PDA

View Full Version : Alec Bradley American Toro

TEN-32
08-03-2013, 01:34 PM
This is one of the box pass jewels. A 6x50 toro wrapped in Ct. shade and flawlessly constructed. I rolled with a punch cut. easy light and great draw. TONS of creamy smoke. Mild. No spice, but cocoa and coffee which is a bit unexpected in this stick. I'm halfway through at this writing and enjoying a nice fresh squeezed Sauza silver margarita inspired by the whisky thread. I'm pleased with this refreshing pairing on this summer day. I lost the ash at the 1" mark and had to re-light. Probably due to my neglect. I definitely like this cigar. I was hoping for a vitamin N/strength crescendo in the second half, but it is not going to happen. Still very pleasant and relaxing. Cheers.
http://imageshack.us/a/img24/7830/22ga.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img845/4306/zkg9.jpg

TEN-32
08-03-2013, 02:24 PM
It woke up a little in the bottom of the ninth. :thumbsup:
http://imageshack.us/a/img708/9245/ctkr.jpg

El Jefe
08-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Nice! That's certainly an interesting pairing, I don't think I've ever paired something sour with a stogie.

The coffee & chocolate flavors sound good. If they are abundant enough you've got an enjoyable smoke. Those two flavors and baking spices are my favorite tastes derived from cigars.

Sounds like you are well on your way to a good weekend, enjoy. :)

silentkilla
08-03-2013, 02:39 PM
damnit! now i want a margarita!

TEN-32
08-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Nice! That's certainly an interesting pairing, I don't think I've ever paired something sour with a stogie.

The coffee & chocolate flavors sound good. If they are abundant enough you've got an enjoyable smoke. Those two flavors and baking spices are my favorite tastes derived from cigars.

Sounds like you are well on your way to a good weekend, enjoy. :)
Think "light and refreshing". If it were 12 degrees out this wouldn't work.

El Jefe
08-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Think "light and refreshing". If it were 12 degrees out this wouldn't work.

If it were 12 degrees out, I'd be inside! ;)

I don't see any ice, do you shake that over ice and then pour?

TEN-32
08-03-2013, 03:13 PM
I don't see any ice, do you shake that over ice and then pour?

YESSIR!:thumbsup::martinismiley:

El Jefe
08-03-2013, 03:18 PM
YESSIR!:thumbsup::martinismiley:

Gottcha, makes perfect sense that way, no more trouble than a martini really. ;)

I'm gonna try and post a review later, got a new rye to try, just got to decide what to smoke with it.

TEN-32
08-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Gottcha, makes perfect sense that way, no more trouble than a martini really. ;)

I'm gonna try and post a review later, got a new rye to try, just got to decide what to smoke with it.

Standing by. A good rye is in many cases preferable to bourbon.

silentkilla
08-03-2013, 03:41 PM
just going to drink some budlight. going to be good with this 16oz porterhouse!!!

mrkalashnikov
08-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Nice cigar!

Nice margarita!

Nice shrouded S&W wheelgun!

Getting ready to fire up the old Weber in a while meself....cheers & salutations gents! :thumbsup:

TEN-32
08-03-2013, 03:50 PM
just going to drink some budlight. going to be good with this 16oz porterhouse!!!

Now that is a classic pairing few would argue with. Beer and steak.

TEN-32
08-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Nice cigar!

Nice margarita!

Nice shrouded S&W wheelgun!

Getting ready to fire up the old Weber in a while meself....cheers & salutations gents! :thumbsup:

Matt-
Wife just got home. I have some Alaska sockeye fillets to grill along with some hasselback potatoes and zucchini quarters in balsamic vinegar. evoo and S&P. Happy grilling!

The Model 49 is a treasured piece. TONS of history. Remind me to tell you at our next luncheon. Its an every day carry.

silentkilla
08-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Matt-
Wife just got home. I have some Alaska sockeye fillets to grill along with some hasselback potatoes and zucchini quarters in balsamic vinegar. evoo and S&P. Happy grilling!

The Model 49 is a treasured piece. TONS of history. Remind me to tell you at our next luncheon. Its an every day carry.

don't have a 38 special anymore but do have about 4 boxes of +p corbons left from it. when i dig them out be happy to give um to you if you want just cover the shipping.

TEN-32
08-03-2013, 04:04 PM
don't have a 38 special anymore but do have about 4 boxes of +p corbons left from it. when i dig them out be happy to give um to you if you want just cover the shipping.

That is a super duper generous offer that I would absolutely take you up on. I'd happily trade some .22LR or 5.56 or 7.62x39 or 7.62x54 or 30.06. Thanks!

silentkilla
08-03-2013, 04:11 PM
That is a super duper generous offer that I would absolutely take you up on. I'd happily trade some .22LR or 5.56 or 7.62x39 or 7.62x54 or 30.06. Thanks!

give me a couple of days to dig them out of the safe and i'll hit you back when i find um. about the trade i'm good just cover the shipping. if i get to hurting for some ammo one day i might take you up on that offer though!:anim_beer-1:

TEN-32
08-03-2013, 04:16 PM
give me a couple of days to dig them out of the safe and i'll hit you back when i find um. about the trade i'm good just cover the shipping. if i get to hurting for some ammo one day i might take you up on that offer though!:anim_beer-1:

Kick ass. Lemme know. I can shoot you some stogies...:cigarsmoking:

silentkilla
08-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Kick ass. Lemme know. I can shoot you some stogies...:cigarsmoking:

now that is something i am interested in. let you know when i have them in my hand brother.

TEN-32
08-03-2013, 04:23 PM
now that is something i am interested in. let you know when i have them in my hand brother.

PM me. We'll work it out.

El Jefe
08-03-2013, 04:38 PM

Nice, hard to beat a good porterhouse. Definitely a mans steak. :)

El Jefe
08-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Standing by. A good rye is in many cases preferable to bourbon.

Right on, right on. ;)

silentkilla
08-03-2013, 04:40 PM
gotcha!

silentkilla
08-03-2013, 04:43 PM

fixing to put the charcoal on and cook this baby to medium rare perfection!

El Jefe
08-03-2013, 05:49 PM
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT???

??? :smiley_freak:

TEN-32
08-04-2013, 08:22 AM
??? :smiley_freak:

I believe there was a spammer post that has since been removed, leaving 'ol Silent with his willy in his hand.:lol2:

silentkilla
08-04-2013, 08:36 AM
I believe there was a spammer post that has since been removed, leaving 'ol Silent with his willy in his hand.:lol2:
took care of it!

CigarGuy
08-04-2013, 10:12 AM
There are not making them with tofu yet,are they?
Made the wifey a Manhatten last night. My evil thinking is to get her hooked on bourbon so I'll have less
'splainin' to do when I bring home new bottles weekly.....
Anyways, she liked it! WooHoo! Off and running.
I, too, seem to be leaning towards the ryes a bit. Been drinking a 4 year Willett and a 100 proof RittenhouseBIB
that will both make the "replace" list.

TEN-32
08-04-2013, 10:14 AM
There are not making them with tofu yet,are they?
Made the wifey a Manhatten last night. My evil thinking is to get her hooked on bourbon so I'll have less
'splainin' to do when I bring home new bottles weekly.....
I, too, seem to be leaning towards the ryes a bit. Been drinking a 4 year Willett and a 100 proof RittenhouseBIB
That Rittenhouse is a best buy. Great juice for sure. Thanks for the reminder...I need some.

El Jefe
08-04-2013, 12:06 PM
There are not making them with tofu yet,are they?-- You a commie or somethin?
'splainin' to do when I bring home new bottles weekly.....A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.
I, too, seem to be leaning towards the ryes a bit. Been drinking a 4 year Willett and a 100 proof RittenhouseBIB Rittenhouse is a great value!