PDA

View Full Version : Gunshow Acquisitions from This Weekend.

BigDumbGerman
09-22-2010, 10:39 PM
I picked up a Kel Tec PF9 for $250 this weekend at the fun show. One mag, hard case, manual. Fired about 150 rounds through it so far and like it. Good carry piece. Wish mags were more available as I could use a couple spares. Not really the type of gun you're probably going to have to reload quick or frequently. I'm either gonna get the job done with 8 rounds or they'll bag it when they bag me. Still better than a .32 or .380.

Not gun related, so I won't go into detail but I did score a cheap compound bow I'm digging. Gotta build my pecs and biceps and grow my hair out so I can be Rambo!

Got some ammo and 26.5mm flares and what not... 20 round fixed SKS mag that needs some filing done to be reliable and a 5 round AK mag for shooting deers and such.

Not a bad gunshow. I also unloaded a metric shit-ton of ACU-camo, Multicam and Coyote nylon and can walk through the gunroom now without stepping over mounds of un-used gear.

Hope it found good homes.

BDG

AKTexas
09-23-2010, 09:21 AM
I picked up a Kel Tec PF9 for $250 this weekend at the fun show. One mag, hard case, manual. Fired about 150 rounds through it so far and like it. Good carry piece. Wish mags were more available as I could use a couple spares. Not really the type of gun you're probably going to have to reload quick or frequently. I'm either gonna get the job done with 8 rounds or they'll bag it when they bag me. Still better than a .32 or .380.

Not gun related, so I won't go into detail but I did score a cheap compound bow I'm digging. Gotta build my pecs and biceps and grow my hair out so I can be Rambo!

Got some ammo and 26.5mm flares and what not... 20 round fixed SKS mag that needs some filing done to be reliable and a 5 round AK mag for shooting deers and such.

Not a bad gunshow. I also unloaded a metric shit-ton of ACU-camo, Multicam and Coyote nylon and can walk through the gunroom now without stepping over mounds of un-used gear.

BDG

Tell me more about the bow,I'm wanting to get another since my was stolen 20 years ago.I am amazed at the variety and selection of bows.The technology has changed so much I have no idea where to start.

hazmat
09-23-2010, 01:38 PM

BDG

Was that you who was drooling on the Johnson semi-auto?

az_paul
09-23-2010, 11:22 PM
If the 20-round SKS magazine was one of the originals, that's a great find. Congrats on your haul!!

BigDumbGerman
09-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Yes, I had to drool at the Johnson Semi-Auto. You don't see 'em that often and it was in NICE shape.

As far as the bow, I've never owned one before and am still learning myself. Figured it couldn't hurt to learn another weapon system. I had a guy at work look at it (he shoots in competitions) and said it's a lower-end department store bow that sold for up to $150. Good to learn on and possibly hunt with. Now, it's hard to find any compound bow for less than $300.

BDG

hazmat
09-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Yeah, that Johnson had a real pretty price tag on it, too. That dude has had some stuff that was pretty cool, but when it came to the price tags, as Surly would say "He's free-basing dogshit".

I've still got my PSE Challenger from when I was a kid. Bought for me by my Dad for my first elk hunt. The only thing I need to replace is the string and it's still GTG. One of these days I may get back into the whole bow shooting thing, but for now, I prefer to make my kills in the field from a little further away than 40 yds. I'm not so good at putting the big sneak on anything other than my wife in the hallway anymore, so the whole bowhunting thing is not really for me anymore.

What I wish I had was my Dad's old bow, a High Country Eliminator. Kind of a Frankenbow, made from parts from all different makes. Had a minimum draw weight of 90 lbs, and his was set at 110. As the proverbial 110 lb weakling growing up, it was all I could do to get it drawn. The real fun was trying to get it back down without launching myself across the room ala Wylie Coyote.

BigDumbGerman
09-28-2010, 10:13 PM
I dunno, for the availability and condition, the price wasn't that bad I thought. I can't afford it, but I prefer to hate the game instead of the player (that's not true, some of his other prices did indicate 'alternate' substance abuse patters).

I'm not a bow-hunter, yet. I know lots at work and could probably get into it in time. Still working on the pecs, biceps and long hair though. That, and NO PLACE sells skin-tight black BDU pants anymore... bummer. Ruins the look. :biggrina:

BDG