PDA

View Full Version : Report: PM Demanded US Free Pollard, as Israel Let Terrorists Go

5.56NATO
07-23-2013, 03:53 PM
Among the “gestures” the United States suggested Israel undertake to resume talks with the Palestinian Authority was the release of terrorists from Israeli prisons. It would not have have been the first time Israel agreed to such a “gesture” at Washington's request – but this time, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu sought to make it a three way deal.

Israel would be prepared to release terrorists in order to jumpstart the talks, Netanyahu told the Americans. But Israel wanted something in return: The release of Jonathan Pollard from an American prison.

Needless to say, the Americans turned the deal down.

The three way deal was reported on Channel Two Monday night, and was made in recent days during the shuttle diplomacy U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and his staff was engaged in. Kerry conveyed the request to Washington, where officials rejected it, Channel Two said.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/170170#.Ue4BHo3ryHs

As I recall, Pollard gave the US nuclear battle plan to Israel, who sold it to Russia.

Kadmos
07-23-2013, 04:14 PM
As I recall, Pollard gave the US nuclear battle plan to Israel, who sold it to Russia.

I've heard that one, but there have been lots of whacked out stuff said concerning him.

What is known is that he sent alot of info to Israel, and a good part of that info was supposed to be turned over to Israel in the first place, due to an agreement we had with them, but wasn't.

Which is why the Israelis want him back, he exposed the fact the we weren't keeping up our end of the agreement and sending satellite photos of the various movements in the area that we said we would.

Pollard is actually slated for release in 2015, even though it was a "life" sentence, his good behavior under the law of the time he was sentenced should get him the early release of 30 years time served.

Seems a bit embarrassing that the US pushes Israel to do this trade for terrorists who will almost assuredly try to attack Israel again, but won't discuss the idea of releasing a man 2 years early who will obviously never be a threat to anyone.

El Jefe
07-23-2013, 07:52 PM
It is beyond absurd to think the Israelies would sell nuclear secrets to the Russians. You can't both contemplate that and say you know a damned thing about ME history post WWII.