PDA

View Full Version : It was a good day.

El Duce
08-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Got up at 6 am said, shoot. Late for work. Wife said, it's Saturday. You are off. But you are up. Want to get off?

Son wants to make some money, so I took him to my buddy's farm. Got home, had a call on my cell phone. New med student was looking for an apartment. Starts School Tuesday, needs a place today. Our apartment is 1/2 mile from campus. Door to door. Got 1st month, last month, and security deposit. Kid moves in tomorrow.

Pick up my son from the farm. Came back with a truck load of seasoned firewood. While we where there, Friend says, Stan (son) go grab the .22. He has his own range on the farm. The local recycler won't take glass anymore, so he keeps his bottles for range use. Went through several hundred rounds of .22. (his) Lots of his buddies like to take their bottles over there and shoot. When the pile gets too big, he dozes it under.

Farmer/Dr. Sold me a 20 gauge pump for 80 bucks. Mossburg? Stevens? Either way. It was a great day. Didn't get the yard mowed. But. What the heck.

Son is going back to the farm next Saturday for more work. (I get another load of wood). Stan said, Farm work sure is hard. My response. Son, do you want to be the guy working on the farm, or the guy that owns the farm? We all know the response. So, I stressed the fact that there is a reason why Mom and Dad make sure he gets good grades. Yep, a good day.

Altarboy
08-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Damn, that is a good day. I successfully fixed a mower, somewhat fixed a potty, and now I commenced to drinking beer. Not too shabby.

Schuetzenman
08-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Yep that does sound like a GOOD day. Congrats!

alismith
08-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Any day I'm above ground is a good day for me. ;)

Altarboy
08-03-2013, 07:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhYUma7U__c

NSFW

coppertales
08-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Met up with an old buddy I was in the air force with. We have not seen each other in 35 years. He sure got old looking....chris3

5.56NATO
08-04-2013, 02:15 PM
I climbed to the roof and painted some rusted vents, then went out to eat. Too stuffed to mow on the holiest day of mowing, sunday.