PDA

View Full Version : Went to Physical Therapy Yesterday

ltorlo64
12-17-2013, 08:24 AM
On the October 1rst I did something to my achilles tenden while doing my morning run. Not sure what but about 30 minutes after my run was over I could not put any weight on it. Went to the doctor and was told I had tendonitus and was referred to physical therapy (PT). Then the government shutdown happened which cancelled my appointment and it took till yesterday to be able to be seen by PT. Now, almost 3 months later, I still can't run but I can walk without a limp.

I ended up with my PT appointment at Walther Reed/Bethesda Naval Hospital (they are now combined). When the Physical Therapist took me to the exercise area to show me the excerises I need to do I felt so ashamed to be there. I have a sore heel and I am in the same room with young men and women who are missing limbs, many multiple limbs, and one young man who had only an arm left. I have given a lot for my country in the 30 years I have on active duty, but I have not given that much. It was a sobering experience.

Gunner1558
12-17-2013, 08:57 AM
'64, if you consider it acceptable, please pass on thanks for their service and sacrifices for mine, and ALL our families.

I was a reluctant draftee, '66-'68 and now, would not trade the experience for anything, but these young folks are volunteers. I have nothing but respect for them!

Just "Thanks, from a gunsnet blogger!"

Good luck with your therapy, the achilles tendon is a tender problem. Heal (heel?) quickly!

Had to throw that in,

l921428x
12-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Hey it is ok. Just heal yourself.

btcave
12-17-2013, 10:19 AM
I get my healthcare through the VA medical center. I get that same experience with ages ranging from 20 something to WWII vets in their 90's. Sobering is a good word to discribe it.

coppertales
12-17-2013, 10:24 AM
get my healthcare at the VA. When I go there and look around, I tell myself "but for the grace of God, there goes I"........chris3

El Duce
12-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Thank you for sharing this information. I will let my children read it. So that they have an even better understanding of why we Thank EVERY Veteran that we see.

Schuetzenman
12-18-2013, 06:33 AM
I can understand your point of view ltorlo64.

TEN-32
12-18-2013, 07:09 AM
And as a special thanks for your dedicated service and all those wounded warriors you were with at PT, the new budget cuts military retirements. The food stamps and section 8 and welfare not so much. :rant:

Anyway, I hope your injury heals. Exercise is dangerous! I try to avoid it. :rofl:

1 Patriot-of-many
12-18-2013, 11:48 AM
On the October 1rst I did something to my achilles tenden while doing my morning run. Not sure what but about 30 minutes after my run was over I could not put any weight on it. Went to the doctor and was told I had tendonitus and was referred to physical therapy (PT). Then the government shutdown happened which cancelled my appointment and it took till yesterday to be able to be seen by PT. Now, almost 3 months later, I still can't run but I can walk without a limp.

I ended up with my PT appointment at Walther Reed/Bethesda Naval Hospital (they are now combined). When the Physical Therapist took me to the exercise area to show me the excerises I need to do I felt so ashamed to be there. I have a sore heel and I am in the same room with young men and women who are missing limbs, many multiple limbs, and one young man who had only an arm left. I have given a lot for my country in the 30 years I have on active duty, but I have not given that much. It was a sobering experience. Yeah, but you would. You're a man among men. Get well. I've always found Physical therapy expensive and useless.