PDA

View Full Version : ATF Forms Teams in 7 Cities to Stop Gun Smuggling

Gunreference1
09-18-2010, 02:29 AM
ATF Forms Teams in 7 Cities to Stop Gun Smuggling

Friday, September 17, 2010
By Jacques Billeaud, Associated Press

(AP) - A federal agency trying to stop guns from being smuggled from the United States into Mexico for use by drug cartels has formed teams in seven American cities to combat the problem.

The teams set up by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are a follow-up to earlier temporary groups of investigators who worked in Houston and Arizona and seized about 2,000 guns.

The permanent 10-member teams will be based in two cities in the border region - in Brownsville, Texas, and Sierra Vista, Ariz. - and away from the border where smugglers have set up trafficking routes and recruit gun buyers in Dallas, Las Vegas, Oklahoma City, Atlanta and Miami.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/75474

Steve

Partisan1983
09-18-2010, 09:22 AM
So now they are working for the Mexican Govt.

I wonder what kind of kickbacks they are receiving for letting all kinds of shit IN TO the US......

aliceinchains
09-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Oh, And what about the drug smuggling problem. Do they have 10 agents to curve that problem to LOL!

imanaknut
09-18-2010, 05:46 PM
I didn't realize we had that many fully automatic weapons, rocket launchers, and hand grenades in private hands that could be sold to the Mexican drug lords.

FunkyPertwee
09-18-2010, 08:13 PM
I didn't realize we had that many fully automatic weapons, rocket launchers, and hand grenades in private hands that could be sold to the Mexican drug lords.

I just saw on Fox News a few hours ago a shit ton of WASRs and Dracos, along with a lot of Wolf brand ammo. It didn't look good.

ubersoldate
09-18-2010, 09:09 PM
I just saw on Fox News a few hours ago a shit ton of WASRs and Dracos, along with a lot of Wolf brand ammo. It didn't look good.

Yea its all over the news here in phoenix...They are all stuff that is purchased here, and was supposedly on route directly to Mehhico...
It doesnt look good, guess almost all of them were from a few straw buyers in different stores.
ATFs wet dream to lock down our gun sales in AZ.

imanaknut
09-18-2010, 09:16 PM
That is sad when here we are trying to get our firearm rights back, and we have these dealers allegedly making bad sales.

ubersoldate
09-18-2010, 09:20 PM
That is sad when here we are trying to get our firearm rights back, and we have these dealers allegedly making bad sales.

Exactly.
In truth, busting these few jerks, and their straw buyers, throwing them in jail and some fines would make a statement, but nooooooo, the ATF see's an opening to strip more of our rights and they jump.

Gunreference1
09-21-2010, 08:57 AM
U.S. bid to stem flow of weapons to Mexico cartels misfires

Project Gunrunner suffers from poor communication, turf battles, report says

By Michael Isikoff
National investigative correspondent
NBC News
updated 9/21/2010 5:58:37 AM ET

WASHINGTON — A major Justice Department program aimed at intercepting the flow of U.S. weapons to Mexico’s drug cartels is misfiring due to bureaucratic turf battles and a failure to share critical intelligence about illegal firearms purchases, according to an internal department report.

The draft report by the Justice Department’s Office of Inspector General, obtained by NBC News, is a scathing indictment of Project Gunrunner, a law enforcement initiative run by the department’s Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39282887/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/