PDA

View Full Version : make water out of air.

Meat-Hook
09-23-2010, 01:57 AM
check it out:
http://www.ecoloblue.com/home-office?siteID=8ZCsNVDFcj8-XJgqcorUaG.revhvcDbEWA

El Jefe
09-23-2010, 07:58 AM
Aren't these machines just a fancy version of a dehumidifier?

azhonkey
09-23-2010, 08:18 AM
don't know how good they would work in arizona,low humidity some days under 10%.

NRAJOE
09-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Watched "Pimp my ride"...they put something like that in a car...pretty cool.

O.S.O.K.
09-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Aren't these machines just a fancy version of a dehumidifier?

:lool:

Yep.

I'm kinda partial to a driven point well myself.... where feasible.

HDR
09-24-2010, 07:40 PM
:lool:

Yep.

I'm kinda partial to a driven point well myself.... where feasible.

According to the well drillers; 40-60 then 200 to 240 of solid rock; definitely a non-feasible here.

Edit:
After I took a look: http://www.ecoloblue.com/technology with UV etc they are not quite your every day dehumidifier.

Mark Ducati
09-24-2010, 09:44 PM
So its a dehumidifier that makes A LOT of water... 30 L per day....

So?

I don't get it?

What do you do with the water? The top unit is $1600 bucks.

Do you store the water in a 1000 gal tank? 5000 gal? How are you going to pressurize it for your home? In a SHTF, that needs electricity to run... first thing that's going to go down.

You'd be better off drilling a well and using a hand pump.

Guess I'm missing the point of this thing... sounds like a democraps "wet dream" pardon the pun.

5 gallons a day... I'm sure it would taste better, but in a SHTF it'd be quicker to pull some water out of the creek/pond and boil it?

Mark Ducati
09-24-2010, 09:46 PM
However, if you've gone green with solar pannels or a windmill.... this makes sense. Guess I'm digging too deep and reading too much into this thing?

DesertDawg
09-25-2010, 08:25 AM

So?

I don't get it?

What do you do with the water? The top unit is $1600 bucks.

How are you going to pressurize it for your home? In a SHTF, that needs electricity to run... first thing that's going to go down.

Gravity my friend...When I was a much younger man, I grew up really poor, and we got all our water from a spring head. It fed into a huge collection tank, 1000 gal if I remember correctly and it was all gravity fed to the house.

You start out with a larger pipe and gradually go to a smaller one to get more pressure. Its not great, but it works.

El Jefe
09-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Gravity my friend...When I was a much younger man, I grew up really poor, and we got all our water from a spring head. It fed into a huge collection tank, 1000 gal if I remember correctly and it was all gravity fed to the house.

You start out with a larger pipe and gradually go to a smaller one to get more pressure. Its not great, but it works.

Yep, you could also do something similar with a rainwater cistern, you could easily filter the rainwater with a simple gravel/sand/charcoal filter, gravity fed, and then treat the water with bleach or pool chlorine to be safe. This would work great if you couldn't sink a well and requires no electricity.

HDR
09-25-2010, 05:17 PM

Being interesting is a long way off from being interested in buying.

5 gallons a day... I'm sure it would taste better, but in a SHTF it'd be quicker to pull some water out of the creek/pond and boil it?

Unless your shtf world includes electricity digging a well would be quicker.

lol