PDA

View Full Version : Anyone make any home made knives?

arcangel
11-01-2013, 03:40 AM
Again hopefully the pics work. Crappy phone. First one is what I kinda like, the dart. Second is just a peice of metal I found in the river near by, and wanted to do with files and then temper. Still working on it, but doing some polish too. Third is mean, its just 1060 bar from the steel shop, using a man hole cover in the woods for an anvil. Trying to make a 1700 court sword, and have started the epee grind, Ill try to get some more done and take a pic soon. It takes a while.

Schuetzenman
11-01-2013, 06:13 AM
Knives, yeah about 35 years ago I was into making knives. Sorry no photos. Mostly daggers, Bowie types, you seem to be making swords by contrast to my little projects.

Woogiebear
11-01-2013, 07:48 AM
I did a little knife making while I was living in Missouri. Buddy of mine had a small shop set up in his garage. None of the ones I made looked pretty, but his were pretty damn good.

Aggressive Perfector
11-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Well I have a piece of an aluminum casting that broke at work which I sharpened on a belt sander and wrapped sand paper around the base of... That count?

ready
11-01-2013, 03:38 PM
I made a couple out of old files. Never took a ny pics but they turned out really well. Very labor intensive though.

arcangel
11-01-2013, 04:19 PM
I feel sorry for the dudes that did metal work for a living. Lots of time and sometimes blood from all the nicks and cuts. I wish I would of jumped into it sooner.