PDA

View Full Version : Why does McAfee give this site

l921428x
07-17-2010, 03:54 AM
a security warning? I am ignoring it, but it could scare some away.
Informational purposes only.

Prometheus168
07-17-2010, 04:01 AM
Good to know.... I will inform the UberAdminGod

pitdog-1
07-17-2010, 09:12 AM

I get the same :oh:

romakdaddy
07-17-2010, 10:03 AM
cause mcafee sux...get avast...lol just funnin ya.

Dan Morris
07-17-2010, 10:07 AM
Yup, I got it too............just ignored it and went onward.
Dan

Gunreference1
07-17-2010, 10:13 AM
I use Symantec and haven't had any problems.

Steve

Guns Network Staff
07-17-2010, 10:39 AM
McAfee is a freaking ponsey scheme of getting money from site owners. There system is flawed due to them having this as a revenue scheme for them. I don't buy into there system.

I have sent them several emails over a year ago when this crap came out and I sent another one recently.

I have no answer other then our website is not problematic when it comes to what they accuse us of doing awhile back.

Dan Morris
07-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the info...'forced endorsement'............makes sense.....I just ignored it and went onward! Damn, that sounds like Chicago Politics.....LOL
Dan

raxar
07-17-2010, 12:47 PM

I think it's referring to the membership.....

renegadebuck
07-17-2010, 01:08 PM
I think it's referring to the membership.....

Security warning? Well, maser is here again....

matshock
07-17-2010, 01:15 PM
McAfee is a freaking ponsey scheme of getting money from site owners. There system is flawed due to them having this as a revenue scheme for them. I don't buy into there system.

I have sent them several emails over a year ago when this crap came out and I sent another one recently.

I have no answer other then our website is not problematic when it comes to what they accuse us of doing awhile back.

Yep, I'm switching away from them when my subsription runs out- I got malware from one of their "green" sites because the GD real time scanning turns itself off while it's updating and doesn't even tell you you're not being protected temporarily.

I had to go to a Vista restore point to clean it out too- McCaffe couldn't do it.

swampdragon
07-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Ever since I switched over to Microsoft Security Essentials, I've not had problems since.

McAfee and Symantec both used to mess with my computer badly for some reason.