PDA

View Full Version : Another anti-gun store...

coppertales
12-13-2013, 07:32 PM
This week, the Sprouts grocery store chain has posted "no concealed carry pistols allowed" in their stores. The Southlake store I go to has the proper 3006 sign posted on the front door. I spoke with the manager about this and he was sorry but the order came down from his boss. he is also a CHL holder. When I asked to speak with him, he already knew what I was going to say. I shopped in this store weekly and I told the manager I will no longer shop in his store. So, if any of you shop in Sprouts stores, this is an anti gun owner store so keep this in mind. It is a bummer as they have very good prices on their products......chris3

l921428x
12-13-2013, 07:58 PM
I understand what you are saying and I understand his position. that being said what is concealed carry? don't tell. . he should not have known to start with, or even now.
NEVER, ever ever ever ever, never tell on yourself or your intentions.

it is easier to beg for forgiveness, than to ask for permission.

Sorry I didn't see the sign.

N/A
12-13-2013, 08:12 PM
I shop at Brookshires. There is a picture in every store of the old man who owned all them stores. He was a gun owning, church attending man. You can conceal carry in their stores.

coppertales
12-13-2013, 08:17 PM
I understand what you are saying and I understand his position. that being said what is concealed carry? don't tell. . he should not have known to start with, or even now.

In Texas, if the 3006 sign is posted at a business, you cannot legally carry a firearm into the building. I did not carry my pistol in the store but approached the manager and told him I would no longer shop at his store because of their new policy. If you enter a store with a 3006 sign and get caught. It is too late to beg forgiveness from the arresting officer......chris3

l921428x
12-13-2013, 09:43 PM
so the business WILL take responsibility for your protection and safety from whatever?

or do they say you cannot carry and enter at your own risk?

this place had a sign

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby's_massacre

who paid? just askin.
who paid the tab?

I wouldn't go back.

stinker
12-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Don't have any of them down here and never heard of them before.

You can keep them if you like because we really don't need any of that anyways. :thumbsup:

Bdangerous
12-15-2013, 12:08 PM
My wife and I just took our weekly trip into Sprouts yesterday when I came across the newly placed 30.06 sign. I was so sickened by their stupidity toward law abiding legal gun ownership that I did a quick search on Startpage while in the store and came across this blog. Thanks to you guys I quickly made the decision to talk with the manager and ask for the number to corporate. He proceeded to asked me why and I politely told him that we will no longer be shopping here because of the newly placed anti gun sign in the front window. Waiting for him to disagree with me and deal out the typical manager BS he smiled and said he placed his call into corporate yesterday complaining about the same sign. He is a CHL holder and carries when and where ever possible when he’s not working. He encouraged me to place a call into corporate and thanked me for approaching him about it. We have good people working in these anti gun stores in Texas and need the pro 2nd amendment community to place a call to corporate and politely voice our complaint, after all we are the good guys. I sent an email yesterday and will politely call first thing monday morning and educate them on their stupidity. After all, Texas woman love to shop and love to carry concealed and they do most of the shopping for Texas families. I'm sure Target, Walmart, Tom Thumb and Kroger (to name a few) will gladly except the influx of pro 2nd amendment money… and with the overwhelming crime statistics on Walmart properties around the country, I will quietly carry concealed for my family and my communities safety when shopping with them. For more information on who supports your second amendment rights and who does not check out www.2acheck.com Here they have a list of stores to boycott along with their press statements and information on how to contact each one. Sprout could easily win back my business by retracting their new policy against legal gun ownership and our right to carry concealed and if enough people raised their voice and boycotted their stores they might do just that.
Brian

Sprouts
Contact Them:
http://sprouts.com/contact
Sprouts Farmers Market
Corporate Office
11811 N. Tatum Blvd., Suite 2400
Phoenix, AZ 85028

By Phone
Main Line: 480-814-8016
Toll Free: 1-888-5-SPROUT
(1-888-577-7688)
Fax: 480-814-8017
Or on Facebook.

coppertales
12-15-2013, 12:25 PM
fixed their web site. The store location line did not work yesterday so I could not send an email. I just sent an email to them. Too bad, Sprouts had alot of good deals with produce, meat and seafood. I will miss them...chris3

l921428x
12-15-2013, 12:25 PM
welcome to the forum Bdangerous. enjoy

Cypher
12-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Emailed them too.

I can't for a store like this to get sued because someone could have stopped a violent crime if they did not have the sign posted.

1 Patriot-of-many
12-15-2013, 02:01 PM
In MN, if posted you can still carry no crime committed, only after being directly asked to leave and you don't can you be charged with trespass. Don't know how your state law is. I get it though, simply don't patronize them. I wrote a letter to the owners of a local liquor store when they first posted pointing out how much money I would no longer spend there and pointing out the armed robbery that occurred in the same area after a sign went up. They removed the sign and I still patronize them.

rci2950
12-15-2013, 02:18 PM
I just sent a nasty email to corporate.

They don't have to know i am in Canada.

davepool
12-15-2013, 02:24 PM
In MN, if posted you can still carry no crime committed, only after being directly asked to leave and you don't can you be charged with trespass. Don't know how your state law is. I get it though, simply don't patronize them. I wrote a letter to the owners of a local liquor store when they first posted pointing out how much money I would no longer spend there and pointing out the armed robbery that occurred in the same area after a sign went up. They removed the sign and I still patronize them.

It's the same here in Arizona, so i basically just ignore the signs, but mostly i don't bother to check for signs. Concealed means concealed, i have never been asked to leave any store. It sucks that there would be criminal charges if you failed to see the 30.06 sign.

Bdangerous
12-15-2013, 03:08 PM
It's the same here in Arizona, so i basically just ignore the signs, but mostly i don't bother to check for signs. Concealed means concealed, i have never been asked to leave any store. It sucks that there would be criminal charges if you failed to see the 30.06 sign.

In Texas you will be charged criminally if you pass a 30.06 sign and fail to disarm. A Texas CHL can walk past any "gun free" sign, but when the full 30.06 law is posted, even the concealed have to disarm. Of course you could argue that they have to catch you first and when carrying concealed it could be hard to do, but when it comes down to it… only the legal and lawful are disarmed by a sign, those who insist on committing an act of violence walk right in regardless of what sign is posted. This is proven over and over again with every school shooting or mass shooting in areas that are "gun free." The anti gun establishment is continuing to brain washing everyone into thinking guns are the problem and put pressure on those who are uneducated on the issue. Every time someone is in danger they have a habit of calling someone with a legal gun to come help. Why not promote legal gun ownership in a positive light then in the negitive in the hands of a criminal. At first sight of a gun in the hands of the legal and lawful, mass shooters end the violence by ending their own life. The recent Arapahoe High School shooter only proves this point, enough said. Keep up the good fight, education is key and make sure it's done in a positive way. Like I said, we are the good guys. What I don't understand is that Sprouts is based out of Arizona… and if you can walk past a 30.06 their, why would they bother posting them?

CigarGuy
12-15-2013, 03:20 PM

I will not reward bad behavior by "sneaking" my concealed carry in a business that does
not want my business.
But, that's just me.

l921428x
12-15-2013, 10:27 PM
I will not reward bad behavior by "sneaking" my concealed carry in a business that does
not want my business.
But, that's just me.

didn't mean sneak, we here in ga. do not have to look for signs and I did not know it was criminal in tx.
I just wouldn't shop there either.

coppertales
12-16-2013, 12:05 AM
if you enter a place that has the 3006 sign posted and get caught with a gun, it is a class A misdeminor (sp)......I surely don't want to go there....chris3