PDA

View Full Version : need some help finding a flash hider i can pin on

silentkilla
08-22-2013, 07:04 PM
ok guys, i need some help in a serious way! my buddy has sold me a bushmaster patrolman upper. and come to find out the flash hider cracked on him so he pulled it off and i now have a 14.7 inch barrel! illegal!!!!!! so now i need some help finding a flash hider thats 2 inches long for this upper and all i can find is the threaded type. can anyone help me with this matter? thanks if so..:pray:

raxar
08-22-2013, 07:31 PM
you may want to keep your dogs and wife/baby inside the house for a few days.

Helen Keller
08-22-2013, 07:39 PM
quit crying "illegal" like a it's the end of the world.. shit breaks, take the actions to fix it.

theres a couple sites that sell 1.5" flash hiders.

here.. you can probly find cheaper ones.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-A2X-Extended-A2-Flash-Hider-Suppressor-p/bcm-a2x.htm

silentkilla
08-22-2013, 07:39 PM
do what??? i don't have it here homeboy... an't that dumb. anyways do you know where i can find one? does brownell's sell them? or do you have to find a 2 inch flash hider and drill it out and put a hole in it yourself for the pin then weld it in? how does this work?? i need to put one on it like quick if you know what i mean.

silentkilla
08-22-2013, 07:42 PM
quit crying "illegal" like a it's the end of the world.. shit breaks, take the actions to fix it.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-A2X-Extended-A2-Flash-Hider-Suppressor-p/bcm-a2x.htm

thanks

Helen Keller
08-22-2013, 07:42 PM
you dont need a 2"
14.7 + 1.5 ='s 16.2

silentkilla
08-22-2013, 07:44 PM

it is in a illegal state right this minute. don't have a form 1 on it. flash hider cracked on my buddy and he never replaced it. couldn't turn dowm a upper for 350 bucks though. whole thing BCG and all

silentkilla
08-22-2013, 07:45 PM
you dont need a 2"
14.7 + 1.5 ='s 16.2

gotcha man did not know they sold 1.5 inch thought only 2 inch on the pinned type.... my bad

deth502
08-23-2013, 05:32 AM
it should be a std fh threaded on then drilled and pinned. your saying theres no threads on the barrel and it was pressed on? ive never seen that on an ar before.

Helen Keller
08-23-2013, 05:53 AM
unless it was that stupid ak-74 brake bushmaster had.

Schuetzenman
08-23-2013, 06:20 AM
Blind pinned is ok, if you can't push the pin out it doesn't have to be welded in. Drill a hole that does not go 100% through to the other side. Check depth of hole, cut pin to go flush, drive in pin and done. OR you can high temp silver solder one on but that is hard on a barrel as you have to get it cherry red to flow the sliver solder.

silentkilla
08-23-2013, 09:39 AM
it should be a std fh threaded on then drilled and pinned. your saying theres no threads on the barrel and it was pressed on? ive never seen that on an ar before.

the barrel is a m-4 type and at the end it only has a indention for a pin. and yes i think what helen keller is talking about the ak brake is what was on it.

silentkilla
08-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Blind pinned is ok, if you can't push the pin out it doesn't have to be welded in. Drill a hole that does not go 100% through to the other side. Check depth of hole, cut pin to go flush, drive in pin and done. OR you can high temp silver solder one on but that is hard on a barrel as you have to get it cherry red to flow the sliver solder.

good thing i weld for a living.. lol, Shuetz the barrel i have has no threads on it and every fh i've come across has threads do i need to drill them out to make it work? good thing about it the link hellen gave me has the 1.5 inch fh that is predrilled to pin.

silentkilla
08-25-2013, 10:20 AM
guess i'm screwed on finding a correct one for this model.. going to try and drill the threads out of one i have and make it work hopefully. then i can drill a hole for the pin and pin it... any suggestions on what to use for the pin??

silentkilla
08-25-2013, 10:27 AM
well screwed again.... the FH i have come off of a pencil barrel and the m-4 profile barrel i have on this upper the o.d of the barrel is alot bigger. can not make a standard FH work.... shit

Helen Keller
08-25-2013, 01:20 PM
if it comes down to it, get it threaded then perm attach any 1.5" or longer FH you want.

when the 94 AWB went away so did alot of anything pressed/pinned.

silentkilla
08-25-2013, 02:49 PM
if it comes down to it, get it threaded then perm attach any 1.5" or longer FH you want.

when the 94 AWB went away so did alot of anything pressed/pinned.

wher its was pinned on before its got a indention in the barrel where the pin slid through how do they get past all that to thread it properly??

FunkyPertwee
08-25-2013, 02:55 PM
A gunsmith may have to smooth it up or turn it down before threading.

It sounds like you need to take it to a gunsmith. An NFA upper is fine as long as it isn't assembled with a lower. I wouldn't store it with a lower nearby either.

Helen Keller
08-25-2013, 02:58 PM
or buy yo'self another lower and make a pistol of it.

or just suck it up and sell/trade it to somebody.

silentkilla
08-25-2013, 03:00 PM
A gunsmith may have to smooth it up or turn it down before threading.

It sounds like you need to take it to a gunsmith. An NFA upper is fine as long as it isn't assembled with a lower. I wouldn't store it with a lower nearby either.

:11doh: did not think about a lathe...... it not on a lower but it is sitting in my safe.. so thats a no no??

silentkilla
08-25-2013, 03:01 PM
or buy yo'self another lower and make a pistol of it.

or just suck it up and sell/trade it to somebody.

how much you give me for it right now?? bought it for 375...

FunkyPertwee
08-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Well the first thing I would do is stop talking about it on the internet, the second thing I would do is keep it away from any unassembled lower receivers, and the third thing I would do is take the stripped upper receiver to your trusted gunsmith to have a new muzzle device permanently attached. You should keep in mind that it will be permanently attached when picking out your preferred muzzle device. Get something you'll be happy with years from now.

silentkilla
08-25-2013, 03:05 PM
hum. i was looking at my FH on the hk93 and it is also pinned. i wonder if its threaded to?? going to check out robertsRTG and see if they have a hk FH for a AR that only pins on..

silentkilla
08-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Well the first thing I would do is stop talking about it on the internet, the second thing I would do is keep it away from any unassembled lower receivers, and the third thing I would do is take the stripped upper receiver to your trusted gunsmith to have a new muzzle device permanently attached. You should keep in mind that it will be permanently attached when picking out your preferred muzzle device. Get something you'll be happy with years from now.

by the way...... the whole barrel is out of the upper right now dude. there is no way in hell to fire it as it sets.

Partisan1983
08-25-2013, 03:26 PM
hum. i was looking at my FH on the hk93 and it is also pinned. i wonder if its threaded to?? going to check out robertsRTG and see if they have a hk FH for a AR that only pins on..

Your HK93 FH is not pinned.

Your Date Code and twist rate are both wrong to have a pinned muzzle attachment.

silentkilla
08-25-2013, 03:38 PM
Your HK93 FH is not pinned.

Your Date Code and twist rate are both wrong to have a pinned muzzle attachment.

Dang partisian take it easy... can you tell me what the wire looking thingy is in the FH then??

Partisan1983
08-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Dang partisian take it easy... can you tell me what the wire looking thingy is in the FH then??

Sorry...If I came across as a dick, that was not my intention.

The spring clip on the FH has to do with rifle grenades...in a way...The Stasi...err, I mean the batfucks...well it's a long story dating back to the 60's and then the Nazi control act of 1968 happened....

Partisan1983
08-25-2013, 04:22 PM
If you had a pinned muzzle attachment, your date code would be from 88 or 89.

The twist rate would be 1-7 and your barrel length would be around 15" or so, IIRC......FWIW

silentkilla
08-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Sorry...If I came across as a dick, that was not my intention.

The spring clip on the FH has to do with rifle grenades...in a way...The Stasi...err, I mean the batfucks...well it's a long story dating back to the 60's and then the Nazi control act of 1968 happened....

no..... no man you just seamed a little excited... lol. sorry for not knowing half the shit i need to know about my gun. kinda deserve someone being a dick to me, lol. don't know why i thought it was pinned hell you can easily take the clip out if you tried it looks like. thanks for the info bro!

Helen Keller
08-25-2013, 04:41 PM
how much you give me for it right now?? bought it for 375...

first page said $350

:evil-bbq:

If i wasnt saving up an a m1 carbine i'd buy it .

silentkilla
08-25-2013, 06:54 PM
first page said $350

:evil-bbq:

If i wasnt saving up an a m1 carbine i'd buy it .

lol. sorry bro it was 375. hell i was saving up for a rem. 700 LTR and look what i went off and did.. spent the damn money on another upper.. lol

deth502
08-25-2013, 07:47 PM

if its like the 93, it is a detent type device that mates with a spline under the flash hider to keep it from turning off in use.

deth502
08-25-2013, 07:48 PM
i got $300 shipped.

silentkilla
08-25-2013, 07:51 PM
i got $300 shipped.

lol i hear you on the 300. no its not like the spline that under the FH on a hk barrel. it just straight with the indention for a pin.

deth502
08-26-2013, 08:56 PM
my bad

*if its like the 91

meaning if the fh on the 93 is like the fh on the 91, then the "wire looking thingy" is to engage the splines. that post was meant to have nothing to do with the ar.

Aggressive Perfector
09-01-2013, 05:39 AM
You can't just have a gunsmith thread your barrel?

silentkilla
09-01-2013, 10:41 AM
already in progress..