PDA

View Full Version : And the other shoe drops... Shooting in Washington Naval Yard

cevulirn
09-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Police search for active shooter on grounds of Washington Navy Yard in Southeast D.C.

Police believe they have pinned down a shooter who has been firing at people in the Washington Navy Yard Monday morning, wounding at least 10 people.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/police-search-for-active-shooter-on-grounds-of-washington-navy-yard-in-southeast-dc/2013/09/16/b1d72b9a-1ecb-11e3-b7d1-7153ad47b549_story.html

Just the other day someone here pointed out that when it looks like things are going our way, (Colorado recall, etc.) Something happens. Sometimes it sucks to be right.

El Laton Caliente
09-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Reports have up to 3 shooter, one down.

Description of one shooter: Tall 6'-3", dark complexion, bald, AR15 and double barrel, dressed in all black.

As many as 12 shot, 4 dead.

skorpion
09-16-2013, 09:46 AM
To whom it may concern in Washington D.C.: How's that gun control stuff working out for you, brah?

El Laton Caliente
09-16-2013, 09:50 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/liveblog/wp/2013/09/16/shooting-at-washington-navy-yard/#liveblog-entry-17645

Three shooters, one down, one or two pinned down by swat. 12 shoot so far, 4 dead...

El Laton Caliente
09-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Now saying two shooters confirmed.

sevlex
09-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Let's wait to see what the facts ultimately turn out to be. Early reports are almost always wrong.

was_peacemaker
09-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Let's wait to see what the facts ultimately turn out to be. Early reports are almost always wrong.

My cousin works were it happened. We just now heard from him that he is ok but he is on lockdown!

was_peacemaker
09-16-2013, 10:29 AM
To whom it may concern in Washington D.C.: How's that gun control stuff working out for you, brah?

I thought AR-15's were banned in that part of the world?

sevlex
09-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Now, I just heard an unconfirmed report of a shooting at an Air Force base!

Damn!

imanaknut
09-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Timing is so perfect isn't it? Each major "news event" with a shooter falls approximately 6 months apart. Newtown CT about a year ago, the shooting that was stopped by a great police officer about 6 months ago.

Sad to hear about the loss of lives, and prayers for all those affected, but the timing is too perfect, and I am not your usual tin hat person.

imanaknut
09-16-2013, 11:32 AM
TV now, six confirmed dead including one shooter. They are saying up to two shooters being chased.

And now obama-messiah takes to the podium.

Richard Simmons
09-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Worried about ltorlo64. IIRC he just transferred to the DC area and with his nuclear background I could easily see him being stationed at the Navy Yard. I hope he's OK.

LAGC
09-16-2013, 12:00 PM
Worried about ltorlor64. IIRC he just transferred to the DC area and with his nuclear background I could easily see him being stationed at the Navy Yard. I hope he's OK.

Holy chit, I just heard on the radio and was thinking the same thing.

Sure hope he's alright...

Sounds like workplace violence, a disgruntled former employee who was let go but still had access to the base is what they were initially saying.

Dammit, I'm supposed to be studying for a big exam tomorrow, and now I'm glued to the news... :(

ltorlo64
09-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Thanks for remembering where I am. I am fine. I don't work at the Navy Yard, though I do have to go there a couple of times a month. The people I work with at the Yard were not near the shooting either.

Still too early to tell what the shooting was about. News reports here are saying the police are still looking for 2 shooters, with one shooter dead. If there were 3 shooters it would be highly unusual for it to be workplace violence.

ltorlo64
09-16-2013, 12:11 PM
I thought AR-15's were banned in that part of the world?

They are so I am not sure how one could have been used.

Richard Simmons
09-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Just got a PM from him, he's Ok. He's not stationed at the ship yard.

LAGC
09-16-2013, 12:13 PM
Glad to hear you're okay.

Do they let officers pack heat on the base? I always though it was crazy how on many bases everyone has to be disarmed.

Isn't that how Nidal Hasan killed so many people, because only the MPs were armed?

TEN-32
09-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Standing by for the presidential declaration that this is just a case of routine workplace violence. :pissin-chipmunk2:

Helen Keller
09-16-2013, 12:15 PM
doesnt sound like the work of a normal pyscho.

I'm betting it's "revenge" related.

rshaneck2002
09-16-2013, 12:20 PM
One thing is for sure., if he is Muslim they will downplay the hell out of it just as they did with Hasan., lord anything but a terrorist says homeland security. By tonight the spin will say it is the rifles fault? any bets?

Helen Keller
09-16-2013, 12:23 PM
More than 20 members of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) responded to the scene, including the same Special Response Team that extracted the alleged Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev from the boat where he barricaded himself following the April 15 attack.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM the same response team?????????? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

El Laton Caliente
09-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Thanks for remembering where I am. I am fine. I don't work at the Navy Yard, though I do have to go there a couple of times a month. The people I work with at the Yard were not near the shooting either.

Still too early to tell what the shooting was about. News reports here are saying the police are still looking for 2 shooters, with one shooter dead. If there were 3 shooters it would be highly unusual for it to be workplace violence.

Glad you are OK.

Three shooters are not "work place violence"...

ltorlo64
09-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Glad to hear you're okay.

Do they let officers pack heat on the base? I always though it was crazy how on many bases everyone has to be disarmed.

Isn't that how Nidal Hasan killed so many people, because only the MPs were armed?

The only people with weapons are the police and security.

sevlex
09-16-2013, 12:36 PM
And the calls for gun control will begin in 3...2...1.

LAGC
09-16-2013, 12:39 PM
The only people with weapons are the police and security.

And the mass-shooters, apparently...

Hopefully they change that policy so you guys can protect yourselves the next time this happens. Two military base shootings in less than 4 years apart isn't a great harbinger of things to come.

I bet these perps would think twice if everyone was open-carrying a sidearm on base.

TEN-32
09-16-2013, 12:44 PM
They will quickly find out one of the shooters voted republican once in 1980...by 6PM it will be a TEA party homegrown right wing extremist plot. Unless they are middle eastern, then its workplace violence.

stinker
09-16-2013, 01:10 PM

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/16/hollywood-actor-already-turns-to-gun-control-after-navy-shooting/

It didn’t take long for at least one Hollywood actor to turn to gun control this morning. With details about the Washington Navy Yard shooting still widely unknown, “Happy Days” actor Henry Winkler wasted no time in making a sarcastic statement about the event — and gun control — on his official Twitter account.

“ANOTHER shooting in WASH D.C.,” he wrote. “PLEASE America do nothing to promote gun control because that’s how we roll until we have all shot each other.”

The curious comment sparked an array of responses. From agreement to people lambasting Winker’s quip as “ignorant,” the sentiment was certainly diverse Winkler wasn’t alone in his response, of course. Alexey Pushkov, Russia’s nation’s parliamentary foreign affairs chief, also issued offensive commentary about the shooting. Using his own brand of sarcasm to try and knock down the notion of American exceptionalism (the idea that the U.S. was uniquely created), Pushkow pointed to this morning’s tragic rampage.

“A new shootout at Navy headquarters in Washington – a lone gunman and 7 corpses,” he wrote on his Twitter account. “Nobody’s even surprised anymore. A clear confirmation of ‘American exceptionalism.’"

Or if that doesn't float your boat...

16 minutes ago

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/16/miller-obama-uses-naval-yard-shooting-inflame-fear/

Obama uses Naval Yard shooting to stoke fear, push anti-gun agenda

Scaring the American public is one of President Obama’s favorite political tactics to get gun control. Just hours after the terrible shooting at the Naval Yard on Monday, Mr. Obama said that even though he didn’t have the facts, “We’re confronting — yet another — mass shooting. And today it happened on a military installation in our nation’s capital.”

Yet another?

The last mass shooting was over nine months ago at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown. While we mourn every one of those children and educators lost that day — and today in Washington, D.C. — these events are not a cause for increased alarm.

A report by the nonpartisan Congressional Research Study (CRS) released in April showed there have been 78 public mass shootings in the last 30 years that claimed 547 lives. That averages to 18 victims a year.

To put that number in context, there were 8,583 murders by firearm in the U.S. in 2011, the most recent year for which we have figures from the FBI. And, there were 851 people accidentally killed by firearms in 2011, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The congressional report concluded that, “While tragic and shocking, public mass shootings account for few of the murders related to firearms that occur annually in the United States.”

The president also added as the press conference that the horrific crime at the naval building will “be investigating thoroughly what happened — as we do so many of these shootings sadly that have happened and do everything we can to try to prevent them.”

As I wrote in my new book, “Emily Gets Her Gun,” every life is precious. But Mr. Obama never has much to say about the thousands of people murdered every year in individual shootings. You never hear Mr. Obama talk about investigating those killed every day in our cities. (Well, except for Trayvon Martin, who the president said looked like the son he never had before the trail of George Zimmerman even started.)

Instead, Mr. Obama focuses on the rare mass shootings because the uncontrollable and random nature of them are more frightening to the public, which is politically helpful for him to push his gun-control agenda.

We don’t yet know know how the shooter or shooters got into the military installation, but if it was a random mass shooting and not terrorism, Mr. Obama is off base talking about prevention.

The CRS reported that because of the rarity of the events, “potential perpetrators cannot be identified accurately, and no systematic means of intervening are known to be effective.”

Mass shootings are extremely rare and should not be described by the president as if this is a common occurrence. He does this to frighten people into believing that they are in more danger in order to get support for more gun control.

The reality is gun crimes have decreased every year for 20 years. We cannot stop every single evil person from using a firearm to murder, but we can use facts when talking about these crimes. The president of the United States should be reassuring the public of their safety, not blatantly trying to scare them for his own agenda.

Right on queue.

ltorlo64
09-16-2013, 01:20 PM
And the mass-shooters, apparently...

Hopefully they change that policy so you guys can protect yourselves the next time this happens. Two military base shootings in less than 4 years apart isn't a great harbinger of things to come.

I bet these perps would think twice if everyone was open-carrying a sidearm on base.

No. Conventional wisdom is that if the only people to have guns are the criminals and the police less people will die as we wait for the police to show up.

samiam
09-16-2013, 01:51 PM
What do they do at the Washington Naval Yard?

ltorlo64
09-16-2013, 02:06 PM
What do they do at the Washington Naval Yard?

That is where the Naval Sea Systems Command is located. They are responsible for aquisition, design, maintenance, and disposal of all Navy ships, airplanes and assets. The National Museum of the US Navy is also located there as well as the US Navy's Museum Command.

imanaknut
09-16-2013, 02:31 PM
Death toll up to 12 now. Would guess obama-messiah and his minions are salivating at the idea about new gun control laws.

ltorlo64
09-16-2013, 02:36 PM
Death toll up to 12 now. Would guess obama-messiah and his minions are salivating at the idea about new gun control laws.

Probably. The natural argument is that they were in a city with some of the strictest gun control laws, on a military base where the gun rules are even more stringent, and all this allowed was the gunman/gunmen to shoot more unarmed people with no option to defend themselves.

mrkalashnikov
09-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Just read the shooter was a black guy in his 30's & a possible Navy vet.

O.S.O.K.
09-16-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm thinking Al Quida test event. Of course, I could be all wrong but the fact that there's more than one makes me very suspicious. I see a day in the near future when we get this all across the country in major urban areas in a coordinated fashion. Probably during a major economic event - which I also expect in the near future...

imanaknut
09-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Per the just ended news conference, 13 now confirmed dead, many with injuries, not all firearm related (as in fell down steps trying to escape).

No information on shooter other than name and age.

Active shooter response team was on scene in minutes, engaged and stopped the one known shooter probably saving many more people.

Next news conference scheduled in two hours.

LAGC
09-16-2013, 03:57 PM
This him?

http://media.mugshotsonline.com/sh_mugshots/45611151.jpg

http://www.mugshotsonline.com/texas/fort-worth/aaron-alexis/45611151

LAGC
09-16-2013, 03:58 PM
While Alexis' motive is still not clear, officials said he is a former avionics electrician with the U.S. Navy. He had been arrested at least twice previously: once in Seattle for malicious mischief, and once in Fort Worth in 2010 for discharging a firearm in public. He has lived in New York City also.

Alexis was carrying an ID card belonging to Rollie Chance, who was placed on administrative leave last October. Chance told officials he does not know Alexis.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57603061/washington-navy-yard-shooter-leaves-multiple-victims-some-fatalities/

rci2950
09-16-2013, 03:58 PM

only obama and his political police should have guns.

rci2950
09-16-2013, 03:59 PM
I hope he is a muslim.

That way the media will have to STFU about the tea party and constitution

Helen Keller
09-16-2013, 04:04 PM
Hey Jesse and AL.................. You gots some explaining to do.

Dr. Gonzo GED
09-16-2013, 04:05 PM
http://media.mugshotsonline.com/sh_mugshots/45611151.jpg

http://www.mugshotsonline.com/texas/fort-worth/aaron-alexis/45611151

If Obama had a son...

weevil
09-16-2013, 04:07 PM
A black shooter?

Well we can expect this to be swept under the rug just like Muhammad and Malvo.

Helen Keller
09-16-2013, 04:22 PM
A black shooter?

+1 give it a week and POOF!........

alismith
09-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Police search for active shooter on grounds of Washington Navy Yard in Southeast D.C.

Police believe they have pinned down a shooter who has been firing at people in the Washington Navy Yard Monday morning, wounding at least 10 people.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/police-search-for-active-shooter-on-grounds-of-washington-navy-yard-in-southeast-dc/2013/09/16/b1d72b9a-1ecb-11e3-b7d1-7153ad47b549_story.html

Just the other day someone here pointed out that when it looks like things are going our way, (Colorado recall, etc.) Something happens. Sometimes it sucks to be right.

Well, there is a definite pattern developing...and it's not that hard to see. The powers-that-be aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

Goodman
09-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Well, there is a definite pattern developing...and it's not that hard to see. The powers-that-be aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

Just noticed the repeating pattern of initial reports of possible multiple shooters. I guess there needs to be backup in case the primary subject is neutralized early or somehow has a mission failure...? :tinfoil:

copterdoctor
09-16-2013, 05:35 PM
Hillary's useful idiots aren't wasting any time on this one......
http://www.storyleak.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/comment-gun-ban.png

samiam
09-16-2013, 05:40 PM
A black shooter?

Muhammad was executed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Allen_Muhammad

Malvo got life w/o parole
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Boyd_Malvo

Care to define "swept under the rug"?

slamfire51
09-16-2013, 05:43 PM
If Obama had a son...

ROFLMAO

Oswald Bastable
09-16-2013, 05:49 PM
Gotta love how well those gun free zones protect people.

Schuetzenman
09-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Only one shooter identified so far and he is dead. I think the speculation of another is just that ... speculation. I bet they never do find "another shooter". 3 possibilities; he was going to get laid off due to Sequester, he converted to Islam or he hates White People or both of the last two. It will be interesting to see if he shot only white people or did he shoot all people he could get the appropriated rifle on?

silentkilla
09-16-2013, 06:06 PM
yay!!! well mags and ammo will be going back up!!! yay! fucking black retards with guns shooting shit up making it hard on the white man

weevil
09-16-2013, 06:52 PM
Muhammad was executed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Allen_Muhammad

Malvo got life w/o parole
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Boyd_Malvo

Care to define "swept under the rug"?

Uh yes the media does not blast it in the headlines 24-7 for a months ala Trayvon/Zimmerman.

Once they were caught and perhaps coincedentally found out they were black the whole thing disappeared from the MSM.

I don't recall seeing daily coverage of their trials and Muhammad's execution was tucked away in the back sections if they bothered to report it at all.

Richard Simmons
09-16-2013, 06:53 PM
Only one shooter identified so far and he is dead. I think the speculation of another is just that ... speculation. I bet they never do find "another shooter". 3 possibilities; he was going to get laid off due to Sequester, he converted to Islam or he hates White People or both of the last two. It will be interesting to see if he shot only white people or did he shoot all people he could get the appropriated rifle on?

Reports are that he had converted to Bhuddism.

alismith
09-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Reports are that he had converted to Bhuddism.

Then it had to be something else. Bhuddists just sit crosslegged, rub their fat bellies, and smile a lot. (I've seen the little statues.)

rshaneck2002
09-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Yep from roughly 1:30 this afternoon to now, I get home and read on Drudge that "DIANE WEINSTEIN" is already beating the anti gun drum., AGAIN! Its a whole 8:15 PM. ALWAYS BLAME THE INSTRUMENT AND NOT THE SHOOTER! The Navy Drs sure missed this one when they let him go it seems., who do we blame., the Gov't., the VA maybe? Bushmaster for sure and lets add Remington assuming he had an 870. Anybody but HIM. This crap is coming just a little too fast these days., it smells.,

alismith
09-16-2013, 07:23 PM
Yep from roughly 1:30 this afternoon to now, I get home and read on Drudge that "DIANE WEINSTEIN" is already beating the anti gun drum., AGAIN! Its a whole 8:15 PM. ALWAYS BLAME THE INSTRUMENT AND NOT THE SHOOTER! The Navy Drs sure missed this one when they let him go it seems., who do we blame., the Gov't., the VA maybe? Bushmaster for sure and lets add Remington assuming he had an 870. Anybody but HIM. This crap is coming just a little too fast these days., it smells.,

You're late to the game, but that's better than missing it entirely. :thumbsup:

rshaneck2002
09-16-2013, 07:32 PM
read earlier, had to do a volunteer job at my local red cross transporting Vets like myself to my local VA., I am retired.,

LAGC
09-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Then it had to be something else. Bhuddists just sit crosslegged, rub their fat bellies, and smile a lot. (I've seen the little statues.)

Some of those Buddhists are MEAN mofos! They have a reputation for being all peaceful and non-violent, but they can "chimp out" like the best of them!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_and_violence

Self-immolation, suicides, torture, and wars. No religion is immune from having a dark-side. Not one.

rshaneck2002
09-16-2013, 08:10 PM
They used to pour gas on themselves and light a match., did it a lot in Nam., and else where in the orient

alismith
09-16-2013, 08:30 PM
They used to pour gas on themselves and light a match., did it a lot in Nam., and else where in the orient

But, they were still happy, right? ;)

Oswald Bastable
09-16-2013, 08:39 PM
No religion is immune from having a dark-side. Not one.

And yet still the athiest religion has been responsible for more deaths worldwide than any other...

Hmmm...you may have something there.

Let's outlaw both belief and non-belief...

Hobe Sound AK
09-16-2013, 08:40 PM
Nah! He could not be Obongo's Son, Obongo is far more Ugly! He has to be a Muslim, 55% of Africa is Muslim. We will find this to be true! but it will have to be dragged from the Media.

LAGC
09-16-2013, 08:42 PM
And yet still the athiest religion has been responsible for more deaths worldwide than any other...

Hmmm...you may have something there.

Let's outlaw both belief and non-belief...

But I thought religion was SUPPOSED to be holier than though? How can it be that religion is full of the very same vices and defects of human nature in general? It's almost as if religion was... a human construct!

Imagine that!

Oswald Bastable
09-16-2013, 09:05 PM
But I thought religion was SUPPOSED to be holier than though? How can it be that religion is full of the very same vices and defects of human nature in general? It's almost as if religion was... a human construct!

Imagine that!

First...it's thou...

Second...

How can it be that religion is full of the very same vices and defects of human nature in general?

Did you not just answer your own question, oh rocket sturgeon?

LAGC
09-16-2013, 09:22 PM
Did you not just answer your own question, oh rocket sturgeon?

Indeed. We are one crazy-assed species. Nowhere else in the animal kingdom can you see such random, senseless violence.

Sure, you have predators eating prey... males sparring with each other over turf, or to impress the opposite sex or whatever. But it all has a point, a purpose.

But lighting oneself on fire? Multiple homicide plus suicide? The capability to slaughter so many innocents at once with minimal effort?

Someone fucked up when they designed us. That's for sure.

Oswald Bastable
09-16-2013, 10:55 PM
Someone fucked up when they designed us. That's for sure.

So you're laying it on your parents...unbeliever?

Justin
09-17-2013, 12:28 AM
I don't understand how the hell this guy was able to just simply walk right into the building with a long arm. Wasn't there any security or metal detectors?

weevil
09-17-2013, 12:43 AM
I don't understand how the hell this guy was able to just simply walk right into the building with a long arm. Wasn't there any security or metal detectors?

I'm sure they had a sign saying that firearms aren't allowed on the premises.

ready
09-17-2013, 01:48 AM
There's an article on drudge that says he only brought the shotgun and acquired the AR and pistol during the shooting.

stinker
09-17-2013, 02:20 AM
There's an article on drudge that says he only brought the shotgun and acquired the AR and pistol during the shooting.

SEE! NO BACKGROUND CHECK AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS RIGHT THERE BUDDY!

:coffee:

ltorlo64
09-17-2013, 04:34 AM

Imagine that!

Real religion is this, to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world (James 1:27). Everything else religion does or is done in the name of religion is a perversion.

ltorlo64
09-17-2013, 04:37 AM

I have been in the building where the shootings took place a few times. The first thing you run into is security and a badge reader. It is my understanding that the first shot, at least inside the building, took out the security guard. There is a theory going around that the shooter then acquired the pistol and rifle from the guard he had just shot, though I have not seen any official reports on that yet.

El Laton Caliente
09-17-2013, 05:20 AM
I have been in the building where the shootings took place a few times. The first thing you run into is security and a badge reader. It is my understanding that the first shot, at least inside the building, took out the security guard. There is a theory going around that the shooter then acquired the pistol and rifle from the guard he had just shot, though I have not seen any official reports on that yet.

Seems to be official now. He also has a Secret Clearance and a Contractor Access Card with access to the drive in area / garage. All this with two firearm discharge arrests and a less than honorable discharge.

ltorlo64
09-17-2013, 05:48 AM
Seems to be official now. He also has a Secret Clearance and a Contractor Access Card with access to the drive in area / garage. All this with two firearm discharge arrests and a less than honorable discharge.

No convictions from what I have heard and read, though they would still show up. As for the discharge, it was probably a general discharge based on a pattern of misconduct. It is hard to get an OTH discharge, you have to really work at it. Not saying he didn't get one as I have not heard the actual discharge he was granted. But from the reports I am hearing a general discharge seems most probable.

El Laton Caliente
09-17-2013, 06:55 AM
"Pattern of misconduct" was the phrase used on Fox this morning... Yes, a less than "honorable discharge general discharge" were the words they used, maybe they mixed the two up?

CigarGuy
09-17-2013, 07:11 AM
I heard at least one report saying he was despondent about being dumped by his girlfriend and she was one of his victims?

ltorlo64
09-17-2013, 07:23 AM
"Pattern of misconduct" was the phrase used on Fox this morning... Yes, a less than "honorable discharge general discharge" were the words they used, maybe they mixed the two up?

Not reallly. The "pattern of misconduct" is what allows a CO to discharge a sailor that is continuously getting in trouble. If you are discharged because of a "pattern of misconduct" you generally get a general discharge that can be under honorable conditions or less than honorable conditions. These are not as good as a "honorable discharge" and at least let everyone know that the person for some reason did not complete their full enlistment. If it is a general discharge under less than honorable conditions you know the person was discharged before the end of their enlistment for disciplinary issues that were not bad enough to trigger a bad conduct discharge.

NAPOTS
09-17-2013, 07:42 AM
Anyone else think this will be spun as proof that veterans cannot be trusted with firearms?

After all, vets are suspected terrorists under this regime.

sevlex
09-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Facts are slowly leaking out:

https://twitter.com/PamelaBrownCNN/status/379960354841047040

FBI Washington field office just confirmed gunman was NOT armed with AR15. Spokesperson says 1 shotgun and 2 pistols recovered

Someone throw a bucket of water on Feinswine.

http://www.calwatchdog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Wicked-Witch-melting.jpg

ready
09-17-2013, 11:26 AM
But, but, but...shotguns are EVEN MORE dangerous. They can fire 100's of bullets wth one pull of the trigger!

FunkyPertwee
09-17-2013, 11:29 AM
But, but, but...shotguns are EVEN MORE dangerous. They can fire 100's of bullets wth one pull of the trigger!

I figured they would drag that argument out after achieving a federal semi-auto ban. All of a sudden they'll become aware of the capabilities of shotguns and scoped hunting rifles.

rshaneck2002
09-17-2013, 11:40 AM
What is really weird, I watch the news daily and after 9 months there still is no final report concerning the Conn shooting. Been camping a lot this summer, maybe I missed it on the internet too? Anybody seen any final report? This one will take years to come out, the info is becoming quite clear that the U.S. Gov't seems to have missed this nut job big time! these shootings are coming way to fast, there is some BS somewhere.

Justin
09-17-2013, 12:05 PM

There was only one guard, are you shitting me? That's ridiculous.

ready
09-17-2013, 12:15 PM
I figured they would drag that argument out after achieving a federal semi-auto ban. All of a sudden they'll become aware of the capabilities of shotguns and scoped hunting rifles.

Mr. And Mrs. Fudd, turn 'em all in!

FunkyPertwee
09-17-2013, 12:24 PM

Hey, if they're goal is disarmament then they'd be stupid not to.

Helen Keller
09-17-2013, 12:28 PM

Let's go!

ltorlo64
09-17-2013, 02:58 PM
There was only one guard, are you shitting me? That's ridiculous.

Not always, but apparently yesterday.

Krupski
09-17-2013, 03:11 PM
The shooter didn't have or use an AR-15.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/media-mishaps-navy-yard-shooter-did-not-have-an-ar-15/article/2535918

Not that it matters. All they have to do is put a Saiga-12 shotgun in the trunk of his car and call it an AR-15. We know that scam works and the sheeple fall for it.

mrkalashnikov
09-17-2013, 04:00 PM
I wonder if all his victims were white.

"Hate Crime", anyone?

imanaknut
09-17-2013, 05:42 PM
May I have your attention please, Mr. and Mrs. Fudd. Please turn in your pump action shotguns as that was the weapon of choice, according to the picture shown on the tube, of the bastage that murdered 12 people and wounded many more. Per the police, shown in a photo of the weapon he legally purchased a week or so ago, it was a Remington 870 with an M4 style collapsible stock on it. He also used an unnamed type of pistol take off a security guard.

So, how soon before the liar-in-chief calls for a ban on the AR-15 even though it is coming to light that this jerk did not use one???

Richard Simmons
09-17-2013, 06:00 PM
From what I heard on the radio on my way home from work the guy was fired Friday and bought the shotgun on Sunday. Standby for cries of a mandatory waiting period for all firearms purchases.

recon
09-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Shotgun! Yeah that looks like a AR15 you media morons!

Full Otto
09-17-2013, 06:58 PM
He also used an unnamed type of pistol take off a security guard.

So, how soon before the liar-in-chief .........?

I'm thinking they will use this against the suggestion of armed teachers and guards at schools

raxar
09-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Does anyone else find it curious that both here and newtown there were reports of a "gunman" wearing military garb with an AR-15s?

Schuetzenman
09-17-2013, 07:44 PM
Does anyone else find it curious that both here and newtown there were reports of a "gunman" wearing military garb with an AR-15s?

I think all those reports are 100% generated by the Leftist News Media.

stinker
09-17-2013, 08:05 PM
From what I heard on the radio on my way home from work the guy was fired Friday and bought the shotgun on Sunday. Standby for cries of a mandatory waiting period for all firearms purchases.

I may be opening Pandoras Box by saying it aloud...
God i hope not.

How long until "Have you ever been fired from a job" shows up on ATF forms as an automatic disqualifier?

weevil
09-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Well regardless of what spin the anti's put on it this sounds like a classic case of going "postal".

And this is exactly why we want to be able to arm ourselves.

So that when some nutcase does snap we're not like these poor helpless people who are either slaughtered or stampeded.

As usual their gun ban shit failed miserably and some psycho with a gun was able to massacre unarmed people at will.

Instead of blaming guns the people of DC need to start blaming the politicians that left them defenseless and at the mercy of a murderous maniac.

All we want is the chance to fight back when these loons attack.

alismith
09-17-2013, 09:28 PM
He developed the "entitlement syndrome" and was set upon by the white man.

"He felt like he had been cheated out of money from the contract and complained that he was mistreated because he was black, Kristi Suthamtewkal said.

"He felt a lot of discrimination and and racism with white people especially," she said.

There was also a growing sense of entitlement and disrespect, she said. "He did have the tendency to feel like people owed him something all the time."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/17/20542864-navy-yard-shooter-aaron-alexis-was-not-happy-with-america-friend-says?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1

I'm guessing this will be a "new" diagnosis of the black man's problem, due to social injustices, and total entitlement will be the only treatment. I give it about a month before the CDC designates this as a new disease and legitimizes this as an actual disease.

Justin
09-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Not always, but apparently yesterday.

What about a metal detector, were there any of those?

tank_monkey
09-18-2013, 01:30 AM
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/q71/s720x720/1237981_530597367012564_413822867_n.jpg

rci2950
09-18-2013, 03:30 AM
no security is nothing new. most of the navy bases here have no guards and if they do it is a 90 year old unarmed woman.

They are more of a traffic cop telling people where things are then a security guard.

This started happening after the last budget cut.

ltorlo64
09-18-2013, 04:30 AM
What about a metal detector, were there any of those?

Not normally. You have to remember that where this happened is just an office building with about 3000 people that work there, not including guests that come and go. It is the same as most other office buildings, of which the Department of the Navy and Department of Defense have hundreds, if not thousands. Putting a metal detector in each one, having it serviced, and keeping lines moving with the amount of metal we carry (cell phones, keys, change, steel toed shoes, watches, etc.) is very difficult, time consuming, and expensive, not to mention a violation of the Constitutional prohibition against unreasonable searches and seizures.

Krupski
09-18-2013, 08:06 AM
I may be opening Pandoras Box by saying it aloud...
God i hope not.

How long until "Have you ever been fired from a job" shows up on ATF forms as an automatic disqualifier?

That disqualifies 99.999% of everyone!

Krupski
09-18-2013, 08:08 AM
Not normally. You have to remember that where this happened is just an office building with about 3000 people that work there, not including guests that come and go. It is the same as most other office buildings, of which the Department of the Navy and Department of Defense have hundreds, if not thousands. Putting a metal detector in each one, having it serviced, and keeping lines moving with the amount of metal we carry (cell phones, keys, change, steel toed shoes, watches, etc.) is very difficult, time consuming, and expensive, not to mention a violation of the Constitutional prohibition against unreasonable searches and seizures.:yeah:

Since when does the CONSTITUTION mean anything anymore?

ltorlo64
09-18-2013, 08:09 AM
:yeah:

Since when does the CONSTITUTION mean anything anymore?

I know what you mean but I cannot give up hope.

Richard Simmons
09-18-2013, 08:43 AM

Not even close. Way too many freeloaders in this country have never had a job to get fired from. Personally I've never been fired from a job.

Krupski
09-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Not even close. Way too many freeloaders in this country have never had a job to get fired from. Personally I've never been fired from a job.

I was fired from one job and I simultaneously quit and was fired from another. I've got a lousy attitude and don't take shit from anyone.

tank_monkey
09-18-2013, 05:34 PM
I was fired from one job and I simultaneously quit and was fired from another. I've got a lousy attitude and don't take shit from anyone.

Krupski? You have a lousy attitude? I never picked that up........... ;)

stinker
09-18-2013, 08:08 PM

Which is why i could see them trying it some day if they think they'll get away with it.
That would be a mission accomplished moment for them.

l921428x
09-19-2013, 08:57 AM
Anyone see this?
http://cnsnews.com/video/cnsnews/navy-yard-shooting-marines-had-weapons-no-ammunition

so the U.S. has become Beirut Leb.?

rci2950
09-19-2013, 09:16 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/24153252#FBM286850

A tactical response team of the Capitol Police, a force that guards the US Capitol complex, was told to leave the scene by a supervisor instead of aiding municipal officers.

The Capitol Police department has launched a review into the matter.

Aaron Alexis, 34, killed 12 people at the Washington Navy Yard.

"I don't think it's a far stretch to say that some lives may have been saved if we were allowed to intervene," a Capitol Police source familiar with the incident told the BBC.

Helen Keller
09-19-2013, 10:06 AM
They probly wanted a higher body count .

Remember what we're dealing with here.

Krupski
09-19-2013, 02:17 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/24153252#FBM286850

A tactical response team of the Capitol Police, a force that guards the US Capitol complex, was told to leave the scene by a supervisor instead of aiding municipal officers.

The Capitol Police department has launched a review into the matter.

Aaron Alexis, 34, killed 12 people at the Washington Navy Yard.

"I don't think it's a far stretch to say that some lives may have been saved if we were allowed to intervene," a Capitol Police source familiar with the incident told the BBC.

Check out this article: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/brenner-brief/2013/sep/17/gun-control-debate-sen-feinstein-does-not-want-hav/

One may assume that because this is a military establishment that there were well-armed men and women guarding the buildings, and that at least the military employees would be able to defend themselves with their firearm. While this seems logical given the weapons training completed in the military, an order signed in 1993 by then President Bill Clinton leaves these brave men and women without the ability to carry their personal firearm for protection.
Monday, Senator Diane Feinstein attempted to revive the debate over gun control, releasing a statement declaring:
“Congress must stop shirking its responsibility and resume a thoughtful debate on gun violence in this country. We must do more to stop this endless loss of life.”
Perhaps Sen. Feinstein should indeed support a revived debate, but if she wants to “stop this endless loss of life” the conversation should be one that discusses removing a draconian restriction that leaves members of the military unable to defend themselves with a weapon they are trained to properly use. Then, Costello’s recollection could have been correct, if there had been a story Monday for her to even cover.
(rest at the link above)

How about removing the draconian (and unconstitutional) gun laws that limit EVERYONE'S right to self defense?

These idiots like Feinswine JUST DON'T GET IT.

There's a shooting, what do they do? Call the cops (i.e. guys with guns). Then in the next breath they want to ban those guns.

For every shooting that makes the news, there are hundreds to thousands of instances where private citizen CCW people have saved themselves or someone else from a robbery, a rape or other violent crime (many time without even needing to fire a shot at all).

Yet, all of THESE are religiously kept out of the news. The LAST thing they want is for the sheeple to realize that guns SAVE lives and that gun BANS are the ass backward WRONG thing to do.

Feinswine you ugly rotting bitch... come take mine!

Too bad that plot to blow your sorry ass up years ago failed. America would be a better place without you and others like you. :flip-bird: