PDA

View Full Version : No Smoking!

mrkalashnikov
12-09-2013, 04:45 PM
That pretty much sums it up.

Ever since the weather turned cold here in ObamaLand I haven't been partaking of the aged tobacco leaf, though my humidore is well stocked. Just kinda the way I roll when I can't sit on my porch or patio w/ a chilled beverage and commune with Nature.

What about you other gents? At least perhaps I can catch a virtual whiff of fine smoke, by hearing about somebody else's enjoyment of the Bueno Vida.... :cigarsmoking:

TEN-32
12-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Get yourself one of these! Keep right on rollin all year long!
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/980x735q90/837/38i6.jpg

El Jefe
12-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Get yourself one of these! Keep right on rollin all year long!
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/980x735q90/837/38i6.jpg

Yep. I put a fan in the window and close the doors on my little cave back here and do what I want.

That said, I haven't had a stogie or any whiskey since Thanksgiving day. :hurt:

silentkilla
12-09-2013, 09:25 PM
holy shit bro are you ok???

CigarGuy
12-10-2013, 07:21 AM
<looking down as to not make eye contact> Uh, it's 80 degrees here..........

mrkalashnikov
12-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Hmmm...still haven't seen anyone weigh in with what they're smoking this festive season. Rick & I are on the ceegar wagon for the time being, surely Matt & Stan are keeping some embers glowing?

SilentKilla has been too busy deer poaching no doubt. ;)

TEN-32
12-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Not on the wagon, but I've cut back lately. The last cigar I smoked was a Ramone Allones Small Club Corona. Very nice but small as the name suggests.

CigarGuy
12-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Not on the wagon, but I've cut back lately. The last cigar I smoked was a Ramone Allones Small Club Corona. Very nice but small as the name suggests.

THAT is a good one.
I'm still plowing through the last batch I got from CBid. All the variations on the AJ Fernandez lines. Man O' War, Diesel, San Lotano.
Been on a pretty intense San Cristobol Revelation bender, lately, too. That's the new one from Ashton in that line.
Went to an event and got some decent discounts.

El Jefe
12-10-2013, 02:27 PM
holy shit bro are you ok???

Yeah I'm fine, just been busy and not much in the mood for debauchery.

It won't last. ;)

TEN-32
12-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Stan is that new Ashton mild or is it right within your flavor profile?

CigarGuy
12-10-2013, 02:30 PM
It's the third in that San Cris line and it's in the middle. The Elegancia is Med. This is Med-Full.
The other one(can't think of name) is full. It's the line with the red parrot on the band, in a jungle scene.
All made by Pepin, of course.

mrkalashnikov
12-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Well, I was just peeking in my humidore. There's a Hammer & Sickle torpedo (anyone here try those?) A Rocky Patel or two, a couple Belmondos & some other assorted sticks. I'm getting a hankering to fire up the Weber charcoal kettle & roast some red meat. Might have to do that in the next couple of evenings or so, & fire one up. Cold weather be damned! :cigarsmoking: ;)

CigarGuy
12-10-2013, 03:34 PM
You got me hankering for a cigar and a pour for after dinner. Hopefully, wifey will be working on the computer.
And I AM going out to dinner with my Ashton buddy, tomorrow.
Don't know how you guys do that cold weather thing.

mrkalashnikov
12-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Yeah I'm fine, just been busy and not much in the mood for debauchery.

That's sort of been my thing as of late. Luckily, I'm seeing the light @ the end of the tunnel as of now and will be returning to normal mode. ;)

mrkalashnikov
12-10-2013, 03:38 PM

Really, I don't know how myself anymore. When I was younger this weather didn't bother me so much. Nowadays it's a different story. :freeze:

CigarGuy
12-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Funny. I'm ready for a little backslide, as it's always HOT here and I do miss the seasons.
Not the Chicago seasons, though. I'm thinking the Tennessee/Kentucky seasons......

TEN-32
12-10-2013, 04:04 PM
Really, I don't know how myself anymore. When I was younger this weather didn't bother me so much. Nowadays it's a different story. :freeze:

Same here. The older I get the less tolerance I have for extreme hot or cold weather. Its really gonna suck when the EPA bans air conditioning and heat. :big-eye-eek:

El Jefe
12-10-2013, 04:55 PM
That's sort of been my thing as of late. Luckily, I'm seeing the light @ the end of the tunnel as of now and will be returning to normal mode. ;)

So I guess you're on the mend after your encounter with the weaponized bench crud? ;)

El Jefe
12-10-2013, 04:57 PM

It can suck at times, no doubt. But our winters here in central Missouri are nothing compared to what I experienced as a kid on the open plains of Nebraska. At times the winter weather out there was brutal!

mrkalashnikov
12-10-2013, 05:06 PM
So I guess you're on the mend after your encounter with the weaponized bench crud? ;)

Yep, all over that rebop. That...was some seriously effed-up shyte though. I sometimes had bouts of bronchitis when I was young, stupid, & a (gag) cigarette smoker. The Olde Workbenche dust though was about 5x worse than that. I felt like an unlucky Doughboy that got gassed by the Kaiser's boys, circa 1917. :(

mrkalashnikov
12-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Same here. The older I get the less tolerance I have for extreme hot or cold weather. Its really gonna suck when the EPA bans air conditioning and heat. :big-eye-eek:

Well, if that will stop all the horrible global warming Mr Gore & Co have been warning us about, I guess we'll just have to live without those frivolities?

El Jefe
12-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Yep, all over that rebop. That...was some seriously effed-up shyte though. I sometimes had bouts of bronchitis when I was young, stupid, & a (gag) cigarette smoker. The Olde Workbenche dust though was about 5x worse than that. I felt like an unlucky Doughboy that got gassed by the Kaiser's boys, circa 1917. :(

Oh yeah, no telling what all was on that old bench. ;)

silentkilla
12-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Hmmm...still haven't seen anyone weigh in with what they're smoking this festive season. Rick & I are on the ceegar wagon for the time being, surely Matt & Stan are keeping some embers glowing?

SilentKilla has been too busy deer poaching no doubt. ;)

i wish brother! i haven't gotten to go this year. i'm still stuck in anniston ALA. working

mrkalashnikov
12-10-2013, 08:13 PM
i wish brother! i haven't gotten to go this year. i'm still stuck in anniston ALA. working

Well, you do what you have to do, bro. Don't forget to have a nice cigar & drink @ least sometimes after all those hours you put in working! :thumbsup:

El Jefe
12-10-2013, 10:06 PM

Well, somebody has to pay for Obama Care! ;)

silentkilla
12-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Well, you do what you have to do, bro. Don't forget to have a nice cigar & drink @ least sometimes after all those hours you put in working! :thumbsup:

oh i do have a drink at night but this little town does not have anykind of good stogies...

silentkilla
12-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Well, somebody has to pay for Obama Care! ;)

Smart ass........ lmao! ok ok i guess i'll pay for yours too....

El Jefe
12-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Smart ass........ lmao! ok ok i guess i'll pay for yours too....

Tanks, mang! ;)

CigarGuy
12-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Met my Ashton buddy at the restaurant last night. Sheesh, by the end of the evening, I was wishing
I had brought a light jacket. It HAD to be in the low to mid 60's!
Anyways, had one before and one after with a double pour of Michtners sipped throughout.
Shrimp and grits for dinner, with hot sauce, of course!

mrkalashnikov
12-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Met my Ashton buddy at the restaurant last night. Sheesh, by the end of the evening, I was wishing

Oh, the humanity!

-3* here in NE Illinois this morning....:crying_small: :coffee:

El Jefe
12-12-2013, 08:31 AM
Anyways, had one before and one after with a double pour of Michtners sipped throughout.
Shrimp and grits for dinner, with hot sauce, of course!

What did you think of the Michners?

CigarGuy
12-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Oh, the humanity!

Oh, it IS humidity........90%! Wait, did you say humanity? ;)
"Only" going to 75 today. 63 right now.

El Jefe
12-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Oh, the humanity!

Damn, it was a balmy 7 degrees here this morning. :)

CigarGuy
12-12-2013, 08:34 AM
What did you think of the Michners?

Meh. It was ok. Not very "full" and you KNOW I like "full"! Didn't see the bottle(we were outside, of course!) so
not sure which one it was, what the ABV was, etc.

El Jefe
12-12-2013, 09:14 AM
Meh. It was ok. Not very "full" and you KNOW I like "full"! Didn't see the bottle(we were outside, of course!) so
not sure which one it was, what the ABV was, etc.

Gotcha. I never see it for sale out here in the hinter lands.

CigarGuy
12-12-2013, 09:20 AM
Yeah. I don't think it is particularly "cheap". Lot's of others better for the price.......or less........