PDA

View Full Version : Sitting here watching football, getting hammered!

El Jefe
08-29-2013, 10:12 PM
Eh fuck it, seems like a good night for some drankin! ;)

No, really I'm not doing too bad. Watching my Chiefs hold their own against the Pack. (13-6 Chiefs, at the moment)

I uh, picked up a bottle I've not tried before. The Famous Grouse. Its a blended scotch and is allegedly the best selling whisky in Scotland. Not bad, especially for $20 a fifth. Sweet with some smoke, but I like it at its price point.

Beyond that, I'm enjoying (yet again) a Bolivar.

:anim_beer-1:

CigarGuy
08-30-2013, 06:22 AM
Ok, so it wasn't the Chief's that were getting hammered............;)

TEN-32
08-30-2013, 06:33 AM
Oh no...you're on a slippery slope to Clan Macgregor...LMAO.

El Jefe
08-30-2013, 04:26 PM
Oh no...you're on a slippery slope to Clan Macgregor...LMAO.

Meh, I doubt it, bro. Scotch for me is a change of pace, not a staple. One day soon I'll pour a glass and be totally repulsed by it. Then it'll be back to bourbon and rye for a good while. I don't know why, buts thats how it works for me. :)

El Jefe
08-30-2013, 04:27 PM
Ok, so it wasn't the Chief's that were getting hammered............;)

The Chiefs will have a better year than both the Buc's and Da Bears!

El Jefe
08-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Meh, I doubt it, bro. Scotch for me is a change of pace, not a staple. One day soon I'll pour a glass and be totally repulsed by it. Then it'll be back to bourbon and rye for a good while. I don't know why, buts thats how it works for me. :)

That said, this The Famous Grouse, whisky, is damned good at $20 per.

Stan, have you drank much scotch?

CigarGuy
08-31-2013, 10:28 AM
That said, this The Famous Grouse, whisky, is damned good at $20 per.

Stan, have you drank much scotch?

Noooooo.....I've got too many bourbons and ryes to try! Buy American!

TEN-32
08-31-2013, 10:35 AM

OK...truth be told I've never had it. I looked it up and it is blended from some pretty good stuff including Macallan and Highland Park. I may give it a whirl. Just don't start extolling the virtues of Cutty Sark or J&B! :lool::lool::lool:

El Jefe
08-31-2013, 11:03 AM
Noooooo.....I've got too many bourbons and ryes to try! Buy American!

Variety is the spice of life. :)

El Jefe
08-31-2013, 11:05 AM
OK...truth be told I've never had it. I looked it up and it is blended from some pretty good stuff including Macallan and Highland Park. I may give it a whirl. Just don't start extolling the virtues of Cutty Sark or J&B! :lool::lool::lool:

Its quite similar to Johnny Walker Black, but $15 cheaper per jug. Its the best selling scotch in Scotland.

silentkilla
08-31-2013, 11:20 AM
Glenfiddich is a nice 12 year old scotch also.

El Jefe
08-31-2013, 11:32 AM
Glenfiddich is a nice 12 year old scotch also.

True. In fact I was looking at a jug of that when I noticed the had the Grouse. Obviously the Grouse was cheaper and I had been wanting to try it, so..... ;)

CigarGuy
08-31-2013, 12:18 PM
Variety is the spice of life. :)
LOTS of bourbons and ryes!

El Jefe
08-31-2013, 01:13 PM

I've never tried either, tho I came close recently to buying a bottle of Cutty. ;)

I take it you no like?

El Jefe
08-31-2013, 01:16 PM
LOTS of bourbons and ryes!

Hard to go wrong there.

Have you ever tasted scotch, Stan? Its different for sure.