PDA

View Full Version : Newest plinker...SR22

NRAJOE
12-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Picked up a Ruger SR22 pistol just for giggles (actually sold my MKII to a neighbor to get this, but I'll get another later)

Good feeling little pistol for being a .22 lr
Almost bought a Walther P22 that was black slide/green frame but I liked the adjustable sights on the Ruger.

Haven't shot it yet, but it seems to have more favorable reviews than bad.

$320 out the door.

http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/members/895-nrajoe/albums/nrajoe-s-junk/7394-ruger-sr22.jpg

Darrell
12-23-2013, 03:11 PM
A buddy of mine has one of these. The only thing I didn't care for was how you have to move the safe switch up to fire.

I'm not saying it would be a deal breaker. I would just prefer it to be the other way around.

Darrell

FunkyPertwee
12-23-2013, 03:17 PM
I like it!

I wish they came with threaded muzzles, however.

Adog
12-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Nice looking pistol.
Is it single action, or da/sa?

deth502
12-23-2013, 03:44 PM
ive fed mine any and every kind of shit and never a hiccup. i had one mag where i noticed 2 rounds had pieces of electric tape on them. instead of doing the correct/safe thing, i just said, what the fuck, and loaded them up. ran right through them without a problem. i cannot MAKE this thing jam, unlike a friends walther p22 that wont cycle if you look at it wrong.

jojo
12-23-2013, 05:05 PM
A buddy of mine has one of these. The only thing I didn't care for was how you have to move the safe switch up to fire. I'm not saying it would be a deal breaker. I would just prefer it to be the other way around. Darrell

I had a similar feeling when I handled one. It kinda felt backwards to me. Good looking and feels great in the hand but couldn't get past the safety.

NRAJOE
12-23-2013, 09:59 PM
I like it!

I wish they came with threaded muzzles, however.

They do make a version with threaded barrel, plus even though its a fixed barrel design, you can remove the barrel easily and buy a threaded replacement from Ruger.

NRAJOE
12-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Nice looking pistol.
Is it single action, or da/sa?

DA/SA...