PDA

View Full Version : VEPR Mags fit Galil?

Sniperfox
07-26-2013, 10:28 PM
Does anyone know if the .308 VEPR mags will fit an Israeli Galil AR? Finding mags for it is a real task.

Gunsmoke
07-27-2013, 07:41 AM
Good question and theirs only one way to find out.....typically the Israeli design is a slight upward positive angle feed from the ramp that the Siaga will not have inherent in it design.

Sniperfox
07-27-2013, 09:55 AM
Hopefully, someone on here can make the comparison. Personally, I've never even seen a VEPR up close so I have no idea about their mags.

FunkyPertwee
07-27-2013, 11:17 AM
I don't have a VEPR, but my experience with AKs in general lead me to believe that they probably aren't compatible, but probably could be made compatible with a little dremel work.

FunkyPertwee
07-27-2013, 11:23 AM
This guy tells how to convert the mag well of the VEPR to accept galil mags. Personally I would remove material from the mags instead and keep the rifle as it came.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=4&f=80&t=60234

Sniperfox
07-27-2013, 11:24 AM
This guy tells how to convert the mag well of the VEPR to accept galil mags. Personally I would remove material from the mags instead and keep the rifle as it came.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=4&f=80&t=60234
Good info to know.

El Laton Caliente
07-27-2013, 11:36 AM
I tried the other direction. I had some aftermarket Galil mags I tried in my VEPR before anyone was making mags for the VEPRs... There are differences in feed angle and mag width. I never got them to feed right by hand and rather than ruin Galil mags I stopped short of modifying them beyond repair.

Sniperfox
07-27-2013, 12:12 PM
I tried the other direction. I had some aftermarket Galil mags I tried in my VEPR before anyone was making mags for the VEPRs... There are differences in feed angle and mag width. I never got them to feed right by hand and rather than ruin Galil mags I stopped short of modifying them beyond repair.

If you hear of any Galil mags for sale anywhere, shoot me a PM.

El Laton Caliente
07-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Will do. I picked up a lot of 8 25 rounders fairly reasonable about two years ago. Do searches on gunbroker.com and armslist.com... IIRC, I got those on gun broker; I just got lucky... they started low and nobody bid on them...