PDA

View Full Version : Kalashnikov Harbors Massive Plans For Global Market

recon
02-25-2014, 11:43 PM
http://english.pravda.ru/business/companies/13-02-2014/126830-kalashnikov_global_market-0/

Schuetzenman
02-26-2014, 06:28 AM
So they want to avoid bankruptcy, well just ship a couple of boat loads of semi-autos and mags over here and they'll sell like hot cakes!

NAPOTS
02-26-2014, 08:46 AM
Since Obama won't even let in surplus M1 carbines what would be even better is if they opened a manufacturing plant stateside to make rifles and mags

Aggressive Perfector
02-26-2014, 09:27 AM
^This. It would be very nice to have these rifles made right here in the U.S. ... from Russian tooling. Then the rifles wouldn't have to be bastardized to be compliant and we'd be able to have some more "authentic" AK's on the market!

FunkyPertwee
02-26-2014, 09:48 AM
I think it would cost an ass of money to invest in a cold-hammer forged barrel machine in the US.

I'm pretty sure its way more cost effective to produce ARs in the US and AKs in Russia.

NAPOTS
02-26-2014, 08:55 PM
I think it would cost an ass of money to invest in a cold-hammer forged barrel machine in the US.

I'm pretty sure its way more cost effective to produce ARs in the US and AKs in Russia.

Arent there already US sources for AK barrels? Barrel imports were halted years ago yes?

Schuetzenman
02-26-2014, 09:26 PM
Arent there already US sources for AK barrels? Barrel imports were halted years ago yes?

The surplus kits have no barrels anymore because of Klinton era executive orders to BATFE. But then again the N Pap, O Paps, Wasr 10's etc. are getting in as complete weapons.

FunkyPertwee
02-26-2014, 09:36 PM

There are US made barrels meant to complete kits without imported barrels.

They are not cold hammer forged and chrome lined, unfortunately, so its not quite the same thing as getting an imported AK.

imanaknut
02-26-2014, 09:55 PM
Kits, I really hate that word when related to rifles. They used to be real rifles. We used to have a constitution that verified our rights to buy them, but then infringements, and bans, and our second amendment became dust in the wind.

With a real constitution, and real rights, we wouldn't be talking about kits, we wouldn't be talking about semi-auto "Kalashnikovs" but we would be talking about the real deal, just as General Kalashnikov designed Avtomats. And we could help our comrads in arms stay in business.

recon
05-15-2014, 08:30 PM
Update on this story.
http://www.guns.com/2014/05/06/production-up-way-up-at-the-new-kalashnikov-concern/