PDA

View Full Version : Wow what a week - ten friends have had deaths in the family :(

tank_monkey
09-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Does this happen in waves? or what? Ten friends, most with no connection to each other, have had sudden deaths of family members. Albeit all were elderly relatives, mostly mothers and fathers who either passed away in their sleep or collapsed in their homes, but still. I knock on wood, but seriously, this wave of 'passing away' is unsettling to me. I know it's inevitable but to tell you the truth, it always sucks when it happens :(

Looks like I'm going to a bunch of funerals :(

El Duce
09-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Very sorry to hear about it. Life is short. Appreciate what you have.

ATAK, Inc.
09-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Sorry to hear that. Sometimes it is like it is in waves, and that is double tough.

At least none were tragic accidents!

Penguin
09-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Sorry to hear that.

AKTexas
09-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Sorry for the loses.For awhile in my family we had either close friends or family members pass one or two a year for 6 years in a row.Some expected some not expected.I attended at least 2-3 funerals a year during that time.

tank_monkey
09-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Sorry for the loses.For awhile in my family we had either close friends or family members pass one or two a year for 6 years in a row.Some expected some not expected.I attended at least 2-3 funerals a year during that time.

I think it's a part of getting older. The only people I knew who passed away when I was in High School were the fools who crashed their motorcycles, or had a freak accident. Now at this age, EVERYONE is losing someone. Alas, it is a part of living. Which makes me believe that we should appreciate each and every day, and appreciate those around us as well :)

AKTexas
09-21-2010, 09:25 PM
I think it's a part of getting older. The only people I knew who passed away when I was in High School were the fools who crashed their motorcycles, or had a freak accident. Now at this age, EVERYONE is losing someone. Alas, it is a part of living. Which makes me believe that we should appreciate each and every day, and appreciate those around us as well :)

It is a part of getting old, but it my case the ages were all over the board.Some hidden illness,some old age,some reckless.Death has no design and is not biased by age,gender or race.

My ex lost her mother this year,sudden but expected.I cried more than my ex did,not for her loss but for my kids losing a grandmother and for the sad life that her mother lived.

American Rage
09-21-2010, 09:33 PM
The rapture has begun!

Rage:lool:

Sorry for your friends loss, I just couldn't help myself.

Rage

l921428x
09-22-2010, 05:01 AM
Not to sound crass, but in a way I am sort of glad I have no other parents or grandparents left to die. They all died before I was 43.
Sorry for the losses, they do hurt forever.