PDA

View Full Version : Judge won't dismiss case based on 'Stand Your Ground' law

windowlicker
09-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Are judges voted in? can we vote them out? I guess the kids where in a gang but where sons of some cop...... and they spray painted the guys car and wanted to beat the family up... so the guy is in jail for protecting his family... i think the NRA needs to get off there fucking ass and bust some fucking balls.

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2010/september/152079/Judge-wont-dismiss-case-based-on-Stand-Your-Ground-law

Richard Simmons
09-21-2010, 01:57 PM
First thing that comes to mind. Why not simply let the boy into the house and wait until police arrived? Not saying the man was in the wrong but rather why did he not take a less direct/confrontational route in dealing with the situation? From the looks of it he'd have been better off now if he had.

Dr. Gonzo GED
09-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Don't shit your pants until the outcome of the trial.

We haven't been presented with all the evidence, but were I on that jury, with what we have seen, I'd consider it a citizens arrest.

Threats had been made, the teens instigated the confrontation, and he was outnumbered.

Hopefully the jury will be sympathetic to the man.

Kadmos
09-21-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure "stand your ground" applies when you are the one with the gun and go outside and force kids to their knees.

This is a "no duty to retreat" law. If he is actively going outside, then actively detaining the kids...well it's easy to question whether or not he was "retreating" or "advancing".

It's just not a clear cut case.

That law may come in handy during trial (if it goes that far), but a judge is going to tend towards conservatism and let the jury decide.

windowlicker
09-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Its his home, They are advancing... There is no hill to climb, What the fuck is the guy suppose to do? climb up on his roof? I Think the kid was INSIDE the house..

How would you feel if i came to your house and busted your car windows out... you gonna fuckin shoot me? while I am walking off? I think you are allowed to arrest someone if they committing a felony... How can a wal mart stop a shop lifter?

Dr. Gonzo GED
09-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Its his home, They are advancing... There is no hill to climb, What the fuck is the guy suppose to do? climb up on his roof? I Think the kid was INSIDE the house..

How would you feel if i came to your house and busted your car windows out... you gonna fuckin shoot me? while I am walking off? I think you are allowed to arrest someone if they committing a felony... How can a wal mart stop a shop lifter?
If you came to my house and did that you would probably not make it off the property in any kind of healthy condition.

No, I wouldn't shoot you. I'd just kick your monkey ass till you look like hamburger, and then feed you to the trailer park full of Mexicans that live down the road. I'm sure they would have some kind of fun with a trouble maker starting shit in their neighborhood.

windowlicker
09-21-2010, 02:55 PM
so... you live in a trailer park full of Mexicans......

cciota
09-21-2010, 03:28 PM

I gather that reading comprehension wasn't your forte in school?

O.S.O.K.
09-21-2010, 04:24 PM
And the NRA isn't fucking "Batman". It's an organization who's purpose is to promote gun safety, marksmanship and collection and work for the preservation of the 2A.

The ACLU would be a better organziation to call on if they weren't a bunch of marxist hypocrites.

Richard Simmons
09-21-2010, 06:02 PM
So how many of you believe that "warning shots" should now be part of firearms/self defense training?

Dr. Gonzo GED
09-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Reading is fundamental dip shit.