PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving fellas!

El Jefe
11-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Hope you guys are enjoying your turkey day. Lots of football on today, the Wife is going to bake a ham, should be great. :)

Might have to break into that new jug of Elijah Craig, or might get into some Balvenie, dunno. Probably burn a RASS or two.

El Jefe
11-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Hey, kids, hope thing are cool your way. Gawd, I'm stuffed. Been sipping on some Buffalo Trace and burning an Epi-#2 while watching the Green Bay vs Detroit game.

Yes I changed my mind on hooch and stogie, I kinda just grabbed the first thing there once us guys retreated back here to watch the game. ;)

CigarGuy
11-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Hello from chilly Florida. It's 60 out and I've got a sweatshirt and stocking hat on! Ain't stoppin'
me! ;)
Been hittin' these Revelations kinda hard and had egg nog with Old Grand Dad BIB 100, before noon.
Slept THAT off.....

TEN-32
11-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Back at ya Jeffy. I'm choking down a 5Vegas with some Evan and coke while the bird gets all warm and happy in the Primo. I can't lift the lid quite yet...you understand. If you're lookin ya ain't cookin'!
http://imageshack.us/a/img577/1356/wld4.jpg

El Jefe
11-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Hello from chilly Florida. It's 60 out and I've got a sweatshirt and stocking hat on! Ain't stoppin'
me! ;)
Been hittin' these Revelations kinda hard and had egg nog with Old Grand Dad BIB 100, before noon.
Slept THAT off.....

Well goddamn, Stan. 60 is some of my personal favorite temps. Its 52 here at the moment according to my weather center. ;)

Ugh, not a fan of eggnog, but will swill in a festive pinch. Kinda funny you've already had a hooch nap. :dammit::lol2:

El Jefe
11-28-2013, 03:11 PM
Back at ya Jeffy. I'm choking down a 5Vegas with some Evan and coke while the bird gets all warm and happy in the Primo. I can't lift the lid quite yet...you understand. If you're lookin ya ain't cookin'!
http://imageshack.us/a/img577/1356/wld4.jpg

Dude, you're my hero!!!

It sucks our towns are so far apart. You, I, Stan, Doc, Matt, and others could have a bitchin party!!!

TEN-32
11-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Cheers gents! :cigarsmoking:http://primogrillforum.com/forums/images/smilies/grilling_smilie.gifhttp://primogrillforum.com/forums/images/smilies/cheers.gif
http://imageshack.us/a/img811/3822/u4c6.jpg

El Jefe
11-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Send me one of those leg-thighs in the mail, fucker! ;)

CigarGuy
11-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Don't forget to wish your token a Happy Chanukah?!

TEN-32
11-28-2013, 05:22 PM

Mozel Tov!

El Jefe
11-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Um, speak Merican you bastages! ;)

L1A1Rocker
11-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Happy Turkey day fellas. We're digging into the pies now. . . .

El Jefe
11-28-2013, 11:59 PM

Happy Chanukah! What did you have for dinner? ;)

El Jefe
11-29-2013, 12:01 AM
Happy Turkey day fellas. We're digging into the pies now. . . .

Oh hey, I like pie! Had the little woman fix me a cherry pie, her and the boys had pumpkin.

TEN-32
11-29-2013, 06:15 AM
Trayvon Martini=:martinismiley:
2 parts Black Death vodka
1 part Arizona watermelon juice
garnish with Skittles
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/villagestreetwear_2287_2240441519
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bd/Black_Death_Vodka.jpg

mrkalashnikov
11-29-2013, 05:29 PM
Late to the party but cheers to all my bros in El Humidore!

My son and I went out to our favorite range today & celebrated the Pilgrims by firing off a few hundred rounds of 5.56x45 and 5.45x39 high velocity ammo through some nice black guns. Nothing says "The Holidays" like heating up some of Stoner's & Kalashnikov's toys. ;)

Seriously, it was nice to get out in the crisp 35 degree weather in rural Indiana after OD'ing on turkey and football all day yesterday, lol.

TEN-32
11-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Late to the party but cheers to all my bros in El Humidore!

My son and I went out to our favorite range today & celebrated the Pilgrims by firing off a few hundred rounds of 5.56x45 and 5.45x39 high velocity ammo through some nice black guns. Nothing says "The Holidays" like heating up some of Stoner's & Kalashnikov's toys. ;)

Seriously, it was nice to get out in the crisp 35 degree weather in rural Indiana after OD'ing on turkey and football all day yesterday, lol.

Sounds like a great day, Matt. I spent the day today at home with the wife putting up the tree and other Christmas decorations.

CigarGuy
11-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Happy Chanukah! What did you have for dinner? ;)
Ok. On the back porch. 75 out. House wide open and airing out!
Holiday dinner will be tonight. Party of 12. Weather will be great as we'll be able to be
on porch to eat and smoke. Potato latkes are the food of choice. Soon as I finish this cigar, it's
inside to shred 10 lbs of potato and a couple onions. Frying starts at 6!

El Jefe
11-30-2013, 12:54 PM
Ok. On the back porch. 75 out. House wide open and airing out!
Holiday dinner will be tonight. Party of 12. Weather will be great as we'll be able to be
on porch to eat and smoke. Potato latkes are the food of choice. Soon as I finish this cigar, it's
inside to shred 10 lbs of potato and a couple onions. Frying starts at 6!

I don't guess I've ever heard of them. But, cool, enjoy! ;)

El Jefe
11-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Ah, looked them up, its a traditional Hanukkah meal.

So, what accompanying sauces will you have and why are there multiple spellings for this holiday? :)

mrkalashnikov
11-30-2013, 02:47 PM
I loves me some fresh latkes. One nice thing thing about my AO, there's no shortage of Jewish delis to chow down at.

mrkalashnikov
11-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Sounds like a great day, Matt. I spent the day today at home with the wife putting up the tree and other Christmas decorations.

Well, the missus & meself just got done putting up our Christmas lights & wreath on the outside of the shack. She decorated the inside of the house the other day, she really loves doing that shyte this time of year. We'll be getting our Yule Tree sometime this coming week.

Me, I prefer to watch her work as I sit on the couch swilling my vino & beer, letting off the occasional loud fart or belch. :googoo: :wink:

TEN-32
11-30-2013, 05:33 PM
There was a fabulous deli not too far from me called Belden Deli, too bad it closed. Kreplach soup, corned beef on rye, lox, all the good stuff.

CigarGuy
12-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Ah, looked them up, its a traditional Hanukkah meal.

So, what accompanying sauces will you have and why are there multiple spellings for this holiday? :)

Sour creme or apple sauce.
Multiple spellings because Hebrew isn't written in "letters" that we are accustomed to. Thus, the transliteration
can be spelled however the phonics sound to the writer.

El Jefe
12-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Sour creme or apple sauce.
Multiple spellings because Hebrew isn't written in "letters" that we are accustomed to. Thus, the transliteration
can be spelled however the phonics sound to the writer.

I figured on the spelling. Also the recipe I found for latkes had those two, sour cream and applesauce. It looks to me like these are basically hashbrowns with egg added before frying. I may have to try mixing some up. Do you have a favorite recipe?

TEN-32
12-02-2013, 07:07 PM
In this area Friday fish fries are popular. They usually come with a choice of potato which includes potato pancakes. I imagine these are similar to latkes. I always go with sour cream AND applesauce. Good eats baby!

El Jefe
12-02-2013, 08:22 PM
In this area Friday fish fries are popular. They usually come with a choice of potato which includes potato pancakes. I imagine these are similar to latkes. I always go with sour cream AND applesauce. Good eats baby!

Oh yeah, fish on Friday in this German Catholic community. In my experience potato pancakes are made from mashed potatoes, I thought latkes were shredded?

TEN-32
12-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Around here they are shredded...:conf44:

CigarGuy
12-04-2013, 08:47 AM
HAND shredded potato's, eggs, matzo meal, and onions.

El Jefe
12-04-2013, 12:55 PM
HAND shredded potato's, eggs, matzo meal, and onions.

What the heck is matzo meal?

CigarGuy
12-04-2013, 01:29 PM
What the heck is matzo meal?
You REALLY ARE a creepy ass cracker, aren't you...........;)
You know what matzo is? Those sheets of crap we have to eat at Passover. Meal is those
ground up pretty fine. Not to a powder, but close.

El Jefe
12-04-2013, 01:46 PM
You REALLY ARE a creepy ass cracker, aren't you...........;)
You know what matzo is? Those sheets of crap we have to eat at Passover. Meal is those
ground up pretty fine. Not to a powder, but close.

Nope, I've never seen nor heard of such a thing. What is this matzo made of?