PDA

View Full Version : Scotch!.......

El Jefe
09-03-2013, 07:08 PM
.........um, what?:santa2:

Dr. Gonzo GED
09-03-2013, 07:16 PM
You holdin?

I've been dreaming of some Glenfidich myself lately.

L1A1Rocker
09-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Ran out of scotch. I'm all up in the Even Williams bourbon tonight. MMMmmmmm

CigarGuy
09-04-2013, 06:07 AM
.........um, what?:santa2:

Traitor! ;)
I thought "we" were bourbon drinkers?

El Jefe
09-04-2013, 01:16 PM
You holdin?

I've been dreaming of some Glenfidich myself lately.

Yep, bought a bottle of Glenfiddich 12 when I bought the jug of Glenmorangie 10. Good stuff! ;)

El Jefe
09-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Traitor! ;)
I thought "we" were bourbon drinkers?

Loves me some bourbon and rye, just felt like a change of pace. Don't judge me! :tongue0002:

Sorry, Bleed. I found that to be so f'ing funny the other day I had to break it out.

TEN-32
09-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Loves me some bourbon and rye, just felt like a change of pace. Don't judge me! :tongue0002:

Sorry, Bleed. I found that to be so f'ing funny the other day I had to break it out.

:lool::lool::lool:
All good.

Dr. Gonzo GED
09-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Yep, bought a bottle of Glenfiddich 12 when I bought the jug of Glenmorangie 10. Good stuff! ;)

Both are excellent choices!

Glenmorangie has this awesome habit of releasing expressions finished in different types of casks. Sherry and Bourbon being two popular ones but I think they've got a couple others out there. Makes for a great variety of characters.

I like their price point too! I'd put it next to most Scotches that cost twice as much.

El Jefe
09-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Both are excellent choices!

Glenmorangie has this awesome habit of releasing expressions finished in different types of casks. Sherry and Bourbon being two popular ones but I think they've got a couple others out there. Makes for a great variety of characters.

I like their price point too! I'd put it next to most Scotches that cost twice as much.

I like every speyside scotch I've tried, most highlands too, but islay scotch, to my palate, is horrible.

I've yet to try any lowland scotch, tho the next time I run across anything by Auchentoshan, I'm going to try it.
Bleed claims its pretty good. :)

Dr. Gonzo GED
09-04-2013, 04:36 PM
I like every speyside scotch I've tried, most highlands too, but islay scotch, to my palate, is horrible.

I've yet to try any lowland scotch, tho the next time I run across anything by Auchentoshan, I'm going to try it.

Yeah, the Islay is definitely a breed apart. Some of them take the peated smoke idea a little too far IMHO. They're interesting, but more as novelties than every day sippers.

There's a couple that are pretty good though.

Bowmore prides itself as "the most balanced Islay" and it definitely is. I'd put it kind with the highland scotches for texture and taste but with a gentle smoke. Not overpowering like Laphroaig or Ardbeg. It's some real craft suff!

One of my favorites for Islay character though is Lagavulin. Definitely a strong peat, but not way over the top with it. Most importantly though is a touch of salty sea air. It's really neat stuff. It litterally tastes like a sea port. Ok, maybe that isn't a great thing, but it's unique for sure!

Have you tried Glenrothes yet? They mostly produce distilate for sale to scotch blenders but their best barrels are bottled as vintages at the hight of their maturity (No age statements, they bottle at peak quality no matter how old our young the barrel is. They go for taste before numbers). Their select vintages are really something special. Each year is unique and highly limited. They come out at a fair scotch price but that starts to go up a LOT as the remaining bottles from the batch dwindle. They also do a "Special Reserve" blend for @ $40 a fifth which is a good representation of their usual flavors. IMHO, they are the best expression of Speyside out there. Really special stuff.

silentkilla
09-04-2013, 05:36 PM
fuck that get some jager......... lol

TEN-32
09-04-2013, 05:36 PM

Three Wood. Very nice.

mrkalashnikov
09-04-2013, 07:10 PM
My old man used to like to toss back the occasional Cutty or J&B after a day's work. Now that is what Real Men used to drink!

El Jefe
09-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Yeah, the Islay is definitely a breed apart. Some of them take the peated smoke idea a little too far IMHO. They're interesting, but more as novelties than every day sippers.

There's a couple that are pretty good though.

Bowmore prides itself as "the most balanced Islay" and it definitely is. I'd put it kind with the highland scotches for texture and taste but with a gentle smoke. Not overpowering like Laphroaig or Ardbeg. It's some real craft suff!

One of my favorites for Islay character though is Lagavulin. Definitely a strong peat, but not way over the top with it. Most importantly though is a touch of salty sea air. It's really neat stuff. It litterally tastes like a sea port. Ok, maybe that isn't a great thing, but it's unique for sure!

Have you tried Glenrothes yet? They mostly produce distilate for sale to scotch blenders but their best barrels are bottled as vintages at the hight of their maturity (No age statements, they bottle at peak quality no matter how old our young the barrel is. They go for taste before numbers). Their select vintages are really something special. Each year is unique and highly limited. They come out at a fair scotch price but that starts to go up a LOT as the remaining bottles from the batch dwindle. They also do a "Special Reserve" blend for @ $40 a fifth which is a good representation of their usual flavors. IMHO, they are the best expression of Speyside out there. Really special stuff.

Nope, in fact I'll need to look that one up. Sounds good tho.

Man, I drank a glass of Lagavulin here a year or so back at a BBQ. Too smokey for my taste, made me shudder with each sip. Dude that was our host refilled my glass when I wasn't looking. Ugh! ;)

El Jefe
09-04-2013, 07:25 PM
fuck that get some jager......... lol

Yeah, I've heard you can strain shoe polish through bread too.... :punch1:

El Jefe
09-04-2013, 07:27 PM
My old man used to like to toss back the occasional Cutty or J&B after a day's work. Now that is what Real Men used to drink!

Uh oh......

:yeah:

silentkilla
09-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I've heard you can strain shoe polish through bread too.... :punch1:

well............ it gets you drunk as fuck..... can you tell

btcave
09-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Scotch is nice, but Irish whiskey, now there's good stuff. Tulamor Dew.

El Jefe
09-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Scotch is nice, but Irish whiskey, now there's good stuff. Tulamor Dew.

BT, have you tried the Redbreast 12? Pretty good for Irish hooch. :)

El Jefe
09-04-2013, 07:50 PM
well............ it gets you drunk as fuck..... can you tell

So will the liquid draining from the bottom of a silage pit. :rotflmbao:

El Laton Caliente
09-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Shiner Bock... no substitute...

Beer! for breakfast!!!!

El Jefe
09-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Shiner Bock... no substitute...

Beer! for breakfast!!!!

Did you ever give that recipe a try I sourced for you?

silentkilla
09-04-2013, 08:05 PM
So will the liquid draining from the bottom of a silage pit. :rotflmbao:

fuck you jeffason i drunk stop makin fun shit i drunk

El Jefe
09-04-2013, 08:32 PM
fuck you jeffason i drunk stop makin fun shit i drunk

Hey man, don't get pissed at me just because you have shit for taste! :bigsmilebounce::anim_beer-1:

silentkilla
09-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Hey man, don't get pissed at me just because you have shit for taste! :bigsmilebounce::anim_beer-1:

you know i love you brother!!! just bullshittingfieief..whoops

El Jefe
09-04-2013, 08:36 PM
you know i love you brother!!! just bullshittingfieief..whoops

I figured. ;)

Now, have another cold one!

silentkilla
09-04-2013, 08:38 PM
my wifes down here gotta pull some marvin gaye shit my man .....later

El Jefe
09-04-2013, 08:52 PM
my wifes down here gotta pull some marvin gaye shit my man .....later

Well, do what you gotta do. ;)

Even if it is gaye.

silentkilla
09-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Well, do what you gotta do. ;)

Even if it is gaye.

if you only new....... damn sure an't gaye................... lol

silentkilla
09-04-2013, 08:56 PM
need pics..............???????? lol

El Jefe
09-04-2013, 09:14 PM
need pics..............???????? lol

Sure, post em on up. :tongue:

btcave
09-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Uh oh. Little fred 2.0! :mouse2:

El Jefe
09-04-2013, 10:28 PM
:worthless-without-v

silentkilla
09-05-2013, 05:58 PM
man if i tell you all i'm drinking a beer.... remind me to stop at one or two and not 12 and a half a 5th of vodka...... jeez i feel like crap and don't think this work day will ever end...

silentkilla
09-05-2013, 05:59 PM
:worthless-without-v

i always knew you wanted to see mini me..... lmao!!

El Jefe
09-05-2013, 06:06 PM
man if i tell you all i'm drinking a beer.... remind me to stop at one or two and not 12 and a half a 5th of vodka...... jeez i feel like crap and don't think this work day will ever end...

Okay young man, take it from the voice of reason (and experience) never, ever, get hammered on a school night! ;)

El Jefe
09-05-2013, 06:08 PM
i always knew you wanted to see mini me..... lmao!!

Keep your latent fantasies in the closet, friendo.

btcave
09-05-2013, 07:04 PM

I'm suprised you made it into work! :o

El Jefe
09-05-2013, 07:35 PM

warrior!

Dr. Gonzo GED
09-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Man, I drank a glass of Lagavulin here a year or so back at a BBQ. Too smokey for my taste, made me shudder with each sip. Dude that was our host refilled my glass when I wasn't looking. Ugh! ;)

:lool:

Yeah, man. I once had a bottle of Finlaggan (Lagavulin's secret "off batch" disposal service) that tasted like burnt hot dogs.

If someone offers you a little Bowmore I'd reccomend giving it a shot. Much more subdued in the peat department. It's spendy though, so it might not be worth buying a bottle till you've tried some.

El Jefe
09-06-2013, 11:56 PM
"burnt hotdogs" :rotflmbao:

TEN-32
09-07-2013, 06:42 AM
"burnt hotdogs" :rotflmbao:

That one caught my attention too...LOL.

silentkilla
09-07-2013, 07:52 AM
Okay young man, take it from the voice of reason (and experience) never, ever, get hammered on a school night! ;)

thank you for your wisdom jefferson i will be remembering that one......... but you know my dumbass will do it again! lifes to short brother!!!

silentkilla
09-07-2013, 07:58 AM

bt, we are working at a army depot in anniston al. there's only ten people with me and we have alot of pipe to run. i couldn't let them down like that so i suffered through it. but were we are sometimes is right out in the sun and about 95 degress. guess were we where thursday??? my lord i thought i was going to die..