PDA

View Full Version : So glad our gov't knows what is best for us! More risks from CFL bulbs.

imanaknut
12-13-2013, 02:59 PM
With our feds telling us how much water our toilets use, what type of light bulbs we can have, and what kind of health care we can have, finding that federally mandated light bulbs can cause a rise in health care costs is not a surprise. But what the feds are doing to us does make me sick.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/12/13/energy-efficient-lightbulbs-could-pose-uv-risk-to-skin-trigger-migraines/

deth502
12-13-2013, 04:54 PM
clfs are yesterdays news anyway. its all about leds now.

l921428x
12-13-2013, 05:29 PM
hell read the hazardous materials warning on the back. the .gov spent billions to get mercury out of the loop and then mandate we use mercury in our homes!!!!!!!!
I bought, hopefully, a 10 yr supply of 60 watt bulbs.

Ruskiegunlover
12-13-2013, 06:23 PM
More and more like the soviet union every day. They, too, mandated certian products, and decided what was best for everyone.

Disgusting that our country has come to this.

rci2950
12-14-2013, 06:59 AM
i have those new phillips 25 year LED bulbs. They are like 2.5 watts each and put off just the right amount of light. Most importantly i will be well into retirement before they need to be changed.

Gunner1558
12-14-2013, 12:24 PM
But the Nanny State knows best.

Why do you question Big Brother?

NAPOTS
12-14-2013, 12:47 PM
I really hate that the government has mandated the use of CFLs, I don't have any problems advancing technology but I think it should be economically driven, not mandated.

That said, I have recently switched to CFLs in my house for a couple of reasons, first, incandescent put out so much damn heat that some rooms become unbearably hot in the summer with a light fixture turned on. I also figured out that you can put a 100 watt equivalent in a fixture rated for 60 watt bulbs because it only draws 26 watts so you can get more light out of your exisiting fixtures.

coppertales
12-14-2013, 04:25 PM
for many years due to the lowering of my light bill. Long before they were mandated. They are only bad for you if you break one. So, be more careful when handling them. I do have a stash of 100 and 60 watt old timey bulbs though. The govt will probably take them when they take my guns......chris3

El Laton Caliente
12-14-2013, 08:41 PM
clfs are yesterdays news anyway. its all about leds now.

Unless you are GE's CEO and Board who bet the farm on CLF's and then bribed politicians to make up for your mistake...

1 Patriot-of-many
12-15-2013, 12:59 AM
hell read the hazardous materials warning on the back. the .gov spent billions to get mercury out of the loop and then mandate we use mercury in our homes!!!!!!!!
I bought, hopefully, a 10 yr supply of 60 watt bulbs. I bought a lifetime supply of 130V bulbs a couple /few years ago myself. Last longer, though slightly less bright than 120V bulbs. I will not use CFL's period.(and I'm not Obama. I mean period) :)

shorthair
12-15-2013, 08:42 AM
I use CFL's (3) in the garage on a three way switch so I can at least see. For more light I use industrial four foot (3) four lamp High Bay fixtures and an eight foot High Bay over the work bench, all were salvage (free) :smile: and needed paint, lamps and lens diffusers. Even though I don't have a high bay they work just fine for me. All fluorescents are independent of each other.

Thinking about that I wouldn't be surprised if the Govmt. told me I need a "special residential license" to run all those lamps in the garage.:poundon:

No CFL's in the house for me either.