PDA

View Full Version : Bell city CA councilmen

Paradox
09-23-2010, 10:14 AM
I sent an email to MSNBC and asked why the party affiliation of the Bell CA city councilmen were not identified in any of their news reports. Here was the reply.

The elected officials in Bell, CA, as in many California cities, are non-partisan office holders. They do not run with the support of any political party. For the purposes of this story it doesn't matter whether they're registered to vote as Democrats or as Republicans. The question here is did they loot the city's treasury to the tune of $5.5 million?

George Lewis
NBC News correspondent
george.lewis@nbcuni.com
3000 W. Alameda Avenue, Room 4227
Burbank, CA 91523
Office: (818) 840-4884
Mobile: (818) 625-1663

ATAK, Inc.
09-23-2010, 10:36 AM
In other words, they are more than likely dims, and the liberal media wants to brush that part under the rug!!!

Paradox
09-23-2010, 11:03 AM
In other words, they are more than likely dims, and the liberal media wants to brush that part under the rug!!!

Correct, however I did research this,and found that they are all Dems.

ATAK, Inc.
09-23-2010, 11:17 AM

LOL! Go Figure! Good job on the digging!

El Jefe
09-23-2010, 11:33 AM
LOL! Go Figure! Good job on the digging!

No doubt, great work there Paradox. I'm also surprised that you got a response from NBC, but not surprised that shady politicians from Kommifornia are Democrats. I also disagree that their party affiliation is irrelevant to the story, because you can bet your last dollar that had they been Republican it would have been included in the story.

AKTexas
09-23-2010, 11:35 AM
With the response you got,that was a dead give away as to what party they were affiliated with.

azhonkey
09-23-2010, 01:36 PM

you need to send that to "hanity" so he can point that out on his nightly tv show.

MOP
09-23-2010, 02:45 PM
The democrats, during the '08 election, were complaining

about the Culture of Corruption.................................lol

Happy Hooligan
09-23-2010, 09:33 PM
The sad thing is that once released from jail, many of these politicians will hold public office again.

Gunreference1
10-21-2010, 05:44 AM
California city officials head to court in pay scandal case

By the CNN Wire Staff
October 21, 2010 1:16 a.m. EDT

(CNN) -- Eight former or current officials of Bell, California, who have been accused of stealing city funds, are scheduled to be arraigned Thursday.

The original arraignment had been scheduled for September, but was postponed after a defense attorney asked for more time.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/21/california.bell.case/index.html

Steve

Gunner1558
10-21-2010, 10:52 AM
No political party named?

Automatically Dimocrap!

Gunreference1
12-20-2010, 07:05 AM
Bell nearly broke, faces drastic cuts, audit finds

Scandal-racked city, with a deficit of several million, may have to eliminate police and contract with the Sheriff's Department due to high salaries and pensions.

By Jeff Gottlieb and Ruben Vives, Los Angeles Times
December 18, 2010

Scandal-plagued Bell is hovering on the brink of insolvency and drastic cuts in city services — including disbanding the Police Department — probably will be necessary to fix its finances, according to a review of the city's books that Los Angeles County officials plan to release next month.

The report by the Los Angeles County auditor-controller paints the most dire financial picture yet of the southeast Los Angeles County city, where eight current and former city officials have been charged in a sweeping public corruption case. The findings were discussed with The Times by officials familiar with its contents who spoke on condition of anonymity because the document remains under wraps.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-12-18-bell-finances-20101218,0,3215785.story

Steve

HDR
12-20-2010, 07:40 AM

Democrats seem to notice themselves occasionally. LOL

Charliebravo
12-20-2010, 12:38 PM
No political party named?

Automatically Dimocrap!
No chit. Even if they were actually "non-partisan" as the response claims, it would've gone something like "councilman Joe Smith, whose brother-in-law's sister's former roommate's best friend is a REPUBLICAN, will be headed to court today." Does anyone actually expect anything less from the station that employs Queef, The Munch, "Thrill Up My Leg" Matthews, or Ed "Obama just needs to be a dictator" Schultz?

American Rage
12-20-2010, 12:44 PM
MSM is just another liberal propaganda group. They wouldn't know the truth if it hit them in the ass. And that's why I don't read their crap to begin with. Of course, with net neutrality coming, millions of dumbasses will be steered to their lies, and we will all suffer for it.

Rage

sevlex
12-20-2010, 04:30 PM
MSM is just another liberal propaganda group. They wouldn't know the truth if it hit them in the ass.

They know the truth alright. They just don't want anyone else to know it.

:coffee:

Gunreference1
02-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Current and former Bell, California, officials face court hearing

By Michael Martinez, CNN
February 7, 2011 7:45 p.m. EST

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Four current and two former members of the scandal-ridden Bell, California, City Council appeared in court Monday for a preliminary hearing on whether prosecutors have enough evidence to bind them over for trial, a prosecutor said.

The hearing is expected to last days, officials said.

Jennifer Lentz Snyder, a prosecutor in the case who is also the assistant head deputy of the public integrity division, told CNN that testimony began Monday.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/07/california.bell.hearing/index.html?iref=allsearch

Steve

Warthogg
02-08-2011, 12:13 PM

And correctly so. Now we can correctly complain about the Dimocrat "Culture of Corruption".

Wart