PDA

View Full Version : Annealing Brass

aliceinchains
09-20-2010, 02:44 PM
What is the proper way to anneal the mouth and neck area of rifle brass.

I would like to hear your method.

AKTexas
09-20-2010, 03:48 PM
I have a square metal pan I pour some water in the pan about 1/2 inch set up the cases on one end.Turn out the lights,heat the cases until they just turn color and then knock them over in the water with a pencil or wooden dowel.

aliceinchains
09-21-2010, 04:15 PM
I have a square metal pan I pour some water in the pan about 1/2 inch set up the cases on one end.Turn out the lights,heat the cases until they just turn color and then knock them over in the water with a pencil or wooden dowel.

Turn out the lights ,that is the improved method. You be a damn man . Thank you very much.

AKTexas
09-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Turn out the lights ,that is the improved method. You be a damn man . Thank you very much.

No problem the torch gives off enough light to see what you are doing.My uncle showed me that trick.

stubbicatt
10-14-2010, 09:03 PM
I use a lead melting pot, run the temps on up, and after f.l. resizing, trimming, etc., I take each case, hold it at the case head, and dip it in the molten lead to the point where I want the anneal, and then when my fingers start to get uncomfortable, I move, quickly, to drop the case in a bucket of water, located well below the bench.

The first couple of times you do this you are likely to burn your finger or thumb tips a little bit. I stress: when it starts to get uncomfortable, MOVE! to the water quench.

GunBum
10-14-2010, 09:25 PM
When stubbicatt says MOVE! he means MMMOOOOOOOOVVVEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It goes from warm to hot a lot faster than most people can react.

shandy7894
12-31-2010, 02:07 AM
I pour some water in the pan about 1/2 inch set up the cases on one end.Turn out the lights,heat the cases until they just turn color and then knock them over in the water with a pencil or wooden dowel.

-----------------------------------------

O.S.O.K.
12-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Hey Shandy - welcome to the board. Please don't take offense at the sig removal - please review the board rules. :) Looking forward to seeing more posts from you!

AKTexas
12-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Hey Shandy - welcome to the board. Please don't take offense at the sig removal - please review the board rules. :) Looking forward to seeing more posts from you!

I would not expect many more post from him.His post is just a edited version of my post in this thread.

slamfire51
12-31-2010, 02:58 PM
I would not expect many more post from him.His post is just a edited version of my post in this thread.

I just wondering.
Do "they" have a need to anneal brass?
I didn't realize England's subjects were allowed to have ammo, must less reload and shoot it.
Hmmm.......

AKTexas
12-31-2010, 04:19 PM
I just wondering.
Do "they" have a need to anneal brass?
I didn't realize England's subjects were allowed to have ammo, must less reload and shoot it.
Hmmm.......

Doubtful they can own any combustibles aside from Gin that they get from their drunken whore mothers.

O.S.O.K.
12-31-2010, 05:12 PM

OIC - oops - in this case, fuck you shandy :lool: I should've seen it.

slamfire51
12-31-2010, 05:14 PM
OIC - oops - in this case, fuck you shandy :lool: I should've seen it.

Would that be a recant?

O.S.O.K.
01-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Yes. :welcome4: