PDA

View Full Version : So Vicky at the ATF seems nice. 9 months still.

arcangel
11-05-2013, 02:25 PM
So I finally called them to see whats up, she said they got it april 15th and told me I should be happy 9 months from then. At this point thats the most straight forward answer Ive gotten. So maybe in January, or December if they are kind and beleive in Christmas and santa.

L1A1Rocker
11-05-2013, 05:42 PM
So I finally called them to see whats up, she said they got it april 15th and told me I should be happy 9 months from then. At this point thats the most straight forward answer Ive gotten. So maybe in January, or December if they are kind and beleive in Christmas and santa.

That's odd. The last time I talked to Vicky she said they were not allowed to estimate approval like that any more. They were only allowed to say 15 months from time they received the application. That prompted a complaint letter to my congressman. I wonder if they've gone back to the old way of tracking an application through their processing quagmire.

arcangel
11-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Maybe they got enough complaints, or the shutdown didnt hurt as bad as they projected. 9 months sucks, but its better than 15. When I passed the first one they projected 6 to 7 months and only tok 5. So maybe thats just an estimate and the may do so sooner.

Partisan1983
11-06-2013, 04:41 PM
The thing that gets me is with todays technology, why the hell isn't it instant :pissed:

arcangel
11-06-2013, 05:16 PM
My local Sheriff is the man. He had my back ground check and his signature done in like 20 minutes. I had gotten the call to pick it up as soon as I got home from taking it to him. Total time under an hour. Thats how it needs to be for the atf if a person has already passed one through and paid. If not just totally rid of all together. Or at least reopen the MG registry for us damn. We cant catch any breaks.

Schuetzenman
11-06-2013, 07:43 PM
The thing that gets me is with todays technology, why the hell isn't it instant :pissed:

Isn't that the fricking truth! They must still be doing shit with paper and filing cabinets.