PDA

View Full Version : Price check on HXP M2

Richard Simmons
10-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Found a couple of sellers looking to unload spam cans of Greek HXP M2 ball 30.06. Each can is 192rds in enbloc clips in bandoleers. Don't have a Garand anymore but I do have a 1903A3 and Large Marge to feed. Both sellers are asking $150 a can. I should clarify, one wants $150 the other wants $150 a can if you buy all five of the cans he has. The second guy is close enough to do a FTF. The CMP has been out of this ammo for almost two years but when in stock it was $137 per can shipped. Suppose I could sell the enbloc clips and recoup some of the cost. What do you think about the price? Was thinking of offering $100-$120 per can and see what the reaction is. I know this stuff is non-corrosive and boxer primed but I don't know how it shoots. Any information in that regard would also be appreciated.

P.S. I've got a pretty good stock of surplus ammo, Korean and Lake City and lots of once fired brass so I don't really NEED this stuff but I hate to pass on an opportunity if it presents itself.

alismith
10-19-2013, 07:55 PM
I'd offer $120 and see what happens.

The way I see it, you can never have enough ammo and if you have the money, go for it.

Schuetzenman
10-20-2013, 08:14 AM
Well Richard my take on it is that the ammo is way over priced. You're talking 78+ cents a round for $150 / can price. Just to make you sick I use to pay $48 per can for it which is less than 14 cents a round.

Yes it is boxer primed but the brass is soft and by the 3rd reloading the primer will not stay in the primer pocket. How it shoots is .... FANTASTIC! You won't find a more accurate M2 Ball surplus round. When it was 14 cents a round I would buy the shit out of it, sold tons of it when I was an 01 FFL. At 78 cents a round I'd say pass! In light of what you say about brass and loaded ammo on hand, I really say PASS!

I wouldn't give $120 a can for it let alone 150 a can for it. I would go as high as $90 / can for it just because it is vacuum or Nitrogen packed. The can will hiss when you open them usually and as such every round looks like it was made yesterday. It is great Caching ammo because of how it is packed, perfect for a prepper.

Richard Simmons
10-20-2013, 08:26 AM
Thanks. I remember getting a can of LC from the CMP every month or two years ago. Seems like I paid $75 + shipping and IIRC that was 400rds per can. Picked up a few cans of the PS and KA back when it was $75 or so a can. I'll probably just watch the sale ads for these two sellers and see if they start dropping their prices. Concerning surplus 30.06. The Koreans are getting rid of the last of their Garands and M1 carbines as we all know because of the on again off again import ban Obama has on them. Seems like you would get rid of the guns before the ammo so is there any Korean 30.06 headed to the market? The last batch ws dated for the 70's as I recall. I presume since they still had the Garands at that time they made more ammo so it would seem logical that some 1990-2000 dated ammo should be getting surplused out.