PDA

View Full Version : Need a little music help

darkheart
11-08-2013, 07:46 PM
I am a fan of rap/rock and rap/metal mashups. There was a music video from the late 90's maybe, had a bunch of rappers and other bands, and was set in a side view of an apartment building with the from missing so you could see into the apartments. Have I been smoking too many teaberry leaves or does anyone know what song/video I am talking about? Thanks for any help, this is driving me nuts.

Kadmos
11-08-2013, 07:55 PM
That was kind of a common thing in the 80's. You would see more than one room in the place. Can't recall any videos specifically, but do recall there were a few, plus it was used on some sitcoms.

Helen Keller
11-08-2013, 08:06 PM
:lool:

you even remember any words?

jojo
11-08-2013, 08:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoDY8ce_3zk

TEN-32
11-08-2013, 08:13 PM
When Aerosmith and Run DMC collaborated on "Walk This Way" I predicted the end of rock and roll. It has gone downhill since then. Rap/Hip Hop is the only musical form that I truly detest. Motown, blues, soul, all good...rap just makes me want to puke.

Dr. Gonzo GED
11-08-2013, 08:21 PM
?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfFD709OtFM

darkheart
11-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Gonzo you are on the right track, the Judgement Night soundtrack is full of my faves, but this song I am thinking of had several bands all collaborating, thus the scenes from different apartments in one building. The new Eminem song Berzerk reminded me if it, and I wish I could remember at least one of the bands in it.

Oswald Bastable
11-08-2013, 09:21 PM
When Aerosmith and Run DMC collaborated on "Walk This Way" I predicted the end of rock and roll. It has gone downhill since then. Rap/Hip Hop is the only musical form that I truly detest. Motown, blues, soul, all good...rap just makes me want to puke.

There's a reason it's called İRap...

Aggressive Perfector
11-08-2013, 11:10 PM
^This. I like my Rock and Metal, but I tend to completely ignore the mashups.