PDA

View Full Version : Essential Reloading Tools for Beginners

Gunreference1
12-30-2013, 08:03 PM
Information for the beginner.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/2013/12/17/essential-reloading-tools-for-beginners/#.UsHYWpD2-Ds.facebook

Steve

Pat Garrett
03-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Good article.

I especially liked the comment about buying good quality gear right from the start. My preference in most things single stage is Redding. A little more expensive, but very well worth it. Lyman and RCBS make top notch equipment as well.

Collect a little at a time, and over a year or two you';ll have it all, and all top quality.

If you shoot a lot, go with Dillon for a progressive. There are others that work, but it's a lifetime investment so why not get the very best to start with?

A good manual, like the Lyman, Hodgdon, Hornady is essential. Add a Redding "Big Boss" press, dies,shell holder and a good scale. (regardless of the brand of scale you choose, make sure it's manufactured by the Ohaus Scale Co.) a powder funnel, and you're ready for basic reloading.

You'll soon want to add a good powder measure. I like the Redding or RCBS. For a case trimmer, you can go cheap and get the LEE trimmer that fits your electric hand drill.

A decent dial caliber will eventually follow, and some case guages. (Again, you can go cheap and get the Midway guages) Eventually you'll want a tumbler. But there's no hurry there, you can wipe cases with an old towel when you're starting.

If you buy the best to start with, you'll never have to waste money replacing equipment.

Schuetzenman
03-09-2014, 09:19 AM
Finally clicked the link and I see .... almost nothing. Blank page except for the headline banners. Zero information to be read.

O.S.O.K.
03-09-2014, 01:20 PM
Came up fine for me... maybe you're on a list or something :lool:

Schuetzenman
03-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Came up fine for me... maybe you're on a list or something :lool:
The list would be better equipped than what he shows. It finally came up for me btw. It was slower last time, I guess I gave up before it loaded the first time.