PDA

View Full Version : GunsNet Back online..but under construction!

gunsnetadmin
02-17-2014, 07:16 PM
Ok, GN is back up, but this is a Jan 2nd database restore. Sorry folks..other server really bit it and we had no recent backup. I am now hosting this server on my network so I'll have up-to-date backups every night.

AK-47.net should be up eventually..thats another story.

Working on it..be patient.

You may experience on-off access while I adjust settings.

Guns Network Staff
02-17-2014, 07:23 PM
GREAT NEWS!

gunsnetadmin
02-17-2014, 07:35 PM
I apologize to all about having to go back to Jan 2nd backups. Wont happen again.

Gunreference1
02-17-2014, 07:43 PM
Alex, thank you for getting Gunsnet back up!

Steve

imanaknut
02-17-2014, 09:01 PM
Alex, congrats on getting the site back up with the new servers.

Also as I have said in other places, we need a "forgot password" feature on the log in page. So glad you reloaded January 1, 2014 as I got the 180 day password change notice just before the site went down, and changed it to something that only the Lord knows, and He is not talking. Was really scary being logged in knowing that if I accidentally deleted the site cookies I could no longer get back in.

So how do I know that the password I though I changed to was wrong? Being an Admin there was a troll that I needed to ban, and to do so requires my password, which is how I found out that the PW I thought I changed to was wrong, and after 5 tries was told good bye. Lucky I did not log off the original page so I was able to stay on the site, just couldn't do my appointed Admin duties.

Again, congrats Alex, David and anyone else who got the new servers in, and up and running!

rshaneck2002
02-17-2014, 09:08 PM
And I thought the ATF made a raid on all of us., whew???

gunsnetadmin
02-17-2014, 10:05 PM
Alex, congrats on getting the site back up with the new servers.

Also as I have said in other places, we need a "forgot password" feature on the log in page. So glad you reloaded January 1, 2014 as I got the 180 day password change notice just before the site went down, and changed it to something that only the Lord knows, and He is not talking. Was really scary being logged in knowing that if I accidentally deleted the site cookies I could no longer get back in.

So how do I know that the password I though I changed to was wrong? Being an Admin there was a troll that I needed to ban, and to do so requires my password, which is how I found out that the PW I thought I changed to was wrong, and after 5 tries was told good bye. Lucky I did not log off the original page so I was able to stay on the site, just couldn't do my appointed Admin duties.

The "forgot password" is default functionality in VB. If you click on Log in and you type the password incorrectly, you can click on a link on the following page that pops up and it will help you get new password.

Again, congrats Alex, David and anyone else who got the new servers in, and up and running!

David bought 'em...then I migrated to latest n greatest Solaris 10 and accompanying software which caused a crapload of problems. Some software wasnt compatible with the OS and a later version of that software wasnt available which left Solaris as a non-viable OS to use to my utter disappointment. So I installed CentOS Linux and migrated the entire site to that.

L1A1Rocker
02-18-2014, 09:53 AM
Glad it's back.