PDA

View Full Version : A reason to love Katee Sackoff (aka Starbuck in Battlestar Galactica)

tank_monkey
11-22-2013, 02:47 PM
I know this is back from JUNE, but I didn't see it here. Forgive me if I'm re-treading old news for you guys :D

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/06/10/Actress-Tweets-Gun-Safety-Instead-Of-Gun-Control-Loses-Half-Her-Twitter-Followers
http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Hollywood/2013/06/10/katee/katee_sackhoff.jpg

On June 10 Battlestar Galactica actress Katee Sackhoff tweeted about gun safety and countered a follower's pro-gun control tweet--as a result she lost half of her Twitter followers--or about 100,000 people.

How do you lose 100K twitter followers so quickly? Are there 100K idiots out there who move and work in conjunction with each other? All she did was (a) NOT BUDGE on the subject of gun bans and (b) pushed Safety and common sense ahead of regulations. Apparently her opinions were 'too pro gun' for her fans. WTF? Her entire character on the show fought with guns all the time.

alismith
11-22-2013, 06:03 PM
I fail to see how Twitter is so damned important. Does her "loss" of 100K twitter followers calculate into a drastic monetary deficiency?

Is Twitter the be-all-end-all of a person's life? Does she have to hang her head in shame, change her name and address and assume a whole new life?

Actually, in terms of real-world issues, who gives a flying f*ck about Twitter?

If a person gauges their life on their Twitter popularity, it's time they reevaluated their priorities in life.

El Jefe
11-22-2013, 06:25 PM
I'm with Ali, twitter makes no goddamn sense to me.

tank_monkey
11-22-2013, 10:50 PM
I fail to see how Twitter is so damned important. Does her "loss" of 100K twitter followers calculate into a drastic monetary deficiency?

Is Twitter the be-all-end-all of a person's life? Does she have to hang her head in shame, change her name and address and assume a whole new life?

Actually, in terms of real-world issues, who gives a flying f*ck about Twitter?

If a person gauges their life on their Twitter popularity, it's time they reevaluated their priorities in life.

Twitter doesn't make you money. However it is a tool used by MANY people, agencies, advertisers, Network Execs, producers, clients, etc. to see how 'popular you are' or if you are a 'household name' or not. Having MILLIONS of twitter followers means you're golden when it comes to ad endorsements, etc. Again, it's only meta data and only paints a part of the picture, but if your job requires you to be well known or 'BANKABLE" (which is very important to actors or celebs or politicians) then having big Twitter numbers is very important.

You guys, on the other hand can have 2 Twitter followers and no one would care. We're nobodies. Thus it doesn't matter to us. But it DOES matter to certain people.

Schuetzenman
11-23-2013, 11:46 AM
Well if I had a twitter account, (never will most likely) I'd sign up to follow her just to say I agree with her 2A stance. I suspect the 100K loss of followers is reflective of the indoctrination the Public School systems have done on the empty headed young skulls of mush they have control of.

Altarboy
11-23-2013, 06:30 PM
I love hot chicks with short hair.