PDA

View Full Version : Sup, bitches?

El Jefe
11-09-2013, 05:45 PM
So, is everyone enjoying their weekend? Hopefully so.

Matt and I laid out the stakes for the temporary pole structure I'm building in the backyard.

It was almost like actual work so I'm kicking back with an Amstel and a RASS.

You? ;)

TEN-32
11-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Life sucks.:pissin-chipmunk2:Piss on it.

El Jefe
11-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Life sucks.:pissin-chipmunk2:Piss on it.

Well that doesn't sound good, whats the deal?

TEN-32
11-10-2013, 07:47 AM
Long story...24 year old step-son. Family shit. Holidays around the corner. My troubles are nothing compared to those of many others.

On another note, here is my gift this Thanksgiving season to all my fellow Humidoristas. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBmCJEehYtU

El Jefe
11-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Long story...24 year old step-son. Family shit. Holidays around the corner. My troubles are nothing compared to those of many others.

On another note, here is my gift this Thanksgiving season to all my fellow Humidoristas. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBmCJEehYtU

Hang tight, Bro.

Oh and I ain't clicking on that link. ;)

TEN-32
11-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Oh and I ain't clicking on that link. ;)

Hit it. Its harmless.

El Jefe
11-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Hit it. Its harmless.

Here, hold my beer....

;)

El Jefe
11-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Speaking of which, burning a Party D-4 and swilling some Evan Williams. :)

TEN-32
11-10-2013, 04:14 PM

Nice. Evan has a price/quality ratio that is damn near impossible to beat. I just finished a Vegas 5 and a diet coke.

El Jefe
11-10-2013, 04:25 PM
Nice. Evan has a price/quality ratio that is damn near impossible to beat. I just finished a Vegas 5 and a diet coke.

Good stuff. Tho, Buffalo Trace has to be the best bargain in the whiskey world. Regular EW is good, tho the single barrel, as you know, is way nice. :)

Which 5-V did you burn?

TEN-32
11-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Not sure...it was about a 7x50 with a light wrapper. Mild. Gold lettering on the band. Decent but MILD. :cigarsmoking:

El Jefe
11-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Not sure...it was about a 7x50 with a light wrapper. Mild. Gold lettering on the band. Decent but MILD. :cigarsmoking:

Um, thats a 5V Gold. I think I might know where you got it. ;)

TEN-32
11-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Um, thats a 5V Gold. I think I might know where you got it. ;)

I've received a few of them recently...I know you sent some. I still have one left, a figurado.

http://imageshack.us/a/img28/1489/63nw.jpg

CigarGuy
11-10-2013, 05:23 PM
That's my boy!

El Jefe
11-11-2013, 06:57 PM
That's my boy!

I still haven't made it to the store to restock the whiskey supply. Drove to northern Missouri today, gonna do it again tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, we're supposed to have a high of around 30, plus it might rain/snow. :holy-sheep:

El Jefe
11-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Geeze, it got down to 17 degrees last night, that sucks.

I got my Uncles Mustang sold to a fellow in Texas, which was cool, but I had to make sure it was running and drivable so his car carrier company could pick it up. The car has to be driven onto the car carrier. I had no idea how long it had been since the car had been driven, I thought last summer, but it could have been the summer before. Anyway I got to the garage its stored in and all 4 tires are flat and the battery is stone dead. So I put a trickle charger on the battery, air the tires up and went back to see if it would run this morning. As I took the charger off I had all kinds of great thoughts going through my mind. If this damned thing wouldn't start with a charged battery I'd have to figure out what the problem was. I got in it and turned it over, the battery had charged well and the motor turned, it just didn't start. I got out and took the breather off to see if I could see or smell any gas making it to the carb. After pumping it several times I finally did smell fuel just a bit so I gave a shot of ether and tried it again. It turned over probably 10 -12 times before finally starting. It coughed a few times and ran pretty rough for awhile but it eventually smoothed out and ran pretty good. I had no idea how long the gas had been in the car so I poured a bottle of heet in it. I also checked the battery for water before I charged it and it needed a good bit of water to top it off. Good thing I took a gallon of distilled water with me.

The guy has paid for the car via my paypal account, so now its his as soon as the carrier gets there. I also had a guy come by while I was there asking about the house. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll buy the place. So now I've got the truck, the car, his pontoon boat and the cabin at the lake sold. Now I just need to move the house in Brookfield and the place in Texas. Now that its cold, that trip to south Texas doesn't seem like the chore it did a month ago. ;)

Oh, on another note, I mentioned here recently that I had finally gotten the box of RASS in. There was some sort of issue with US Customs, so the supplier sent another box. Cool, but today another box shows up. Not sure what the deal is yet, all I know is I've got plenty of these bad boys for the time being! ;)

TEN-32
11-13-2013, 07:38 AM
Glad to hear things are moving forward. An extra box of RASS is just icing on the cake!

El Jefe
11-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Glad to hear things are moving forward. An extra box of RASS is just icing on the cake!

Thanks. I need to contact those guys and see if they need me to pay for the 2nd box. I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but ya never know, I could get lucky.

Matt, what are your lows looking like up there each evening? It was 22 degrees when I got up this morning at about 6:30. :freeze:

TEN-32
11-13-2013, 08:52 AM
I'd wait for them to contact you...either way they have your CC info.

Mid teens here over night. Back up to the 50s by the weekend. Right now we have an inch of snow on the ground. Winter snuck up on me this year. I still have to winterize the bike which involves a short ride to the gas station. :big-eye-eek:

El Jefe
11-13-2013, 09:12 AM
I'd wait for them to contact you...either way they have your CC info.

Mid teens here over night. Back up to the 50s by the weekend. Right now we have an inch of snow on the ground. Winter snuck up on me this year. I still have to winterize the bike which involves a short ride to the gas station. :big-eye-eek:

That'll learn ya.;)

Matt my eldest boy and I winterized the camper here about 3 weeks ago. I'm glad now we went ahead and did it. It isn't hard to winterize, but you do have to get under it and unscrew 4 waterline caps and then when the waters out get back down in the wet gravel and put them back on. Guess who got down in the gravel and who supervised. ;) Its a good thing that kid jams on the idea of doing "grown man mechanical stuff".

TEN-32
11-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I have this annual bad habit of expecting an Indian Summer and that I'll be riding into December or at least Thanksgiving. Its not really a big deal, just a 2 minute scoot up to the corner, top off the tank, dump in some Seafoam, burn off the gas in the fuel line, hook up Battery Tender, cover til spring. Unfortunately I have no worker bees to supervise...LOL.

El Jefe
11-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I have this annual bad habit of expecting an Indian Summer and that I'll be riding into December or at least Thanksgiving. Its not really a big deal, just a 2 minute scoot up to the corner, top off the tank, dump in some Seafoam, burn off the gas in the fuel line, hook up Battery Tender, cover til spring. Unfortunately I have no worker bees to supervise...LOL.

Well, on the bright side, you don't have to feed these two either. :dammit: ;)

TEN-32
11-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Oh trust me, I fed two and then some...and then some more...wisdom gleaned from hard earned experience? Advice? They don't want that so much. Money to fix whatever crisis they are experiencing in life because they didn't listen? Yeah, thats the one...Actually one of them is great its the 24 year old that is grinding my gears. Typical "victim class"...never his own fault, always excuses...you know the story.

El Jefe
11-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Oh trust me, I fed two and then some...and then some more...wisdom gleaned from hard earned experience? Advice? They don't want that so much. Money to fix whatever crisis they are experiencing in life because they didn't listen? Yeah, thats the one...Actually one of them is great its the 24 year old that is grinding my gears. Typical "victim class"...never his own fault, always excuses...you know the story.

Thus far we've been lucky, but they're only 16 and 13 right now. The worst we've had is the occasional scuffle with a classmate, normal boy stuff. Tho that said, the way they look at this kind of thing is getting beyond weird. When I was a kid if someone needed an adjustment, you gave it to them. If a teacher or coach witnessed it they would of course break it up and perhaps send you to the office. Even then it was just a talking to and a threat to call your Dad. But today, even over a harsh word, like calling someone a dumbass, its a major deal and you have to go in and talk to the principle and the counselor. Totally stupid, but thats the PC nanny state for you.

Now, as far as an older kid, I dunno, I haven't been there, not from the adult side. When I was a teen my Dad always said that if I got in trouble with the authorities or got in a bind due to a poor decision, I had best figure a way out of it because he had little interest in paying for my stupidity. I'm 100% convinced he meant it, and luckily enough I never got in a serious jamb.

Matt, the 24 year old you're dealing with, is that a stepchild by chance? I don't envy you if it is, I can see that being a sticky deal.

Personally, and I've said this before, I practice the Vince Lombardi, method of child rearing. Time will tell how well it has worked, but as of now, they know going against my wishes can have dire goddamn consequences! ;)

TEN-32
11-13-2013, 06:30 PM
Matt, the 24 year old you're dealing with, is that a stepchild by chance? I don't envy you if it is, I can see that being a sticky deal.

You've got the picture...