PDA

View Full Version : Guns Network is BACK UP....

Guns Network Staff
02-17-2014, 07:18 PM
We have brand new servers....

These servers are some of the fastest money can buy...

The backs up are to January 1st, 2014....

The wait was mostly lately to do transferring static IP's.

Alex is still working hard in the background....

David

N/A
02-17-2014, 07:19 PM
Thanks,,,,,missed the place.

Kadmos
02-17-2014, 07:31 PM
Crap...I was getting so much stuff done!

Oh well..

Schuetzenman
02-17-2014, 07:33 PM
Crap...I was getting so much stuff done!

Oh well..

I'm sure nobody will rag on you to post. I know I won't!

coppertales
02-17-2014, 07:45 PM
Happy, happy, happy......................................chris3

ltorlo64
02-17-2014, 07:45 PM
Nice to see the site back up! Now, just have to get the word out.

silentkilla
02-17-2014, 07:56 PM
I'm sure nobody will rag on you to post. I know I won't!

lmao!!! good to see all of you again!! my brothers!

rgmcl
02-17-2014, 08:01 PM
YAY!

Gunreference1
02-17-2014, 08:06 PM
I ended up getting some yard work done due to the lack of Gunsnet. Glad it's back up & running!

Steve

Ruskiegunlover
02-17-2014, 08:44 PM
I too missed this place. Seems like not many back yet....

FunkyPertwee
02-17-2014, 08:45 PM
I'm glad we're back.

The other gun forums suck. They suck hard.

imanaknut
02-17-2014, 08:52 PM
As stated in another thread, so glad your back up date was before I changed my password to one I didn't write down and totally could not remember what the heck it was! Used my old password to get in, changed it to one I can remember but regardless wrote it down.

We really need a "forgot password" feature on the log in page.

Guns Network Staff
02-17-2014, 09:08 PM
As stated in another thread, so glad your back up date was before I changed my password to one I didn't write down and totally could not remember what the heck it was! Used my old password to get in, changed it to one I can remember but regardless wrote it down.

I will work on it shortly.

imanaknut
02-17-2014, 09:11 PM
I will work on it shortly.

THANK YOU!!!!!

N/A
02-17-2014, 09:51 PM
THANK YOU!!!!!

I'm seeing a lot of code above the banner at the top of the page.

Cypher
02-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Glad to hear the site is back up. Did you guys send a email that the site was down? I eventually found the FB page to find out what was going on.

N/A
02-17-2014, 09:53 PM
I'm seeing a lot of code above the banner at the top of the page.

The only way I can post is "reply with quote".

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 261

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 261

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 38

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 38

tank_monkey
02-17-2014, 10:06 PM
Glad this board is BACK. :D I was checking some of the other forums and they were already doing the "good riddance" epitaph of this site. OH yeah? Like THEIR gun forums are so much better. .......

Guns Network Staff
02-17-2014, 10:12 PM
Glad this board is BACK. :D I was checking some of the other forums and they were already doing the "good riddance" epitaph of this site. OH yeah? Like THEIR gun forums are so much better. .......

Owners of those sites are fucking complete morons who could not come out of the rain, especially when they are already wet. Also is it strange how we are suppose to be on the same side when it comes to the second amendment. Majority of them have no BALLS to say shit to my face. Last two tried got their asses handed to them, when they finally realized who I was at a Shot Show.

Penguin
02-17-2014, 11:18 PM
For a while there I was worried that the site had kicked the bucket again. Glad to hear it is just a server upgrade.

gunsnetadmin
02-17-2014, 11:30 PM

Lmao. That'd be the day.

JTHunter
02-17-2014, 11:34 PM

Glad to see the site "back up" (pun intended!) as well.

Hey 'nut - I've never gotten a notice to change my p/w and I'm still using the same one.

sevlex
02-18-2014, 12:54 AM
Happy to see we're back. Does this mean we are starting over from Jan 1?

Well, back to the Olympics.

El Jefe
02-18-2014, 01:35 AM
Um, seems oddly slow.

Just sayin.

l921428x
02-18-2014, 04:37 AM
Ive been told the site was dead, that we have all you need. but if you say damn it you get a pm.
I enjoy the information I could learn from them but........
it is not you guys. Jefferson to Kadmos. Scheutz to 308.
This IS my web home and I was troubled when I could not check in and people were saying..........

gunsnetadmin
02-18-2014, 06:37 AM
Happy to see we're back. Does this mean we are starting over from Jan 1?

Well, back to the Olympics.

yea... sorry about that.

Dan Morris
02-18-2014, 08:36 AM
Made it back again! Sincere thanks for all the hard work!
Dan

jet3534
02-18-2014, 09:43 AM
Response time is now noticeably quicker.

gunsnetadmin
02-18-2014, 10:30 AM
Response time is now noticeably quicker.

yea these servers are dual quad core. LOL...they are pretty fast.

sevlex
02-18-2014, 11:39 AM
yea... sorry about that.

Are you going to be doing nightly backups now that you have a hotrod server setup?

s15v8
02-18-2014, 11:45 AM
Glad to see this site back up and running again

El Duce
02-18-2014, 02:31 PM
Welcome back!

Warlord
02-18-2014, 04:42 PM
http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?28842-Where-the-hell-have-I-been-where-the-hell-has-Guns-net-beenHolly crap! it's nice to see all you old bastards again. Here's a link to a post I started after my discovery.

Guns Network Staff
02-18-2014, 05:39 PM
Are you going to be doing nightly backups now that you have a hotrod server setup?

That would be FOR SURE... now that Alex had the controls and now serverS.

recon
02-18-2014, 06:05 PM
Thanks for you guys working to get the Best AK-47 site back up!

Richard Simmons
02-18-2014, 06:11 PM
Welcome home everyone!

stinker
02-18-2014, 06:45 PM
Was getting a little worried there...

davepool
02-18-2014, 07:05 PM
Woo Hoo, withdrawal symptoms slowly....fading....away.... aahhhhh !

gunsnetadmin
02-18-2014, 08:44 PM

having a hotrod server setup had nothing to do with backups. Originally we had a standby server but it went bad, so it was replaced with another. We WERE going to replace it.. but didnt get around to it. The server emails me every morning with a "status report" that I created, I read it..didnt see anything strange until that one day it went down. The slice I keep GN and AK in had about 100mb free. I was housing backups on that slice also. So I went and purged backups to 1 weeks worth. Had alot of space after that. Then the server started running real slow to where I was getting kicked off. It ended up being a hardware issue. Funny thing, or not so funny..I was actually fixing to transfer backups to my NAS at my home office when GN took a crap.

GN & AK is now hosted at my home office and on its own network, segregated, with a NAS assigned for backups directly to it.

Hobe Sound AK
02-19-2014, 06:08 PM
Glad to see it back. I have been wanting to ask when I got back, was this any type of Anti-Gun Hacking or Sabatoage involved? We should file a Complaint agaisnt Smith and Wesson Forums.com They are 1 of the 5 Gun Forum's I belong to. While the Site was down. I did post's on all my Other Forum's, hoping to find a Member from here who was also a Member on one of my other Site's. Big Mistake! I did a post on The Lounge, their version of our General Discussion Forum. The Replies I got back were less than Professional or Frendly. Some Jerkoff, posted "Gun Board's are a Dime a Dozen" Why should we care about an Insignificant unknown Forum. Finally the Moderatior of the Forum had to step in for me and lock down my Post. Unknown, my Ass! I find myself spending less time on that Site now. Paul

Schuetzenman
02-19-2014, 06:47 PM
Are the photo galleries going to come back?

gpwasr10
02-19-2014, 06:51 PM
I was wondering wtf happend... I had some SKS questions I needed answered...

Guns Network Staff
02-19-2014, 06:53 PM
Glad to see it back. I have been wanting to ask when I got back, was this any type of Anti-Gun Hacking or Sabotage involved? We should file a Complaint against Smith and Wesson Forums.com They are 1 of the 5 Gun Forum's I belong to. While the Site was down. I did post's on all my Other Forum's, hoping to find a Member from here who was also a Member on one of my other Site's. Big Mistake! I did a post on The Lounge, their version of our General Discussion Forum. The Replies I got back were less than Professional or Friendly. Some Jerkoff, posted "Gun Board's are a Dime a Dozen" Why should we care about an Insignificant unknown Forum. Finally the Moderator of the Forum had to step in for me and lock down my Post. Unknown, my Ass! I find myself spending less time on that Site now. Paul

IF we had the time before the server down, we would have posted some sort of message. Unfortunately our servers ALL took a shit. Motherboard issues, 0/0 hard drive took a shit and we did everything just to get one working server (out of three) to pull a more current backup. During this time, Alex convinced me to move the "new" servers to his server room so he could setup a better backup system. I bought three servers (all with dual quad core processors), along with many 2TB hard drives.

Now then let me also say our forums have been around long before Smith and Wesson forum was ever thought about. 1995 was the first year, so yeah their forum is a "dime a dozen" forum. I had been wanting to upgrade for the last six months our servers. Just knowing we were going to start having problems.

Here are my thoughts.....

Why would ANY gun or weapon type discussion forum ownership or staff EVER PUT DOWN ANOTHER weapons forum? It is because the owners either have BAD STAFF or they are BAD (owners) who do not give a shit about their own members.

It is all about CONTROL... Sorry that is NOT going to happen here.

How many here have seen the IDIOT STAFF MEMBERS go out of their way to control the discussion?

Ban their own members for discussing a topic that does not agree with a staff members point of view?

It is time OWNERS and their staff members of these discussion communities either on the same side as the second amendment or it is time for all members to leave these so called gun discussion communities.

It is all about CONTROL, I mean control the discussion, control an ideology... They are acting like Liberal Democrats.. aka COMMUNIST BASTARDS....

It is time to spread the word!!! It is time for all GUN LOVING, SECOND AMENDMENT AMERICANS to come back to Guns Network and lets build on her foundations.... Since 1995 is why I say.... Lets start building GUNS NETWORK back up. I am wanting to add on to our staff in the next 3 months. We are going to get back to getting our community involved with the firearms community. We have done this once before, we can do this again.

David

Guns Network Staff
02-19-2014, 06:54 PM
Are the photo galleries going to come back? Alex will be working on it, when he gets the chance.

gpwasr10
02-19-2014, 07:18 PM
IF we had the time before the server down, we would have posted some sort of message. Unfortunately our servers ALL took a shit. Motherboard issues, 0/0 hard drive took a shit and we did everything just to get one working server (out of three) to pull a more current backup. During this time, Alex convinced me to move the "new" servers to his server room so he could setup a better backup system. I bought three servers (all with dual quad core processors), along with many 2TB hard drives.

Now then let me also say our forums have been around long before Smith and Wesson forum was ever thought about. 1995 was the first year, so yeah their forum is a "dime a dozen" forum. I had been wanting to upgrade for the last six months our servers. Just knowing we were going to start having problems.

Here are my thoughts.....

Why would ANY gun or weapon type discussion forum ownership or staff EVER PUT DOWN ANOTHER weapons forum? It is because the owners either have BAD STAFF or they are BAD (owners) who do not give a shit about their own members.

It is all about CONTROL... Sorry that is NOT going to happen here.

How many here have seen the IDIOT STAFF MEMBERS go out of their way to control the discussion?

Ban their own members for discussing a topic that does not agree with a staff members point of view?

It is time OWNERS and their staff members of these discussion communities either on the same side as the second amendment or it is time for all members to leave these so called gun discussion communities.

It is all about CONTROL, I mean control the discussion, control an ideology... They are acting like Liberal Democrats.. aka COMMUNIST BASTARDS....

It is time to spread the word!!! It is time for all GUN LOVING, SECOND AMENDMENT AMERICANS to come back to Guns Network and lets build on her foundations.... Since 1995 is why I say.... Lets start building GUNS NETWORK back up. I am wanting to add on to our staff in the next 3 months. We are going to get back to getting our community involved with the firearms community. We have done this once before, we can do this again.

David

Wow.. you just described every 1911 board I have ever been on... The only platform I ever liked were the owners made me finally abandon it together. It is cool though, cause I found the XD.

Hobe Sound AK
02-19-2014, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the Update. I am thinking of Leaving the S&W Forums. not what it was 2 Year's ago. Paul

FunkyPertwee
02-19-2014, 07:28 PM

David

Hells yeah!

recon
02-19-2014, 10:46 PM
Wow! Site is wicked fast! Any plans for advertisers coming back?

Guns Network Staff
02-19-2014, 10:55 PM
Wow! Site is wicked fast! Any plans for advertisers coming back?

We will after 90 days. We need a good running platform and all the kinks worked out.

recon
02-19-2014, 11:06 PM
Good to hear! Thanks.