PDA

View Full Version : New sight,crappy pics.

AKTexas
09-17-2010, 06:50 PM
http://three-dog.homelinux.com/cpg15x/albums/userpics/10018/normal_AR_with_EoTech.JPG

EoTech 552 NV compatible traded my Yugo 59/66.Going to sight in this weekend I hope.

Bluedog
09-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Cool/ I have an Eotech, and I'm sure you have already figured out that the rear BUIS does not detract from the use of the HWS at all.

aliceinchains
09-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Crappy pics are better than crappy sight. Nice gun!

Krupski
09-17-2010, 07:46 PM
EoTech 552 NV compatible traded my Yugo 59/66.Going to sight in this weekend I hope.

That's a nice sight... but I can't use those. The laser causes speckle in my eyes. I need a sight with an LED (not laser) illuminator (that's why I have an Aimpoint).

On the plus side, the view window on your EOTech is a hologram. This means that the image data is stored all over the glass. Even if the glass is broken with pieces missing, you will still see a full reticle. If a lot of glass is damaged, the resolution may not be as sharp, but you will still see all of the reticle.

The EOTech is a superior design... it's too bad that I can't stand the laser speckle.

AKTexas
09-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Cool/ I have an Eotech, and I'm sure you have already figured out that the rear BUIS does not detract from the use of the HWS at all.

I zeroed the sight to the BUIS and so far I like this sight.

AKTexas
09-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Crappy pics are better than crappy sight. Nice gun!

Thank you sir.Great shooter.Kids love shooting this one as well.

That's a nice sight... but I can't use those. The laser causes speckle in my eyes. I need a sight with an LED (not laser) illuminator (that's why I have an Aimpoint).

On the plus side, the view window on your EOTech is a hologram. This means that the image data is stored all over the glass. Even if the glass is broken with pieces missing, you will still see a full reticle. If a lot of glass is damaged, the resolution may not be as sharp, but you will still see all of the reticle.

The EOTech is a superior design... it's too bad that I can't stand the laser speckle.

I like the EoTech over the Aimpoint because I can keep both eyes open while shooting.

Bluedog
09-17-2010, 11:08 PM

I like the EoTech over the Aimpoint because I can keep both eyes open while shooting.

I have no trouble shooting an Aimpoint with both eyes open, and I love the battery life. But, I prefer the Eotech because you never have to hunt for the reticule, the reticule can be used for range estimation, and the 1 MOA center dot allows for very precise shooting.

Schuetzenman
09-17-2010, 11:14 PM

Yes exactly.

Partisan1983
09-18-2010, 09:29 AM

I always keep both eyes open when using any optic or even iron sights....unless I'm shooting targets at a distance. But that would then make an Aimpoint or an EOTech a moot point anyway.

RJ Shooter
09-18-2010, 12:27 PM
All red-dots are intended to be used in a "binocular" fashion when at 1X. That being said, I soooo prefer my EOTech over both my regular Aimpoint and Micro Aimpoints. But I prefer the Aimpoint Magnifier over the EOTech. :p

The size and window height of the EOTech, even the new XPS line, usually results in it being used primarily on Assault Rifles. The Aimpoint series allows you to mount the window right at the rail, so on weapons like my CX4, AKs, SubGuns, etc., the Aimpoint works better.

Rifle looks great, by the way! :)

RJ Shooter
09-18-2010, 12:30 PM
I always keep both eyes open when using any optic or even iron sights....unless I'm shooting targets at a distance. But that would then make an Aimpoint or an EOTech a moot point anyway.There was a soldier or Marine at the beginning of the War On Terror that was using an M14 with an EOTech to snipe. He had quite a few confirms with the 1X optic. This was well before the 3x Magnifiers came out!!!

You have to remember, the EOTech has a 1MOA center dot. That is roughly half the size of a standard battle rifle's front sight post. So, theoretically, an EOTech will be much more accurate than iron sights at ANY range... ;)

Partisan1983
09-19-2010, 07:30 AM
There was a soldier or Marine at the beginning of the War On Terror that was using an M14 with an EOTech to snipe. He had quite a few confirms with the 1X optic. This was well before the 3x Magnifiers came out!!!

You have to remember, the EOTech has a 1MOA center dot. That is roughly half the size of a standard battle rifle's front sight post. So, theoretically, an EOTech will be much more accurate than iron sights at ANY range... ;)

Theoretically of course.....but not with my eyes.

I have only shot a rifle/carbine (whatever) with one specific model from EOTech and the same with an Aimpoint.

But beyond 150 yards (give or take) they both obscured too much of the target. (I was shooting at bullseye's, not silhouettes)

Now I know both companies make all kinds of different models, and some of 'em intrigue me very much, when I finally get around to it (and have the money) I'll be askin all kinds of questions...first and foremost though, one of my FAL's is in desperate need of an ACOG ;)

AKTexas
09-19-2010, 07:55 AM
I always keep both eyes open when using any optic or even iron sights....unless I'm shooting targets at a distance. But that would then make an Aimpoint or an EOTech a moot point anyway.

This something I have been training myself to do.It is getting easier and easier as I practice.

All red-dots are intended to be used in a "binocular" fashion when at 1X. That being said, I soooo prefer my EOTech over both my regular Aimpoint and Micro Aimpoints. But I prefer the Aimpoint Magnifier over the EOTech. :p

The size and window height of the EOTech, even the new XPS line, usually results in it being used primarily on Assault Rifles. The Aimpoint series allows you to mount the window right at the rail, so on weapons like my CX4, AKs, SubGuns, etc., the Aimpoint works better.

Rifle looks great, by the way! :)

I have been shooting irons so for long this sight is spoiling me.Thanks for the compliments.

My first AR I bought it 4 years ago.S&W M&P15 M4,YHM free float rail,YHM folding frontsight,YHM rear sight.

I almost want a mid-length free float rail,low profile gas block and then use the front folding sight for the lug.But just thinking out loud,nothing decided.

Bluedog
09-20-2010, 07:55 AM
But beyond 150 yards (give or take) they both obscured too much of the target. (I was shooting at bullseye's, not silhouettes) The Eotech has a 1MOA dot and should be far more precise than iron sights at longer ranges. Next time, try turning the power down for longer range shots. The dot gets smaller and clearer at low settings. You can use a magnifier too.

first and foremost though, one of my FAL's is in desperate need of an ACOG ;)

I'd love to put a mini ACOG on one of my 308s in order to keep the weight in a manageable range. The sad truth is, the ACOGs with 308 BDC reticules are rare and command top dollar.

Partisan1983
09-26-2010, 03:13 AM
The Eotech has a 1MOA dot and should be far more precise than iron sights at longer ranges. Next time, try turning the power down for longer range shots. The dot gets smaller and clearer at low settings. You can use a magnifier too.

I'd love to put a mini ACOG on one of my 308s in order to keep the weight in a manageable range. The sad truth is, the ACOGs with 308 BDC reticules are rare and command top dollar.

My favorite toy store is a licensed Trijicon dealer...as long as I put 10% down, I have unlimited time to pay it off (on layaway).

Must be the comp shooting from my past, but I find certain iron sights more accurate....again specific ones, others just plain suck ass.

Again though, I've only ever shot at bullseyes......I understand (haven't experienced it yet) that shooting with a EO or AIMPT would be a lot quicker with silhouettes.

I wish ammo prices weren't at pure Columbian candycaine prices, now that I can walk out my basement door and squeeze off a few (once I get a berm built) I really want to put all kinds of shit through it's paceses