PDA

View Full Version : Can your "smart TV" watch you?

5.56NATO
08-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Closing the curtains in your living room may not close the doors on potential hackers. At a demonstration Friday in Las Vegas, researchers showed an audience of children at Defcon Kids how a Samsung Smart TV can be hacked.

So-called smart TVs have an operating system installed that is similar to a smartphone, which hosts third-party apps. People can browse the Internet, launch apps and take photos using their remote controls.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57596857/can-your-smart-tv-watch-you/

Just as you always suspected.

BISHOP
08-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Just like my laptop, place a piece of tape over the camera.

BISHOP

imanaknut
08-05-2013, 08:35 PM
The camera port on my computer is always covered.

A year or two ago one of the local schools passed out laptops to all the students. Unknown at the time was that the school had them all set up for school officials to watch the kids at home. The lawsuit was ugly, and it pointed out the need to cover the camera until you want to be seen.

Schuetzenman
08-06-2013, 05:41 AM
The camera port on my computer is always covered.

A year or two ago one of the local schools passed out laptops to all the students. Unknown at the time was that the school had them all set up for school officials to watch the kids at home. The lawsuit was ugly, and it pointed out the need to cover the camera until you want to be seen.

Wow really ... I wonder if any of them are Pedophiles?