PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves!

El Duce
09-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Wife went to a church meeting last night. I was home with my son, as he wasn't feeling well. My wife also had a friend of our daughter with her. Well, around 8pm, my front door opens, and slams. I jump up, run to the front. It was the mother of the girl. Just let herself in. Partially my fault for not locking the door, or checking to see if it was locked. But I hate it when people just let themselves into my house.

I have know the woman for a long time. I told her that it was a good thing that I wasn't armed!

We watch my son's friend pretty much after school every day. The children play inside and out. His Dad likes to let himself in as well. Don't people knock anymore?

Cypher
09-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Yeah, that would get on my nerves too. Have you asked them not to do that?

Next time shoot the dad in the leg and say you thought someone was breaking in, lol, j/k.

El Duce
09-21-2010, 12:36 PM
And another one. It's my one day off. The plumber was supposed to call before 10 am. He calls at 11:30, tells me that he can meet me a Lowes after he runs to the pawn shop. It's now 1:30! I can't start any projects untill I meet him!! WTF!!

Randomluck
09-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Generally a "You're lucky I figured it was you, or you'd be dead right now walking into my house like that" works very very well. :biggrina:

El Duce
09-21-2010, 12:42 PM
Generally a "You're lucky I figured it was you, or you'd be dead right now walking into my house like that" works very very well. :biggrina:

Funny thing is. Both families KNOW that I carry around the house!! (Most of the time, I am off today, so I had a few beers last night.)

deth502
09-21-2010, 12:43 PM
i had a pet peeve, but i got rid of it when it wouldnt stop shitting on the rug.

El Jefe
09-21-2010, 12:55 PM
I would see that as being rude, and I'd let them know it. Hell, I knock when I go to my Mom's house.

Richard Simmons
09-21-2010, 01:02 PM
That's a tough one, two adults with no common sense. If it were me I'd try and be more diligent about keeping my doors locked though with your children being as young as they are I understand they are probably in and out quite a bit playing and enjoying life.

Other than that you really have no recourse other than to tell them they are not welcome to enter your house without being invited. Inconsiderate/stupid people are never easy to deal with but I would imagine they pull this shit at other people's homes too because no one else has jumped their shit about it.

Moebrown20
09-21-2010, 01:09 PM
i had a pet peeve, but i got rid of it when it wouldnt stop shitting on the rug.

LOL, that's who was crying outside.

elkydriver
09-21-2010, 01:09 PM
our babysitter will let herself in, but only after knocking first to let us know she is there. Other than that, anyone who comes unannounced, gets introduced to Mr Mossberg, and the dogs

El Duce
09-21-2010, 01:45 PM
That's a tough one, two adults with no common sense. If it were me I'd try and be more diligent about keeping my doors locked though with your children being as young as they are I understand they are probably in and out quite a bit playing and enjoying life.

Other than that you really have no recourse other than to tell them they are not welcome to enter your house without being invited. Inconsiderate/stupid people are never easy to deal with but I would imagine they pull this shit at other people's homes too because no one else has jumped their shit about it.

You are right. I didn't check the door last night. We had our children yesterday after school, plus two others.

davepool
09-21-2010, 03:02 PM

I used to have one of those too, only this one would shit outside my bedroom door and when i got up in the morning to stumble to the coffee pot,hello! warm shit squishing between my toes is a bad start to any day.

deth502
09-21-2010, 06:55 PM
LOL, that's who was crying outside.

was almost as bad as my pet rock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLvr8twnzNk