PDA

View Full Version : Grilled Salmon

TEN-32
08-03-2013, 05:41 PM
We have member(s) here who strap on waders and go on interstate quests for fish. Nothing wrong with that, but I prefer the mouse click version of stocking the freezer.
http://www.great-alaska-seafood.com/

Here is my grilled salmon, hasselback taters and balsamic vinegar zucchini quarters.
http://imageshack.us/a/img69/7760/ychf.jpg

Schuetzenman
08-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Making my mouth water! Enjoy! Just got done at the link ... holy shit that stuff is expensive!

silentkilla
08-03-2013, 05:56 PM
good lord i can smell it through the p.c.!!! my porter house is on the grill chillin and my wifes gone to bingo with the camera.

El Jefe
08-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Nice, even if I did get a backhanded mention there. ;)

Seriously tho, that looks great! So, when do I get invited over for dinner? :conf44:

El Laton Caliente
08-03-2013, 06:09 PM
A buddy came over to the RV last night and brought fresh redfish (red drum). I put the griddle on the gas grill, blackened it and we made fish tacos with remoulade sauce.

Rained hard here today so I made breakfast burritos for the week and red beans and rice with Andouille sausage for lunches this week...

sevlex
08-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Now this IS a coincidence. We're going to be grilling Copper River salmon tonight.

:anim_beer-1:

silentkilla
08-03-2013, 06:25 PM
A buddy came over to the RV last night and brought fresh redfish (red drum). I put the griddle on the gas grill, blackened it and we made fish tacos with remoulade sauce.

Rained hard here today so I made breakfast burritos for the week and red beans and rice with Andouille sausage for lunches this week...

man that sounds good !!! coming to your house be there in like 8 hours

imanaknut
08-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Amazing, getting ready to prepare salmon as I type this!!!

silentkilla
08-03-2013, 07:38 PM
the steak was freaking awsome. but i'm just about out of beer and that sucks

El Laton Caliente
08-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Here is my grilled salmon, hasselback taters and balsamic vinegar zucchini quarters.

Hasselback taters and balsamic vinegar zucchini quarters... gotta try those...

TEN-32
08-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Making my mouth water! Enjoy! Just got done at the link ... holy shit that stuff is expensive!

When they run a sale its not really too much more than supermarket fish. The quality is FAR superior.

stevelyn
08-04-2013, 01:35 AM
Pfffft.................. I just show up down at the harbor with a tote when my commercial fishing buds come in from an opener. Two of the guys I work with went subsistence fishing today and come back with 50 sockeye apiece.

I'm going in a day or two. A batch will go into the smokehouse for kippering and maybe some dried strips, the rest will be filleted, skinned and jarred in wide-mouth pint jars.

stevelyn
08-04-2013, 01:49 AM
Here's some of the ones i did last year. For kippering, they are brined 24hrs in a saltwater, brown sugar, molasses and teriaky recipe, then hung in the smokehouse for 3-5 days (depending on weather) with an applewood smoke. When jarring I'll put a slice of serrano or jalapeno in the bottom of some of the jars before sealing and putting in the canner.

TEN-32
08-04-2013, 06:36 AM
Here's some of the ones i did last year. For kippering, they are brined 24hrs in a saltwater, brown sugar, molasses and teriaky recipe, then hung in the smokehouse for 3-5 days (depending on weather) with an applewood smoke. When jarring I'll put a slice of serrano or jalapeno in the bottom of some of the jars before sealing and putting in the canner.

Looks awesome!

silentkilla
08-04-2013, 09:05 AM

i am ready to move up there and do what you all do! my wife and i have been talking about it for some time now.

CigarGuy
08-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Wonderful time of year when they are flying Salmon in from Alaska and it runs only $10 a pound.

TEN-32
08-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Wonderful time of year when they are flying Salmon in from Alaska and it runs only $10 a pound.

I have been looking for the gulf shrimp. Usually there are trucks with bags of em on ice. They pick em up at the dock, drive em up on ice and sell em off the truck. So good!

El Laton Caliente
08-04-2013, 11:22 AM
I have been looking for the gulf shrimp. Usually there are trucks with bags of em on ice. They pick em up at the dock, drive em up on ice and sell em off the truck. So good!

Crawfish season lasted late this year. Right now it is fishing; bass, red fish, flounder, sea trout, catfish, and offshore; tuna, wahoo, king mackerel, various snapper. Later in the year the big shrimp kick in followed by the oysters.

AKM
08-04-2013, 11:25 AM
When my wife or son order Salmon or Mahi or any other supposed great tastting fish at a restarauant or grill it at home, that is when I wish that I had a taste for fish. I love to catch them but I can't eat them.

mrkalashnikov
08-04-2013, 02:18 PM
We have member(s) here who strap on waders and go on interstate quests for fish. Nothing wrong with that, but I prefer the mouse click version of stocking the freezer.
http://www.great-alaska-seafood.com/

http://imageshack.us/a/img69/7760/ychf.jpg

Most excellent, that grub looks awesome! :thumbsup:

The missus went to see our local fish-monger this morning & brought home some salmon, rainbow trout, & cod fillets. The Weber is going to be working overtime the next week or so grillin'em up. :) Might have to have some tasty libation & perhaps even a cigar or two to go with....;)

TEN-32
08-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Most excellent, that grub looks awesome! :thumbsup:

The missus went to see our local fish-monger this morning & brought home some salmon, rainbow trout, & cod fillets. The Weber is going to be working overtime the next week or so grillin'em up. :) Might have to have some tasty libation & perhaps even a cigar or two to go with....;)

Pictures! Reviews! Damnit! :biggrina: