PDA

View Full Version : The Proper Perspective...

Gunner1558
02-17-2014, 08:44 PM
May have been around, made me smile, so here you are.

The Proper Perspective...

You may have heard on the news about a Southern California man who was put
under 72-hour psychiatric observation when it was found he owned 100 guns
and allegedly had 100,000 rounds of ammunition stored in his home. The house
also featured a secret escape tunnel.

By Southern California standards someone like this would be considered
"mentally unstable."

What Southern California lacks is The Proper Perspective

In Arizona , he'd be called "an avid gun collector."

In Arkansas , he'd be called "a novice gun collector."

In Utah , he'd be called "moderately well prepared," but they'd probably
reserve judgment until they made sure that he had a corresponding quantity
of stored food."

In Kansas, he'd be "A guy down the road you would want to have for a
friend."

In Montana , he'd be called "The neighborhood 'Go-To' guy."

In Alabama , he'd be called "a likely gubernatorial candidate."

In Georgia , he'd be called "an eligible bachelor."

In North Carolina , Mississippi, and South Carolina he would be called "a
deer hunting buddy."

And in Texas he's just "Bubba, who's a little short on ammo..."

whiskeyman
02-17-2014, 10:25 PM
Good one.:lool:

imanaknut
02-17-2014, 11:03 PM
Cute, needed a good laugh this evening!

So does this mean I am Arkansas?

JTHunter
02-17-2014, 11:49 PM
Good'un Gunner!

tank_monkey
02-18-2014, 12:49 AM
MAN, this joke is old. I've seen the same words "You MAY have seen in the news this week....." and if you do a GOOGLE search, you'll find this very same joke making appearances in 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010.!!

Though GUNNER1558's Version is by far THE BEST version!

This is an OLD story and though the joke is funny, it also isn't ACCURATE. This event happened in Norco, CA back in 2007. So Thomas McKiernan, aged 60, is a retired machinist and his house catches on fire. When the cops and firefighters try to get him to leave, he's being evasive. He won't leave but he won't say why, and his explanations are bizarre and don't make sense to them. So the cops drag him out and put him on a 72 hour Psych eval for fighting the cops and firemen. It's only LATER that they discover an underground tunnel complex with 100 LEGAL guns. The kicker is that he didn't have 100,000 rounds of ammo. He had over ONE MILLION ROUNDS. The firefighters were concerned because of the potential damage of over one million rounds cooking off in a structure fire. Now California has NO law against a large collection, and frankly 100 guns is no big deal. The authorities were just freaking out over the cache of a million rounds, also being that this was only discovered because the damned HOUSE caught on fire to begin with. :D But again, there is no law against having a million rounds either.

So, NO, in California, you don't get put on a psych hold just for having guns. Sorry guys. But it's still a great joke. :D

TEN-32
02-18-2014, 04:39 AM
In Chicago, he'd be called a felon.:wow:

Aggressive Perfector
02-18-2014, 10:04 AM
Weather it is or isn't a crime (and it shouldn't be) I can still understand why he was more that a little apprehensive about it being found by the "authorities". :wink:

1 Patriot-of-many
02-18-2014, 12:13 PM
In Chicago, he'd be called a felon.:wow: And in DC he'd be a terrorist considering owning an expended unregistered shotgun shell is a crime.

tank_monkey
02-18-2014, 07:15 PM
Weather it is or isn't a crime (and it shouldn't be) I can still understand why he was more that a little apprehensive about it being found by the "authorities". :wink:
I would have really hidden my stash anyway. If it's underground, put them in crates marked "MREs" etc. He went only halfway, IMHO. Also he's sitting on a GOLD MINE if he were to take 1 million rounds to the nearest gunshow and sell them during the ammo rush.....

studmuffin
02-19-2014, 03:47 PM
And then the guys with badges come with metal detectors and dogs with really good sniffers.