PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have personal experience with EAA's Windicator .357 revolver?

NewbieAKguy
11-13-2013, 05:35 AM
I saw this posted on FB: http://www.slickguns.com/product/eaa-windicator-357-4in-fs-blued-black-synthetic-grips-revolver-25898-free-shipping, and with it having a ballpark price of $260 I wouldn't mind adding one to my collection some day so I can help new shooters try both revolvers and semi-autos, and when I become an instructor I can do the same...and get more time on a revolver myself so I at least have an idea of what I'm talking about :).

I know EAA's CZ copies tend to get good reviews, thought I'd ask the group about this. TIA!

Schuetzenman
11-13-2013, 07:04 AM
Sorry no experience with that one.

Tomac yokctep
11-13-2013, 07:11 AM
Did you check YouTube ?

weevil
11-13-2013, 12:42 PM
They're a cheap and not very high quality revolver.

EAA is just an importer, the CZ clones are from Italy and the Windicators are made by a German company.

Good truck gun for the glovebox but they are an alloy frame so they will get shot out and loose pretty quick especially if you feed it a steady diet of .357 magnum.

You're better off saving your pennies and getting a Smith or a Ruger if actually plan on shooting it much.

NewbieAKguy
11-14-2013, 12:54 AM
Did you check YouTube ?
I first read reviews from the other vendors listed in the link...it was a mix of good and bad, didn't get to youtube yet.

I'll prob go with what weevil suggested and eventually get a Ruger. With the Windicator going for $260ish i thought I might as well ask around and maybe stumble upon a diamond in the rough. Chances are I'd only ever fire .38spl or even .38spl+p out of it....mostly use it for a familiarization tool. I'd only go .357 a few times just to say I did and if/when I ever got the impulse to try deer hunting with a handgun in my neck of the woods.

weevil
11-14-2013, 08:45 PM
If you're not gonna shoot it much they're probably OK.

My own experience is shooting one a guy wanted to include on a trade. I wasn't impressed. It worked fine but the fit and finish was really crude looking, the bore wasn't even crowned at the muzzle, and the trigger was hard and gravelly feeling with a mushy break.

Honestly I'd rather have a Taurus revolver at least they look decent.