PDA

View Full Version : OK Guys, Another Parts Bleg

hazmat
09-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Since the NDS 1 KP is a no go for the forseeable future, now I'm trying to get the other part I desperately need for this build.

I need a 7.62x39 Krink break for the threaded FSB. Either the booster or the 4-piece will work.

Kmart says they don't know when they'll get anymore in, DSA has them for sale on their site, but with no accompanying disclaimer that they're sold out, and I found out by talking to Krebs Customs today that Yugo M92 boosters won't thread on Bulgarian FSBs. Oh, and that cashcow that is Gunbroker is a bust as well.

Does anyone have one of these they would be willing to part with? I hate to beg, but I'm starting to get desperate here. Once upon a time you couldn't throw a rock and not hit a vendor that didn't have them in stock. Now, they're like hens teeth.

Thanks guys.

Ppsh41
09-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Did you try www.ak-103.com? Chris Butler has great US made compensators including Knink models listed on his website. I have 2 AK-74 style compesators that go on a Romanian threaded FSB, and they are really nice. IIRC, they run around $50 send him an email.

Hope that helps

hazmat
09-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Actually, no. I've hit just about every other parts distributor I can think of except them. I'll try to give them a call tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip!

ATAK, Inc.
09-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Hey hazmat,

I have the dimentional drawings for modifying a standard receiver to the left fold.

I did it to my SAR-1 and it turned out prefetc, just take your time!

hazmat
09-26-2010, 08:47 PM
If Harlan doesn't unass some receivers in the next, 2-3 weeks, I may be tossing you an email. One thing I've got is a Dremel and I ain't afraid to use it!

ATAK, Inc.
09-26-2010, 09:16 PM
If Harlan doesn't unass some receivers in the next, 2-3 weeks, I may be tossing you an email. One thing I've got is a Dremel and I ain't afraid to use it!

OK, I'll try scanning it to see how it comes out.

hazmat
09-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Did you try www.ak-103.com? Chris Butler has great US made compensators including Knink models listed on his website. I have 2 AK-74 style compesators that go on a Romanian threaded FSB, and they are really nice. IIRC, they run around $50 send him an email.

Hope that helps

Emailed them, and so far, no response. Last update on their website says 2008.

OTOH, I did 'find' what I'm looking for from JoeKen Firearms of all places. Fingers crossed as to how that little deal goes down.