PDA

View Full Version : curious..just for the hell of it..if a shtf thing happens..are we all squared away?

dishman
09-20-2010, 10:30 PM
i am no doomsayer,but i think our gov is leading us astray for whatever reason you may think of,and i think we let in way more illegals then we should.i am thinking maybe the al quida types have been slipping across our borders(north and south)for some time now,and it is just a matter of time before bridges start dropping and dirty bombs start going off in our urban centers...if and when that ocurs..what our decent folk to do..you know that all types of people will be spilling out of the cities into the countryside..mostly good people but also bad ones,myself,i dont want to turn away good people but how the hell do distinguish the good from the bad if things come to that?
i hope that does not occur but i have a bad feeling that we have been way to lax for way to long.
if i was a cop and the unthinkable happenend,i would go to my family,as anyone would i would think...so law and order is out the window..what then..survival of the fittist?
probably should not watch the colony..lol..but it has me thinking..things could go bad quick,and i myself would like to think that as americans first..we would help our own..but i have to say,if i had to deal with alot of destitute people i would try to help them to a point...but you do at some point have to look out for your own.
any thoughts on how to deal with this potential issue?
i am not talking about fortifications and ammo..have plenty of that,was thinking more about,how do you help people that are not prepared,and at what point do you not help?

mriddick
09-20-2010, 10:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT1UO7v4Tig

El Jefe
09-20-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm in better shape now than I was a year ago, but no, I'm not ready for TSHTF.

Goodman
09-21-2010, 01:12 AM

How the FUCK did Capt. Willard get the ice cream all the way up that river (4:45 into the clip)? I've seen the movie many times and I never caught that part! :lool:

Oswald Bastable
09-21-2010, 01:35 AM
No one is every truly ready for SHTF, but hopefully you're more ready than the next guy.

HDR
09-21-2010, 05:18 AM
No one is every truly ready for SHTF, but hopefully you're more ready than the next guy.

Hitler was ready and he lost. ;)

Zoff12
09-21-2010, 05:33 AM
In a nutshell... trust, with reservation, those you already have plans with. Outside of that... trust no one. It is hard to find the balance between a Christian view (Please don't make this an issue here. It's just my way.) and a survivalist view, but one must develop a harder heart. Your family is first. I’d even be wary if someone showed up and said, “I so-and-so from Gunsnet.” How do I know what type of person this is other than what I read on the net? I don’t! Period! Be willing to turn away those you do not know regardless of what you see... women, children, infirmed, etc. Guilt and sympathy are not emotions that one can afford when it come to their own family during SHTF. Even the weakest person can cut your throat when you sleep.

Mark Ducati
09-21-2010, 07:37 AM
i am no doomsayer,but i think our gov is leading us astray for whatever reason you may think of,and i think we let in way more illegals then we should.i am thinking maybe the al quida types have been slipping across our borders(north and south)for some time now,and it is just a matter of time before bridges start dropping and dirty bombs start going off in our urban centers...if and when that ocurs..what our decent folk to do..you know that all types of people will be spilling out of the cities into the countryside..mostly good people but also bad ones,myself,i dont want to turn away good people but how the hell do distinguish the good from the bad if things come to that?
i hope that does not occur but i have a bad feeling that we have been way to lax for way to long.
if i was a cop and the unthinkable happenend,i would go to my family,as anyone would i would think...so law and order is out the window..what then..survival of the fittist?
probably should not watch the colony..lol..but it has me thinking..things could go bad quick,and i myself would like to think that as americans first..we would help our own..but i have to say,if i had to deal with alot of destitute people i would try to help them to a point...but you do at some point have to look out for your own.
any thoughts on how to deal with this potential issue?
i am not talking about fortifications and ammo..have plenty of that,was thinking more about,how do you help people that are not prepared,and at what point do you not help?

No, you cannot distinguish bad guys necessarily.... suppose you take in a daddy/wife/2 small kids into your home... who's to say daddy doesn't off you and your family? What if he's holding a bible as a prop? You cannot and do not know who is a BG.

Help them to a point? IF its that bad that they have to leave the city, don't you think local grocery stores will be rampaged/emptied in a flash? What are you going to do, give them your family's food and water?

I don't like it any more than you.... the extent of my help would be to help them down the road away from my property! No, I'm not wasting my gas giving them a ride, help meaning a stern verbal warning to get off my property and if THEY want to escalate it, I'm prepared.

If it comes down to my kids eating or not and starving, I'm willing to turn away even my own nieces and nephews.... these are things YOU need to think about before this happens so you know how you will act.... what I do is encourage others in the family to prepare as I do, some have and some not.... those that haven't, well... they were advised and warned accordingly.

Mark Ducati
09-21-2010, 07:43 AM
Just another side note...

My 6 year old son and I have been watching a log of Man vs. Wild and now the new one Man/Woman/Wild.... last night, stranded on an island, they ate eel, coconut crabs, sea slugs...

Talking with my son in past, we discussed eating possum and squirrel.... no way was his comment. After watching the shows and putting starvation together with not eating, he said he'd eat anything to stay alive if he was hungry enough.

I've got a lot of freeze dried 30 year shelf food stored.... a few tid bits of squirrel/possum/deer would go a long way in these stews :) Might want to start desensitizing your family to this possibility of eating wild game now.

crapshoot
09-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Yeah, I'm sure everyone here is gonna start eating possum tonight in preparation for REVOLUTION 2010!

LMAO!

ATAK, Inc.
09-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Yeah, I'm sure everyone here is gonna start eating possum tonight in preparation for REVOLUTION 2010!

LMAO!

Possum pot pie!!! My fav! I'll keep the pot ready... Not!

Dr. Gonzo GED
09-21-2010, 10:47 AM

LMAO!
I might start eating it just cause I'm a cheap ass jerk.

Mark Ducati
09-21-2010, 10:51 AM

LMAO!

Haha... I see your point, let me clarify, by "desensitizing" I was referring to having an open discussion.... I do not have any plans in the near future to stew up some possum or squirrel just to try it. But the reality is, you may have to if the SHTF for real.

Not knowing how long a SHTF scenario may last... I dare say that I'd be inclined to eat as much wild game in the beginning as we can stomach so as not to use up all the good stuff early on... only use the good stuff as a supplement as necessary.

El Jefe
09-21-2010, 11:12 AM

LMAO!

Yeah laugh it up, but the other day when I got skunked at bagging doves I got two squirrels on the way back to the truck. I had to take them with my shotgun since I didn't have a .22 with me, but the boys and I ate them that night.

So there! :tongue:

El Duce
09-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Plenty of wild life I can take from my front lawn if I have to! I am sure that the neighbors would do the same thing.

ATAK, Inc.
09-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Plenty of wild life I can take from my front lawn if I have to! I am sure that the neighbors would do the same thing.

Up here, PETA is the rule, People Enjoying Tasty Animals! There is so much up here, having to go hunt for it is minimal.

Las Vegas, otoh, has only 2-legged game! lol

El Jefe
09-21-2010, 01:13 PM
The squirrels in our yard here in town would make good eating, since my wife feeds them corn year round and they also eat sunflower seeds from the bird feeders. Little bastards, if they only knew what I have planned for them, Bwaaaahaha! If the SHTF, I'll turn the neighborhood into a squirrel Cambodia!!!

:squirrel:..... :mgwhore:

matshock
09-21-2010, 01:52 PM
The squirrels in our yard here in town would make good eating, since my wife feeds them corn year round and they also eat sunflower seeds from the bird feeders. Little bastards, if they only knew what I have planned for them, Bwaaaahaha! If the SHTF, I'll turn the neighborhood into a squirrel Cambodia!!!

They store nuts, you store them- it's the circle of life.

Dr. Gonzo GED
09-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Oh I'm ready.

I've got my k-bar, my studded cod piece, American flag bandanna, and a pair of jump boots.

If you want to find me, follow the trail of dead zombies and empty cans of Libbey's Potted Meat.

El Jefe
09-21-2010, 03:20 PM
They store nuts, you store them- it's the circle of life.

I forgot to mention the large walnut trees in the yard, I'll have to be sure and get them quick before I head for the hills, but the little bastards are fat.

:thgunssmall:..................................... .:squirrel::squirrel::squirrel:

DesertDawg
09-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Just another side note...

My 6 year old son and I have been watching a log of Man vs. Wild and now the new one Man/Woman/Wild.... last night, stranded on an island, they ate eel, coconut crabs, sea slugs...

Talking with my son in past, we discussed eating possum and squirrel.... no way was his comment. After watching the shows and putting starvation together with not eating, he said he'd eat anything to stay alive if he was hungry enough.

I've got a lot of freeze dried 30 year shelf food stored.... a few tid bits of squirrel/possum/deer would go a long way in these stews :) Might want to start desensitizing your family to this possibility of eating wild game now.

Desensitizing??? My family and I have eaten wild game our whole lives..Poor folks, have poor ways.

O.S.O.K.
09-21-2010, 04:16 PM
"curious..just for the hell of it..if a shtf thing happens..are we all squared away?"

NO.

ubersoldate
09-21-2010, 04:24 PM
no.

O.S.O.K.
09-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Uber - that reminds me, can I borrow one of your Rambo head bands? I know you have extras.... :)

ubersoldate
09-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Uber - that reminds me, can I borrow one of your Rambo head bands? I know you have extras.... :)

I got a rotating tie rack with a handfull of them, no problem!

O.S.O.K.
09-21-2010, 04:38 PM
I got a rotating tie rack with a handfull of them, no problem!

You the man!!! Thanks :D :the-man:

I may not be ready, but now I'm gonna LOOK ready :firedevil:

Paradox
09-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Do the math. 900k survivors of WOMD flowing out of a metro area such as Atlanta.

Flowing into suburban areas, most I think will be heading for the mountains thinking they will live off the wildlife. Which will be a joke.

What kind of values and ethics do these inner city people have?

What you going to do when they come for you!!!!

No one is ready!!!

Keep the last bullets for your family.

Sorry, I am not very optimistic tonight.

sisyphus
09-21-2010, 08:05 PM

Squirrel is great for kids to eat. Set out a saucer with their plates and let them have a contest of who finds the most shotgun pellets in their dinner.

All we have here is cats and several kinds of freeloading birds I'd love to get my chance at some day. At least the cats will keep the mice at bay, but the birds eat-up more than half of our fruit from the trees every year and then leave calling cards all over the vehicles and patio furniture.

O.S.O.K.
09-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Well, it all depends.

And that is the problem.

El Jefe
09-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Squirrel is great for kids to eat. Set out a saucer with their plates and let them have a contest of who finds the most shotgun pellets in their dinner.

All we have here is cats and several kinds of freeloading birds I'd love to get my chance at some day. At least the cats will keep the mice at bay, but the birds eat-up more than half of our fruit from the trees every year and then leave calling cards all over the vehicles and patio furniture.

Do you know any Vietnamese?

sisyphus
09-21-2010, 08:34 PM

For recipes?

dishman
09-22-2010, 12:32 AM
zoff12,
thats what i was getting at,
i was not talking about eating wildlife(i can shoot a rabbit/deer)or being prepared for some juvenile zombie movie scenario.(have more weapons/fortifications then i probably will ever need)
i was talking more about the moral issue one may face,i was thinking about it..i know good people that are woefully unprepared for a frigging blackout..let alone a really bad day.
i was thinking more of the christian thing to do?
i dont want to turn away a good person that is in need..but i dont want to short me(selfish) or let a scumbag in..and i am sure there will be plenty of them.
someone said they would send nieces down the road..i could not do that.
let some punks from dahood..i got no prob popping them..but the question remains..what if a long lost uncle/family member comes crawling up..i am not sure what i would do..shoot em and put them out of their misery..help them...maybe they are an asset..maybe they are no good....
or 1 could say..screw em all and just shoot all that enter my perimeter...not very christian though.

DesertDawg
09-22-2010, 08:10 AM
zoff12,
i was not talking about eating wildlife(i can shoot a rabbit/deer)or being prepared for some juvenile zombie movie scenario.(have more weapons/fortifications then i probably will ever need)
i was talking more about the moral issue one may face,i was thinking about it..i know good people that are woefully unprepared for a frigging blackout..let alone a really bad day.
i dont want to turn away a good person that is in need..but i dont want to short me(selfish) or let a scumbag in..and i am sure there will be plenty of them.
let some punks from dahood..i got no prob popping them..but the question remains..what if a long lost uncle/family member comes crawling up..i am not sure what i would do..shoot em and put them out of their misery..help them...maybe they are an asset..maybe they are no good....
or 1 could say..screw em all and just shoot all that enter my perimeter...not very christian though.

In that aspect of it, yes Im prepared. I can make decisions involving life or death. it wouldnt be pleasant but I can do it.

El Jefe
09-22-2010, 11:53 AM
For recipes?

Of course! :lol2:

Zoff12
09-22-2010, 04:56 PM
zoff12,
I have long milled that around in my head. Came down to this conclusion... there are some in my family that I would let in. There are some I would not. I have "preached" to all of them. Some were receptive. I have a B-in-L that, he and his wife, give us money monthly to add to the supplies. They know they are coming here so I just store it. It has been a big help. Immediate family... mine and my Wife's... brothers, sisters, parents... I could not turn them away. Within reason. If they show up with a posse in tow or a shit load of their inlaws... no way. By themselves... yes. I have a few (very few) friends that are welcome. But those friends are more than capable of adding to the defense... ex and/or current military/LEO or just good at defense. Some of them are capable of other things... farming, mechanics, carpentry, machine work, etc. My B-in-Law is a mechanic and awesome fabricator. All of those skills will be useful. Outside of that... too bad, so sad... see ya. Most would be allowed to go along their merry way. Any that show hostility and give me reason to believe they would return in a hostile manner... pop goes the weasel. Yeah... I have thought this out.

sisyphus
09-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Of course! :lol2:

Not a bad idea. I'll have to look into it.

El Jefe
09-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Not a bad idea. I'll have to look into it.

Make sure to share which ones taste the best. :tongue:

gpwasr10
09-22-2010, 09:32 PM
I have some food, lots of ammo and cool down weapons, plenty of water, and a 7 Handles of Old No. 7 Tennessee whiskey. I went from 6'2" 295 lbs (32% fat 42" waist)... to a lean 6'2" 230 lbs (15% fat 34" Waist) and take Thai Kickboxing. If the S hits the F; I'm alot more ready then most.

HDR
09-23-2010, 05:29 AM
Past a short period of time, I seriously doubt anyone is ready.

Mark Ducati
09-23-2010, 08:15 AM
Zoff,

I'm the one that said I'd give the food to my own kids first... I know that sounds extremely selfish...

Its very easy to sit behind a keyboard and type "what ifs" and how you would react.... truth is, IF I actually had family on my front step begging for food, I'd probably give it to them...

But if came down to your last container of food and its all you had... would you still share or give it to your children?

I do think about this, and I'll even go so far as to say that I would deny myself as I know my wife would too to see the continued survival of our children...

Heck, there were reports of Jews in the concentration camps that were letting their own blood and feeding it to their children... that's hardcore instinct right there.

Partisan1983
09-23-2010, 11:31 AM

I do....she's half vietnamese and half american, and beyond fuckin HOTT !!!!!!!!

El Jefe
09-23-2010, 11:45 AM
I do....she's half vietnamese and half american, and beyond fuckin HOTT !!!!!!!!

But,.............can she cook up a mess of cat? :smiley_freak:

Zoff12
09-23-2010, 11:51 AM
Zoff,

I'm the one that said I'd give the food to my own kids first... I know that sounds extremely selfish...

Its very easy to sit behind a keyboard and type "what ifs" and how you would react.... truth is, IF I actually had family on my front step begging for food, I'd probably give it to them...

But if came down to your last container of food and its all you had... would you still share or give it to your children?

I do think about this, and I'll even go so far as to say that I would deny myself as I know my wife would too to see the continued survival of our children...

Heck, there were reports of Jews in the concentration camps that were letting their own blood and feeding it to their children... that's hardcore instinct right there.
I have always thought that about sitting behind a keyboard and being "tough". You and I feel the same way. I'll will say that I would have no problem turing away some family. They voted for Bambam and stillget pissed at me for not doing the same. They can all take a flying leap for all I care.

Focused Gunfire
09-23-2010, 12:52 PM
At this time, I am nowhere near the level of preparation that would be required to be in good standing among the wastes. Physical health, social networks, mental mindset, faith, and supplies all need to be improved significantly. So no, I am not ready yet.

As for Dishman’s original moral question, I concur with the general conscience of the board. These city folk who, if they did flow out of the city, will only at best sap resources that your children will need to survive. There is also a good chance that they added to the overall problem with the way they acted, and voted during the “old days”. The refugees from the metropolis will most likely see you as an obstacle to there own survival, and act out in that manner. It will be church pleasantries until you start stopping them from taking everything of value, then the nasty welfare attitude of give me your stuff because your this and there that will begin.

Gpwasr10, congratulations on the weight loss.

Partisan1983 your post is worthless without pics.

HDR
09-24-2010, 07:56 PM
I have always thought that about sitting behind a keyboard and being "tough".

That's because they don't know.

Zoff12
09-24-2010, 08:12 PM
That's because they don't know.
Oh... they know. But WHAT they know is wrong, only what they read, or play in a video game. I have said here before that it is easy to "talk" tough on the net when you know someone cannot meet one face to face and call their bluff. What's the term... Keyboard commando? Correct? We've had a few of them here that were called out. Claiming some form or another of training only to have someone else here, who has had that particular training, prove they know nothing. Or claim something medical and have one of our Doctors or some other member with real medical training call them on it. Laughable! Actually... it's sad.

DesertDawg
09-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Oh... they know. But WHAT they know is wrong, only what they read, or play in a video game. I have said here before that it is easy to "talk" tough on the net when you know someone cannot meet one face to face and call their bluff. What's the term... Keyboard commando? Correct? We've had a few of them here that were called out. Claiming some form or another of training only to have someone else here, who has had that particular training, prove they know nothing. Or claim something medical and have one of our Doctors or some other member with real medical training call them on it. Laughable! Actually... it's sad.

You mean all the Modern Warfare I play wont make me a super ninja? Sure wish i could get some of that "high-speed" training...

:fighter2:

Zoff12
09-24-2010, 08:57 PM
You mean all the Modern Warfare I play wont make me a super ninja? Sure wish i could get some of that "high-speed" training...

Yeah... DD... it WILL work for you. lol

Seriously... I hope you know I wasn't referring to you and several of you other guys. You know who you are.

DesertDawg
09-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Yeah... DD... it WILL work for you. lol

Seriously... I hope you know I wasn't referring to you and several of you other guys. You know who you are.

Oh I know ya wasnt, i just had to be a smart ass tho! :)

raxar
09-25-2010, 11:03 AM

yeah, the only real way to be a super ninja is to buy black BDU's and a chinese katana, at least that's what my airsoft dealer's been telling me....

Partisan1983
09-25-2010, 11:35 AM
But,.............can she cook up a mess of cat? :smiley_freak:

IDK.......but I'd make a mess with her pussy ;)

DesertDawg
09-25-2010, 12:42 PM
yeah, the only real way to be a super ninja is to buy black BDU's and a chinese katana, at least that's what my airsoft dealer's been telling me....

well, sounds like he's keping ya on the right track! LOL!!

swampdragon
09-26-2010, 12:21 AM
No. I'm not really ready.

Yes...I have food, weapons, ammo, first aid supplies, etc...
Also lots of old fashioned hand tools that don't need electricity.
A bunch of camping gear and all that stuff.

Yes...I can be a total prick when I want to be.
So telling people to fuck off will be no problem either if they show up to mooch simply because they failed to prepare.

The hard part however will be the fact that I just can't stay awake all day and all night for months on end. So, trying to patrol and guard 30 acres will impossible to do around the clock.
I just can't think of a good plan for this that doesn't have some flaws no matter how I approach it.

Likewise, I have no night vision capability either...and it gets REALLY dark here at night.

O.S.O.K.
09-26-2010, 02:32 PM
No. I'm not really ready.

Yes...I have food, weapons, ammo, first aid supplies, etc...
Also lots of old fashioned hand tools that don't need electricity.
A bunch of camping gear and all that stuff.

Yes...I can be a total prick when I want to be.
So telling people to fuck off will be no problem either if they show up to mooch simply because they failed to prepare.

The hard part however will be the fact that I just can't stay awake all day and all night for months on end. So, trying to patrol and guard 30 acres will impossible to do around the clock.
I just can't think of a good plan for this that doesn't have some flaws no matter how I approach it.

Likewise, I have no night vision capability either...and it gets REALLY dark here at night.

Well, perhaps the answer to your dilema is to simply plan on having other people (family, good friends) come to your place in a SHTF situation - and prepare for it.

You wouldn't necessarily have to pay for any food, etc. if you had an "agreement" with them for this - and they provide the food, etc...?

That way you would have enough people to defend your place and also to work the gardens, tend the chickens, etc. etc.....

swampdragon
09-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Well, perhaps the answer to your dilema is to simply plan on having other people (family, good friends) come to your place in a SHTF situation - and prepare for it.

You wouldn't necessarily have to pay for any food, etc. if you had an "agreement" with them for this - and they provide the food, etc...?

That way you would have enough people to defend your place and also to work the gardens, tend the chickens, etc. etc.....

Yep. That's all I can think of too.
But I hate the idea of other people here.
It's a double-edged sword for sure.

HDR
09-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Yep. That's all I can think of too.
But I hate the idea of other people here.
It's a double-edged sword for sure.

Trusting the untrained under fire to hold their position because it covers yours?

Phewie, somehow that is not a pretty picture.

swampdragon
09-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Trusting the untrained under fire to hold their position because it covers yours?

Phewie, somehow that is not a pretty picture.

Nope. No it isn't. Agreed.

I suppose I could go with lots of barbed wire, tangle foot, motion sensor lights, trip flares and warning devices.....
but that is tough too when you have livestock wandering around.

DesertDawg
09-26-2010, 07:51 PM

I suppose I could go with lots of barbed wire, tangle foot, motion sensor lights, trip flares and warning devices.....

you could employ myself and a few I know that are like me..LOL:fighter2:

btcave
09-26-2010, 09:44 PM
you could employ myself and a few I know that are like me..LOL:fighter2:

We promise not to violate the sheep.

swampdragon
09-26-2010, 10:01 PM
I don't have any sheep.
Just cattle and horses running around.:laugh:

DesertDawg
09-27-2010, 10:11 AM
I don't have any sheep.
Just cattle and horses running around.:laugh:

Caveman can have the horses then..

HDR
09-27-2010, 03:57 PM

I never had to check behind me to see if they were there either. Its not what people think.

Some concertina with chickens etc makes an excellent alarm system; plus the eggs are free.

You can make poor man's breakwire, motion detectors activating a panel.

You have livestock; I have deer, bear etc.. lol

Zoff12
09-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Being a farm boy does have it's advantages. Already have barbed wire, cows, chickens, wild game, river and pond for fish, etc. Grew up hunting and fishing, learning how to grow things and slaughter animals. Most of my family from big cities have no clue how to survive.

HDR
09-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Being a farm boy does have it's advantages. Already have barbed wire, cows, chickens, wild game, river and pond for fish, etc. Grew up hunting and fishing, learning how to grow things and slaughter animals. Most of my family from big cities have no clue how to survive.

Chickens, chicken coops are nasty; I grew up with them so I know.. lol

I've seen quite a few houses with chickens, ducks and goats; I keep seeing more each year.

If and when the starving city people would ever head to the country; it will be a hell of a mess.

PS ground hog patrol can teach wind doping.. :D

El Jefe
09-27-2010, 04:44 PM

I've seen quite a few houses with chickens, ducks and goats; I keep seeing more each year.

If and when the starving city people would ever head to the country; it will be a hell of a mess.

Yeah they can be. Dad used to make my brother and I clean it out roughly once a week. I wish I could raise chickens here.

swampdragon
09-27-2010, 08:41 PM

If I ever do get chickens....I thought about lining the inside of the coup with plexi-glass or something I can hose off.
Oh...and I want one of these.....lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMGZMoENjcU&feature=related

HDR
10-03-2010, 07:21 AM
Yeah they can be. Dad used to make my brother and I clean it out roughly once a week. I wish I could raise chickens here.

We used the crap mixed with water as a fertilizer. I would dump it into a rain barrel where the "waste materials" and water would ferment into a nasty liquid fertilizer. The best part was fill a bucket and ladle it around tomato plants without getting any of it on the plants. It was one of the nastiest chores I had. The other extreme was shooting up 30 Cal ball, AP and tracers for reloading. If bullet pullers existed then my father never bought one or maybe I was cheaper?

FWIW, the downside of having enough chickens to supply your needs is there is usually extra eggs.. ;)

If I ever do get chickens....I thought about lining the inside of the coup with plexi-glass or something I can hose off.
Oh...and I want one of these.....

To let light in there were windows in the coops. Trust me chicken shit will stick to glass and dry; it will stick to glass, metal, and wood.