PDA

View Full Version : Wasr-10 Before and after!

AKxMANxCAM
08-17-2013, 04:04 PM
So got all of my new parts on today. Took a good 2 hours of filling and grinding the top hand guard, but got it on nice and snug. Next test is to take it out and put some rounds threw her.
Well here the pics, let me know what you guys think. This is my first gun I ever did work too and my first ak.:love4:

ltorlo64
08-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Did it start out with plastic or wood?

AKxMANxCAM
08-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Did it start out with plastic or wood?

Wood.

ltorlo64
08-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Looks good. I have to be honest though, I am a sucker for wood, and so is my wife. She is alright with my hunting guns but not excited with my AR. We were walking around a gun show one day and I had stopped at a table of AKs and SKSs. She says "you should get one of those". I looked around to see what she could be talking about and couldn't find it so I asked her which one. She pointed to an AK, the one displayed without the magazine, and says, "look at that wood, it is so beautiful". Once I told here about the magazine she was not nearly so impressed, but she did tell me she liked it better than my AR.

El Laton Caliente
08-17-2013, 05:00 PM
He had a badly fitted fore grip...

I like the new stock set. I usually prefer wood on my AKs but that is an improvement.

alismith
08-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Nice looking AK. However, I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to AK's and I prefer wood over plastic.

AKxMANxCAM
08-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Added a fore end vertical grip today. Looks sweet and feels great.

Russbirch
08-18-2013, 05:30 PM
I think the wood looked better. Opinions are just opinions though.

AKxMANxCAM
08-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Well I like it.

AKxMANxCAM
08-18-2013, 06:18 PM
If I had a Russian or Norinco I would leave it wood or upgrade the wood. But it's a lil wasr.

mrkalashnikov
08-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Looks good. I have to be honest though, I am a sucker for wood, and so is my wife.

Hey, it's okay these days to be "out" about one's sexual preferences.

Maybe the two of you can find a switch hitter for a little menage a trois. It's all good, nowadays. ;)

Aggressive Perfector
08-30-2013, 07:48 AM
^LMAO!!
I myself also prefer wood stocks, even on a WASR. But it doesn't look horrible. I don't like how your top rail extends past the hand guard itself, and I don't see why you didn't go all the way and put a collapsible stock on it, but if you like it and you're comfortable with it, more power to ya. Enjoy the shit out of it man.

silentkilla
08-30-2013, 08:06 AM
If I had a Russian or Norinco I would leave it wood or upgrade the wood. But it's a lil wasr.

what brand quadrail do you have on it?

rice paddy daddy
09-13-2013, 01:24 PM
I'm very old fashioned. I like my military firearms wood and steel. I do own one plastic stocked rifle though, a New England Firearms single shot 22 Hornet.
But you know what? Each of us is free to do with our own guns whatever we wish. If'n you want plastic tactical stuff, buy it!
My WASR 10 came with the laminated wood stocks, but I really don't like that vertical fore grip. Since it's an AK I was thinking about taking a hand saw to the lower handguard.

imanaknut
09-13-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm very old fashioned. I like my military firearms wood and steel. I do own one plastic stocked rifle though, a New England Firearms single shot 22 Hornet.
But you know what? Each of us is free to do with our own guns whatever we wish. If'n you want plastic tactical stuff, buy it!
My WASR 10 came with the laminated wood stocks, but I really don't like that vertical fore grip. Since it's an AK I was thinking about taking a hand saw to the lower handguard.

My 2 cents. Agree with you that your are free to do as you like with your rifles, but you state you like military firearms of wood and steel, and using that criteria, the WASR-10, a commercial variation of the Romanian AKM is correct with the lower handguard having a carved in lower grip. They weren't aftermarket, they were factory issue Romanian mil-spec.

rice paddy daddy
09-13-2013, 08:53 PM
I can see having a vertical fore grip on a select fire weapon to aid in controlability in full auto. But on a semi they are just awkward, at least for me.
And if besieged by mutant zombies in the middle of a mag change it would be awfully hard to properly bayonet fight since the forend could not be properly held. (OK, I threw that part in :rotflmbao:)
Like I said, I'm old school - my stateside US Army issue weapon was an M-14.

imanaknut
09-13-2013, 09:44 PM
Can't help but love the M-14!!!