PDA

View Full Version : Red Army Standard Ammo?

alismith
09-29-2013, 08:40 AM
Is anyone familiar with the Red Army Standard brand of ammo? It comes in a red box, with a yellow star in the center and hammer and sickle in the center of the star. It is manufactured in the Ukraine and imported by Century. Berdan primed, lead core, steel cased.

How does this compare to the other imported brands of 7.62x39 out there?

I've got some but haven't tried it yet.

Skip
09-29-2013, 11:11 AM
I purchased the non corrosive 7.62X54R and it was recalled. Seems Ivan just reloaded the boxes with corrosive surplus ammo. Hope it doesn't happen with other ammo.

FunkyPertwee
09-29-2013, 11:12 AM
I purchased the non corrosive 7.62X54R and it was recalled. Seems Ivan just reloaded the boxes with corrosive surplus ammo. Hope it doesn't happen with other ammo.

Hilarious!

I was wondering why it all disappeared suddenly. Now I don't have to kick myself for missing out on it.

raxar
09-29-2013, 05:05 PM

So they had to recall "Red Army Standard" ammo because it was actually standard Red Army ammo?

Schuetzenman
09-29-2013, 06:51 PM
So they had to recall "Red Army Standard" ammo because it was actually standard Red Army ammo?

Made me LOL on that one! :D