some here will probably recognize the author's distinct writing style ;) :

"McBITCH sucked NVA cock every day he was in Vietnam..in return he got whores to fuck, lay outside by the pool and worked on his tan, got cheeseburgers for lunch...and all he had to do was spill his guts to EVERYTHING he knew, as a Naval Flight Officer...and....make 31 anti-war propaganda movies for the communists....well that and snitch all the other POWs out to the guards. When he was released from the country club...he was the only POW that did NOT need any medical attention, because he was tanned, fit and had gained weight.

THIS...is the piece of shit....that we were asked by the dead elephants, to hold our noses and vote for. WHICH...I REFUSED TO DO."

Dr. Gonzo GED
07-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Is that Bubagun?

blacksheep
07-23-2013, 03:51 PM
It was self defense not a stand your ground case, so tired of these liberal dipshidiots.

Kadmos
07-23-2013, 03:56 PM
Many of his fellow Vn vets don't think too highly of Johnny apparently. Here's a recent quote I've taken the liberty of posting from a site which has a number of Vn vets on it. Some here will probably recognize the author's distinct writing style ;) :

"McBITCH sucked NVA cock every day he was in Vietnam..in return he got whores to fuck, lay outside by the pool and worked on his tan, got cheeseburgers for lunch...and all he had to do was spill his guts to EVERYTHING he knew, as a Naval Flight Officer...and....make 31 anti-war propaganda movies for the communists....well that and snitch all the other POWs out to the guards. When he was released from the country club...he was the only POW that did NOT need any medical attention, because he was tanned, fit and had gained weight.

THIS...is the piece of shit....that we were asked by the dead elephants, to hold our noses and vote for. WHICH...I REFUSED TO DO."

I'm guessing the guy writing that got captured after 1969 when treatment improved.

It's pretty well documented McCain spent a year in physical therapy before he got his flight status back.

A story from another guy who may have a more balanced opinion of McCain (still harsh, but seems to give credit where it is due)

http://www.alternet.org/story/95825/i_spent_years_as_a_pow_with_john_mccain,_and_his_f inger_should_not_be_near_the_red_button

Punk
07-23-2013, 07:00 PM
McCain's military record is really immaterial to me. He may have been a hero, or a traitor, or somewhere in between. Doesn't matter in the least, because as a US Senator and a presidential candidate, he was, and is, a scumbag and an enemy of the Constitution.

jet3534
07-23-2013, 07:20 PM
I remember McStain being asked in a debate how many houses he owned and he was unable to answer the question.

mrkalashnikov
07-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Is that Bubagun?

What makes you think that? ;) ;)

Dr. Gonzo GED
07-24-2013, 01:36 PM
What makes you think that? ;) ;)

It's written with a certain kind of "flair". ;)